Air France Rich Airways?

Niagarawine

hi I saw a good price on a flight with Air France, am concerned because of strikes and cannot find anything out about Rich Airways, anyone fly with them? It's for an April cruise in 2019:)

Uhhmmm..a quick google search leads me to ask the question what specific flights are you looking at and where did you find them?

Hi I am looking at yyz to fco on April 10 choice air, doing google search on Rich Airways and no reviews and then all kinds of stuff about AF having ongoing strikes, I think is under 425 US for flight, my next alternative is AC ,a hundred bucks more for a direct flights. I was thinking of splitting up flights and I can get premium Econ on A C for 753 on a return flight , just don't know what to do.

Hi I am looking at yyz to fco on April 10 choice air, doing google search on Rich Airways and no reviews and then all kinds of stuff about AF having ongoing strikes, I think is under 425 US for flight, my next alternative is AC ,a hundred bucks more for a direct flights. I was thinking of splitting up flights and I can get premium Econ on A C for 753 on a return flight , just don't know what to do.

I would take the direct (assume you mean "non-stop"...there is a difference) for 100 bucks more.

I would take the direct (assume you mean "non-stop"...there is a difference) for 100 bucks more.

We just flew on Air France in June and had no problems. We booked thru Choice Air and their website had Rich Airways but it was actually Joon Airlines.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would also go with the non-stop especially if the price is very close on a reputable international airline such as Air Canada or Air France.

Rich Airways use to be a charter airline out of Miami. I don't think they exist anymore. Joon is a charter airlines that is owned by Air France. I would stay away from anything sold as Rich or Joon.

Rich International was an airline that ceased doing business in 1996.

Just what is this "Rich Airways" you are talking about? There is no such company with Air France, nor anyone else that I'm aware of.

Hmmm. I was also checking for flights to BCN recently and did see Air France showing flights on Rich/Joon.

Just what is this "Rich Airways" you are talking about? There is no such company with Air France, nor anyone else that I'm aware of.

Looks like a travel site has yo update their software and is translating a JN flight to the incorrect airlines.

Rich International Airways - IATA Code is JN.

Joon Airlines - IATA Code is JN.

After an airline has been out of business for a few years they reuse their old IATA code for a new airline that may come along.

I saw a good price on a flight with Air France, am concerned because of strikes and cannot find anything out about Rich Airways, anyone fly with them?
We just flew on Air France in June and had no problems. We booked thru Choice Air and their website had Rich Airways but it was actually Joon Airlines.
Looks like a travel site has yo update their software and is translating a JN flight to the incorrect airlines.
I think the most curious thing is that anyone is comfortable dealing with travel agent websites that are so out-of-date and poorly maintained.

Joon is a charter airlines that is owned by Air France.
To be precise, I don't think that Joon is a charter airline. It's just an AF subsidiary. On a quick look at its website, I couldn't even find any flights with JN codes - they're all sold as AF flights.

To be precise, I don't think that Joon is a charter airline. It's just an AF subsidiary. On a quick look at its website, I couldn't even find any flights with JN codes - they're all sold as AF flights.

Correct, Joon is not a charter airline at all, but an LCC subsidiary of AF. I've yet to fly them, but have a friend who did recently (shorthaul), and said they were perfectly fine.

Correct, Joon is not a charter airline at all, but an LCC subsidiary of AF. I've yet to fly them, but have a friend who did recently (shorthaul), and said they were perfectly fine.

THanks for all the replies. I decided to,fly direct economy:confused: on AC, would rather fly premium economy but with the dollar so low, will have to bite the bullet and be quished

THanks for all the replies. I decided to,fly direct economy:confused: on AC, would rather fly premium economy but with the dollar so low, will have to bite the bullet and be quished

A bit off topic but I am curious as to why you think the dollar (I am assuming the US$) is so low. In reality the US$ is stronger right now than its 10 year average against the Euro - .86 now versus .79 10 year average

• 7 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 8:24 PM, Niagarawine said:

hi I saw a good price on a flight with Air France, am concerned because of strikes and cannot find anything out about Rich Airways, anyone fly with them? It's for an April cruise in 2019:)

Oddly enough, I know this is a late comment on an old post but we too see "Rich Airways" on our connecting flights btwn CDG/BCN and I was thinking "Is Rich International Airways back" because I hope not....last time I flew on a Rich International flight was between Keflavik and Norfolk on a gov flight - flight attendant was holding the cabin door closed using a coat hanger on the DC-8!

59 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

And, for what it is worth, the AF CEO has announced that Joon will cease to exist by this summer.

So much for another failed "airline within an airline" concept.

As long as Swoop stays around, I'm happy. Something about a logo inspired by Donald Trump's hair + the boldness of having a hub in Hamilton appeals to me.

image.png.f7cf3618c606fc50b15e5ce6c12408c2.png

5 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

As long as Swoop stays around, I'm happy. Something about a logo inspired by Donald Trump's hair + the boldness of having a hub in Hamilton appeals to me.

image.png.f7cf3618c606fc50b15e5ce6c12408c2.png

If you've flown through Pearson, you can understand the appeal of Hamilton.

• Like 1