Norwegian Airline checkin

debnjoe1438

Hello, been looking at YouTube videos for Norwegian airlines, some good, some not so good. One person had issues with checking in, stating no online check in.

For International flights originating in the US, can you check in online 24 hours in advance?

If you get a boarding pass on an app 2 hrs before the flight, what do you do for luggage?

Anyone have issues checking in with Norwegian?

My trip is not for another year, can't even book yet, and I'm stressing already :)

Hello, been looking at YouTube videos for Norwegian airlines, some good, some not so good. One person had issues with checking in, stating no online check in.

I've never flown Norwegian, but know that often you cannot check in online for international flights, because an agent has to physically see your passport.

We flew Norwegian last year without a problem. When you are emailed your travel docs at the top left corner it will tell you to check in before going to security. Our flight from SFO to Gatwick didn't have any issues. I hope this helps.

H20Mac3, did you fly Norwegian from Oakland to Gatwick? I am considering that for a cruise next June. They have good pricing and decent reviews. You said you had no problems, but overall would you recommend it? And how was flying through OAK vs. SFO?

H20Mac3, did you fly Norwegian from Oakland to Gatwick? I am considering that for a cruise next June. They have good pricing and decent reviews. You said you had no problems, but overall would you recommend it? And how was flying through OAK vs. SFO?

Hi rocklinmom,

Yes we flew Norwegian round trip from OAK to Gatwick. No issues checking in, they do want to see your passport. My DH & I were in the premium economy and my BIL was in an exit row. my BIL is over 6 feet and he was comfortable in the exit row. My DH is 6'8" and really needs the extra leg room so we upgraded to the Premium. Food is airline food edible but not memorable. Bring snacks. I would recommend it and would fly it again as we have family in Norway. It's a budget long haul carrier so the seats are a little thinner than I like but I travel with a seat cushion anyway for my back and neck. Each of us had 3 bottles of wine in our suitcases and they all arrived in Trondheim, Norway intact! :D

They might make changes to the flight depending on how far in advance you book. If they do make changes they will send you and email and give you the option to accept or rebook. Don't panic - for us the change was a whole five minute difference to departure. Sign up for their loyalty program and you'll receive notifications of sales and specials.

Flying out of Oakland is easier for us as we live in the East Bay. We can take BART directly to each airport but when hauling a lot of luggage we either press a child into service or use a car service. OAK is much easier to drive to and through than SFO plus at least for us we don't have to deal with the Bay Bridge. There are several offsite parking facilities around OAK and a Hilton Hotel & a Holiday Inn Express across from the airport entrance if you need it. However, you can not walk from the hotels to the airport.

I hope this helps with your planning!

Edited by H20mac3

We have flown Norwegian a couple of times in the past, and were very satisfied.

Having said THAT, There is no way I would book them on a flight to meet up with a cruise. The reason is simple. As a "discount carrier" they have NO interline agreements with other airlines. So if YOUR flight gets canceled for ANY reason (weather, mechanical, strike in Europe... ANYTHING,) the only recourse you have is to be booked on the :"next available" Norwegian flight. (You and every one of the other passengers on your flight.) As Norwegian typically has one or possibly two flights a day on any given transatlantic route, it may take them DAYS to get you to your destination.

Is this probable? No. But to my personal knowledge, this exact thing has happened three times last year on their service from Newburgh New York to Edinburgh. One one of those occasions, it took five dayus for the last passengers to find a seat on one of their flights.

We have flown Norwegian a couple of times in the past, and were very satisfied.

Having said THAT, There is no way I would book them on a flight to meet up with a cruise. The reason is simple. As a "discount carrier" they have NO interline agreements with other airlines. So if YOUR flight gets canceled for ANY reason (weather, mechanical, strike in Europe... ANYTHING,) the only recourse you have is to be booked on the :"next available" Norwegian flight. (You and every one of the other passengers on your flight.) As Norwegian typically has one or possibly two flights a day on any given transatlantic route, it may take them DAYS to get you to your destination.

Is this probable? No. But to my personal knowledge, this exact thing has happened three times last year on their service from Newburgh New York to Edinburgh. One one of those occasions, it took five dayus for the last passengers to find a seat on one of their flights.

I've thought about that, thanks. I figure travel insurance and hope another airline has a seat. :)

I've thought about that, thanks. I figure travel insurance and hope another airline has a seat. :)

"Travel insurance". Yep, let's trot out that ol' standby phrase. Before you place great stock in that, do you know your exclusions and your coverages?

And for the oher airline having a seat...does that travel insurance you have cover the cost of "another airline"? Plus, what is the real world likelihood of there being another seat you can get? And you pays?

"Travel insurance". Yep, let's trot out that ol' standby phrase. Before you place great stock in that, do you know your exclusions and your coverages?

And for the oher airline having a seat...does that travel insurance you have cover the cost of "another airline"? Plus, what is the real world likelihood of there being another seat you can get? And you pays?

... for the same reason I’m always flying networked airlines. Low cost airlines also tend to have restrictions on weight of luggage.

Sent from my iPad using Forums