Melia Day Pass

meliss35

We are planning on taking the #10 Jitney bus to Melia from the cruise port. How long is the bus ride to Melia? How often do the buses stop at the cruise port and Melia going back? Is the day pass still $45 a person? Does this price include towels? Are there lockers at Melia? My ship docks at 8 am and planning on taking the bus at that time. Will we be able to use the resort this early?

They supplied towels the last time I was there 2 yrs ago.

Here is their email address: melia dot nassau dot beach @ melia dot com

They usually respond w/in 24 hrs.

If you take the jitney back to the ship, make sure you do that in plenty of time. One time, the bus driver turned around & went the opposite direction and decided to run some locals back to their condo. It ended up extending the ride back to the ship by 15 minutes.

Also, I am not positive, but I think taking a taxi back to the ship is more expensive than from the ship to the Melia. I think I read that somewhere.

Enjoy.

Day pass hours are 9-5pm/ By the time you get their it should be about that time.

The jitney does not pick you up at the cruise port. You have to walk a few blocks to catch it.

It's located on George Street and Bay. Just walk straight up from the port gate 1 block to Bay Street and make a right. George Street is on the left about 3 blocks down. Board the #10 bus going to Cable Beach.

Jitneys run every few minutes from that location and costs $1.25pp. Pay as you leave.

During regular daytime, the trip takes about 20 minutes (it's only 5 miles), but during rush hour, school bus times etc, the trip can take longer. Rush hour getting back to port can sometimes take 40 minutes or so.. (even if you're in a cab).. so plan plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Can't comment on the price or towels. Towels used to be included, but not sure at this point.

I emailed the resort and they responded quickly. Cost is $51 per person and includes full use of pools, beach, non motorized sports and towels. No need to book ahead, just arrive early. Passes are from 9-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I was there Sept. 2nd. We (three women in our 40s) caught the jitney at George and Bay Streets. We did have to wait a bit for the driver to fill it up before we left. Be sure to bring exact change. A group of 10 women got on and each of them tried paying with large bills. The driver couldn't make change and asked if one of them could pay for all of them and then they just sort it out later and believe it or not they didn't want to do that and got mad at the driver for not having change. Ugh...what a fiasco. But other than that it was a quick 15-20 minute ride to the Melia. We booked ahead of time through bookatourcaribbean.com. It was $9 deposit and then $37 in cash when we got there. The place was beautiful with 4 different pools. Plenty of lounge chairs available around the pool and on the beach. Drinks were expensive ($14 pina colada). We did not eat there so cant comment on the food. We used our Starbucks coupon to get iced tea. When we left, we walked across the road to the daiquiri shack. Loved it! Delicious daiquiris made with fresh fruit. After that we walked to the jitney stop around the corner (very short walk). A jitney pulled up and asked us where we were going and we said back to the port. He said ok so we got in. This jitney could barely run and struggled to shift gears. He did not take us right back to port. Actually I don't know where he took us but it took about 40 minutes to get back to port. I saw parts of Nassau that I've never seen before and I've been to Nassau over a dozen times! It all turned out ok but I was nervous in the jitney because it was in such bad condition and also because he took us around the island before getting back to port.

I emailed the resort and they responded quickly. Cost is $51 per person and includes full use of pools, beach, non motorized sports and towels. No need to book ahead, just arrive early. Passes are from 9-5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last Friday we paid $47 per person and a drink voucher for the Starbuck is also included. We took the most expensive coffee latte and it wasn't a problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I just called Melia today, and they are no longer doing the day pass discussed. They do have an all-inclusive day pass, at $139/pp adult, $60 child.

No.

They are still offering the non AI option.

When you posted this I freaked out because I’m going in a few weeks.

Kenisha Brown at the quality department was the person who sent me the email with the flyer.

It’s still $47 or so.

No.

They are still offering the non AI option.

When you posted this I freaked out because I’m going in a few weeks.

Kenisha Brown at the quality department was the person who sent me the email with the flyer.

It’s still $47 or so.

Where did you email? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed and received a pdf brochure.  I attached it (I think).

The standard rate (not All-Inclusive) is $51/person for adults, $26/person for kids (5-12).

All inclusive is also available, but that runs $139/person.  Pretty steep unless you plan to consume a ton of food and drink.

Melia Day Pass 2018.pdf

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...