Only in port from 7AM to 2PM; suggestions?

PaperSniper4

We're seniors, cruise a lot to the Caribbean, but have been to Curacao only once about 10 years ago. I was sick so only saw the

and an open air market.

We have but a very short visit (5-6 hrs) on our cruise, so I'm asking for suggestions on what to do. My initial reaction is to try and find a ship's tour that does a quick "island-fam" type bus tour. We don't need to spend time on the beach or snorkel on this visit and we don't want to rent a car for such a short stop. So ideas are welcome.:cool:

Doug

We're seniors, cruise a lot to the Caribbean, but have been to Curacao only once about 10 years ago. I was sick so only saw the
and an open air market.

We have but a very short visit (5-6 hrs) on our cruise, so I'm asking for suggestions on what to do. My initial reaction is to try and find a ship's tour that does a quick "island-fam" type bus tour. We don't need to spend time on the beach or snorkel on this visit and we don't want to rent a car for such a short stop. So ideas are welcome.:cool:

Doug

Take the little tarin/trolley ride tour then walk along the waterfront and look at the shops, have a drink or light lunch at one of the ourdoor restaurants then walk back to the ship over the bridge.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the two excellent suggestions, Crewsweeper and Lenquixote66.

Doug

BTW Doug, we're "seniors too". LOL. And tI forgot last night, there's an excellent "farmers market" selling all sorts of veggies and things. While you can't bring any fresh stuff back to the ship, it's an interesting stroll to see what's available and learn a bit about the island's culture.

There is a museum to slavery just up the waterfront on the craft market/ship pier side. I found it interesting and a great learning experience but recommend strolling through on your own not via ship excursion with guide. Our guide preached heavily and was very opinionated.

..... Our guide preached heavily and was very opinionated.

Sounds like our experience in Grenada in January. Our guide was a super fellow, full of information about the things we visited. But sadly, near the end of the tour while we drove back to the ship, "someone" asked a question about some sort of political poster we saw.....WOW, that opened up the floodgates. Most on the bus ended up with a negative attitude after that; before we all had a very positive attitude. Still, that's the first such incident we've had in 35 or so cruises.:cool:

We walked off the ship and there were people offering bus tours-$20pp for 2 hours called Ben Tours. It also stopped at the Curaçao factory where we got to try different flavours. We quite enjoyed it.

That sounds interesting. And short.

That sounds interesting. And short.

We originally had a private snorkel excursion which was cancelled because of the horrendous weather so we hopped on this 2 hour bus tour instead. It was great actually-only about 10 of us total. By the time we got back the weather improved and we went and walked around in town.

Inside the Curaçao liquor factory tour there were very few people and we enjoyed trying the little samples. The bus driver was great and we did enjoy this last minute tour.

We originally had a private snorkel excursion which was cancelled because of the horrendous weather so we hopped on this 2 hour bus tour instead. It was great actually-only about 10 of us total. By the time we got back the weather improved and we went and walked around in town.

Inside the Curaçao liquor factory tour there were very few people and we enjoyed trying the little samples. The bus driver was great and we did enjoy this last minute tour.

Thanks, I'll log that one as a possible also.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...