Best spot to meet up with someone from another ship?

dmfriedman

Later this month, we will be in Cozumel on the Norwegian Getaway, and have plans to meet someone from the Carnival Breeze. They generally dock at different piers.

Is there an "ideal" non-bar place that is generally easy to find each other that would still be family friendly for my 2-year-old?

We will likely have limited cell service if any once onshore.

Later this month, we will be in Cozumel on the Norwegian Getaway, and have plans to meet someone from the Carnival Breeze. They generally dock at different piers.

Is there an "ideal" non-bar place that is generally easy to find each other that would still be family friendly for my 2-year-old?

We will likely have limited cell service if any once onshore.

What do you plan to do once you meet up - what area?

Do you want to remain in town for your 2 year old or are you up to taking transport with/without car seat?

Fair question, and I'm not sure we know right now. We're not sure how much time we'll have yet -- we'll know more in the next week. More than likely, we'll just find a spot in town to sit and have a snack or something, or we'll head to a beach to sit and catch up.

The biggest issue right now is simply figuring out where to actually meet to connect - going from there isn't as much of a problem. We just know that we more than likely come in on different piers, probably both won't have cell service in port, and need to have a pre-defined meeting point within a reasonable distance of the two piers or downtown to meet sometime around noon.

If you plan on going to a beach, you should take a cab down to meet them at the Puerta Maya pier.. All of the beach clubs are further South of there. There is a large water fountain just outside of their pier's taxi area. This would be easy for both you and them to find...

Fair question, and I'm not sure we know right now. We're not sure how much time we'll have yet -- we'll know more in the next week. More than likely, we'll just find a spot in town to sit and have a snack or something, or we'll head to a beach to sit and catch up.

The biggest issue right now is simply figuring out where to actually meet to connect - going from there isn't as much of a problem. We just know that we more than likely come in on different piers, probably both won't have cell service in port, and need to have a pre-defined meeting point within a reasonable distance of the two piers or downtown to meet sometime around noon.

Since you will most likely be at Punta Langosta and they will most likely be at Puerta Maya, one of you will have to get a taxi. If your ultimate aim is to have a beach day it would seem most economical to arrange to meet at your chosen beach destination.

If you don’t want to travel, because of the little one then you would be looking for somewhere in town. Not really many toddler friendly venues in town for any length of time. If you are looking for meeting up for lunch with a pool within walking distance you might consider No name Bar but i would check with Hotel Barracuda if swim diapers are ok in case this is an issue.

Easier to meet at either Paradise Beach or Playa Mia Beach club - both are family friendly. Paradise offers a HUGE pool and is strictly pay as you go; Playa Mia offers a kiddie friendly water park perfect for your toddler and offers a variety of package deals.

You will be at Punta Langosta pier closest to downtown. If you want to stay downtown then wait for them outside Starbucks on the lower level of the shopping mall across the street (pedestrian bridge goes over street then down escalator.)

They should take a taxi to you. The taxi driver should know where Punta Langosta mall is. Hooters is also there.

I appreciate the feedback, all.

We have day passes for Playa Mia already. Since we'll head over there shortly after we arrive at 8am, I think I might just buy him a pass as well, and have him take a cab to join us there when he is available.