Alaska Air Travel from ATLANTA

plagmah

We just booked an Alaska cruise for June 7 2019 on Millennium. We live in Atlanta. I want to book air travel, and was hoping for direct flights. (expecting actually)

I can't see any direct flights for next June, only connecting. When i search this summer, there are direct flights listed for both ways. Vancouver and Anchorage. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Will Delta add its direct flights as next summer approaches? Or is it possible they are not doing any direct flights?

I will admit, living in the Hub of the worlds largest airline...I am spoiled and DONT do connections. clear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

Thanks!!

We just booked an Alaska cruise for June 7 2019 on Millennium. We live in Atlanta. I want to book air travel, and was hoping for direct flights. (expecting actually)

I can't see any direct flights for next June, only connecting. When i search this summer, there are direct flights listed for both ways. Vancouver and Anchorage. clear.png?emoji-confused-1977

Will Delta add its direct flights as next summer approaches? Or is it possible they are not doing any direct flights?

I will admit, living in the Hub of the worlds largest airline...I am spoiled and DONT do connections. clear.png?emoji-tongue-1703

Thanks!!

Delta has direct flights to Alaska daily from MSP.

I seem to always connect through Atlanta when I fly to a cruise port.

You will love the MSP airport. :)

It's worth monitoring, sometimes they won't publish schedules that far out. I wouldn't be booking air travel this early anyway; often fares drop from their initial levels as the airlines get a better read on things like fuel prices, competition etc.

One factor, however, is that over the past few years Delta has decided to make Seattle a secondary hub (like Detroit or Minneapolis) as they've gone after Alaska Airlines big time. So I wouldn't be shocked if they've decided to use SEA as a main connection point for Anchorage and Vancouver; that traffic is going to be more predictable year-round, rather than routes like ATL-ANC that will get zero traffic once the cruise/tourism season is past.

Just a note that you might want to look at Alaska Airlines' branded Visa card, which gets you 30,000 Alaska miles at signup and also gets you an annual $99 companion certificate ($121 after taxes.) One person pays the going rate, the other pays $121 on any Alaska Airlines itinerary, such as an open-jaw ATL-xSEA-ANC//YVR-xSEA-ATL trip.

One final thing, Delta hasn't been the biggest airline for years following American and US Airways' merger.

It's worth monitoring, sometimes they won't publish schedules that far out. I wouldn't be booking air travel this early anyway; often fares drop from their initial levels as the airlines get a better read on things like fuel prices, competition etc.

One factor, however, is that over the past few years Delta has decided to make Seattle a secondary hub (like Detroit or Minneapolis) as they've gone after Alaska Airlines big time. So I wouldn't be shocked if they've decided to use SEA as a main connection point for Anchorage and Vancouver; that traffic is going to be more predictable year-round, rather than routes like ATL-ANC that will get zero traffic once the cruise/tourism season is past.

Just a note that you might want to look at Alaska Airlines' branded Visa card, which gets you 30,000 Alaska miles at signup and also gets you an annual $99 companion certificate ($121 after taxes.) One person pays the going rate, the other pays $121 on any Alaska Airlines itinerary, such as an open-jaw ATL-xSEA-ANC//YVR-xSEA-ATL trip.

One final thing, Delta hasn't been the biggest airline for years following American and US Airways' merger.

Thanks for the info...

I am looking to book as soon as possible when schedule comes out due to trying to use skymiles. It appears that September is the time it will release, so I will start checking daily.

I have a Delta skymiles card that does me good...but the Alaska air card is an idea.

Delta very recently entered into a joint venture agreement with WestJet (the second largest airline in Canada, and second largest airline in Vancouver). There is an expectation that in the coming months there will be new flights announced as the two airlines sort out who is operating which routes.

All said, Delta from Vancouver has multiple flights into Seattle. Delta also flies into Salt Lake City and Minneapolis as well as the seasonal Atlanta flight.

Am watching the same. It looks like the MSP to FAI direct might be a later season flight...doesnt show yet for June or early 2019 but do see it for Aug 2018

Thanks!! Good luck on your flight search.

Hoping that somebody can remember when this year schedule was released last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums