Looking for John Watling’s Distillery coupons in Nassau.

shoptom

Does anyone know of any discount coupons for John Watling’s Distillery in Nassau please? Either at the port tourist brochure area or the Royal Caribbean VIP shopping card, etc.

I'm also looking for confirmation that they only have the full size bottles when I am after some kind of gift sets please.

TIA

The tour is free, you pay for drinks in the cafe and it is cheap. I doubt they have discounts. Yes you can buy bottles of any rum plus they have a wide selection of branded merch.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

Oops - was thinking of something else!

Edited by ctrinco
Bad info - accident

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the OP and just completed my cruise. I never found coupons, but if you buy two or more bottles of rum, they give you a 10% discount.

They only had full size bottles, including a single barrel not on their site, and other bar ware souvenirs like glasses.

The eight minute tour is free including a sample of pina colada which was 2/$19 full size afterwards.

We leisurely walked from our room at the farthest dock to the queen's staircase and then across to the distillery looking at other landmarks along the way. It was about 6 miles (13000 steps) along sidewalks and seemed flat to us.

My favorite part was the three different bus groups that came in and left all while we sat there relaxing with our cool drinks. I'll answer any other questions I can for you.

• Like 1

The rum varieties were roughly $25/$45/$65/$105, vodka $25. I think it is much better than mass produced Bacardi or Captain Morgan, etc. The Piña colada definitely hit the spot on a hot day! The direct walk should be 1 mile or twenty minutes each way. You can adjust it slightly to pass churches or other old buildings including Graycliff chocolate/cigars. The tour is short, basic information and overlook the production room so kids are fine. Some people took a taxi over and walked back.

The rum is quite good. I agree, better than the typical mass market brands. We were there 2 weeks ago.

The prices were a bit lower. I paid $34 for a bottle of their amber with VAT. I think the total for a bottle of amber and Buena Vista (aged 5 years, and 2nd highest price) was $88 with VAT.

They have a rum tasting in the bar, either 3 or 4 (the 4th being the single barrel). The pours are generous, so it is easy to share with two people.

The cocktails are great. We ended up having 4 (split between us), as we had 2, then figured out that the menu had a back side. :D

• 2 months later...

Would you happen to know if children can do the tour? Obviously, no drinking but my 12yo will be with us and I didn't know if this would be something I'd have to do alone (hubs doesn't drink) or if she could enjoy the quick tour as well.

Thanks for the details above! I'm looking forward to buying a couple bottles to bring home. 

• 2 weeks later...