Bikini Beach Club on Orient Beach?

volk904

When we went it was the clothing optional side. A couple of women were topless.

All of Orient was topless. The CO side was to the right of the rocky area. I think Panchos was the only bar on that side and then there was Club O. Perch Lite is on that side now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know what the daily charge is for Bikini Beach? We have 8 and 10 year old boys - ... is there any reason we shouldn't take them there? I can't determine whether it's meant to be adults only. Typically we hit Big Bay Beach... but we've been several times and I'm keen to explore the French side of the island.

thx

We were there last week and went parasailing. We did not stay to enjoy the amenities, but it did seem to be the only place operating on the bay. They had loungers and umbrellas, and some sort of bar/restaurant.

There is parasailing, banana boat rides, jet ski rentals and a water trampoline. There was tons of seaweed washed up that you have to walk through, which my DS10 thought was gross, but the water was beautiful otherwise.

Does anyone know what the daily charge is for Bikini Beach? We have 8 and 10 year old boys - ... is there any reason we shouldn't take them there? I can't determine whether it's meant to be adults only. Typically we hit Big Bay Beach... but we've been several times and I'm keen to explore the French side of the island.

thx

There will be charge for chairs and umbrellas - do not know current charges, but should not be more than $20 for two chairs and one umbrella. It is not adult only. Female topless is acceptable anywhere on Orient Beach, so that might be there, but usually not that common at Bikini. Nudity is not acceptable at Bikini. I would encourage you to try Bikini.

Given that Bikini Beach is one of the few places that have rebuilt/reopened on Orient will it be very crowded/too crowded to get chairs and umbrellas? There will be 7800 cruisers in port on the day we visit.

There were 3 ships docked when we were there, so about the same number and it was still pretty empty.

Is there decent snorkeling nearby? We plan to bring our equipment and hope to see some fishes. We are also beginners so we don't plan to go far out into the waters.

We may also plan to lounge and the fiancee may do some topless sunbathing. Is that okay on the Bikini lounge chairs?

Is there decent snorkeling nearby? We plan to bring our equipment and hope to see some fishes. We are also beginners so we don't plan to go far out into the waters.

We may also plan to lounge and the fiancee may do some topless sunbathing. Is that okay on the Bikini lounge chairs?

Which cruise are you on again? :D

No decent snorkeling nearby.

Bikini Bar requires clothing. If you are looking for a clothing-optional place have the taxi driver take you to Perch Lite, also on Orient Beach. It's affiliated with Club Orient. Clothing not required.

So I guess we're both good on the topless factor lol

We will be renting a car so I should be able to visit both places if time is on our side, or find another place for easy snorkeling. I heard most of the French side is okay with topless ladies, just wanted to make sure with Bikini Beach, since I hear it's just about the only place to really return along Orient.

How's Perch Lite compared to Bikini? Are these the only two bars and lounging areas set up along Orient?

we were there today. Pretty empty, even with three ships in. Two chairs and an umbrella was $20. Everything is new. Loungers are very comfortable. I posted photos on my blog, along with their menu, here:

https://www.debsdays.com/2018/08/caribbean-princess-in-st-maarten-august.html

thanks for detailed report incl pics.

most helpful,

will consider in dec

we were there today. Pretty empty, even with three ships in. Two chairs and an umbrella was $20. Everything is new. Loungers are very comfortable. I posted photos on my blog, along with their menu, here:

https://www.debsdays.com/2018/08/caribbean-princess-in-st-maarten-august.html

ST. MARTEEN

ORIENT BEACH

thanks for detailed report incl pics.

most helpful,

will consider in dec