Miami Hop On/Off to FLL Airport

ddlb

If you have done the NCL Miami Hop On/Off excursion from the Miami Port ending at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport on debarkation day I would appreciate your response. There is only a one star rating for it on the NCL website. My understanding is they store your luggage on the bus. Do they make any stops or it it just a continuous tour until you arrive at Market Street where you board a complimentary shuttle to the airport. We have a 3:35 flight and I want to make sure we get to the airport in time. Any advice appreciated. Will the shuttle be waiting and on time or crowded etc? Thanks!

We did this type of excursion after Alaskan cruise in Seattle, the luggage was kept on board the bus, it made a couple of stops including the space needle and fish grotto/market, and ended at SEA-TAC. The luggage was never left alone. I would do this again.

We did this type of excursion after Alaskan cruise in Seattle, the luggage was kept on board the bus, it made a couple of stops including the space needle and fish grotto/market, and ended at SEA-TAC. The luggage was never left alone. I would do this again.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Done them a cpl of times when we had OBC to get rid of - works phot stops etc - your luggage is safe - Problem can be and is the only thing to watch for (and I suspect this is why the 1star happens) is you can end up dumped at the airport for way to long - check your timings - its short and not really suitable if you have an evening flight.

Done them a cpl of times when we had OBC to get rid of - works phot stops etc - your luggage is safe - Problem can be and is the only thing to watch for (and I suspect this is why the 1star happens) is you can end up dumped at the airport for way to long - check your timings - its short and not really suitable if you have an evening flight.
Thanks - it says the tour starts at 8:30 and is 4 hours and you shuttle to FLL at 1 p.m. so I'm sure we will be fine. But glad to know they do some stops - normally hop on/off means you can get another shuttle which of course we couldn't do!

Usually the excursion description gives flight guidance "this trip for flights that leave after 3pm" or something like that. Follow that guidance and you'll be fine.

I'm doing a trip like this from Tampa, excursion guidance says 3pm. My flight is 2:50pm so close enough. I've flown a lot for business the last couple of years so my airline status gets me priority check in for my luggage and with TSA so the 10 minutes is no big deal. Besides, I think we'll be at the airport before 1pm.

I have the ShorEx perk and love the fact that I can use it for this trip.

I've also used the NCL bus that goes from Port of Miami directly to the FLL airport. Super easy as the bus is literally waiting steps from the terminal. It was $25 a few years ago, can be worth it for 1-2 people. Other options are more cost effective for more than 2 people, but if you have credits or just was the easiest I suggest this option.

We just did this tour this past Sunday. NCL-Getaway, Port of Miami, 9/23.

The luggage is loaded on a separate truck. A shuttle leaves for FLL airport at 1, 3, and 5 PM on the dot.

The bus at the port takes you to stop #1. You can take 2 different bus routes depending on your time and what you want to see. Both routes take you back to stop #1, where you will meet up with your luggage and shuttle to the airport.

The beginning of the tour was disorganize. We had to wait for a second bus at the port, the first bus was full.

When we got to the stop #1, we found out several of the buses had air conditioning issues. We waited for a bus that had a functioning AC.

I probably will not do this tour or this tour company again.

We did the hop on hop off and really enjoyed it. The top of the bus isn’t covered so bring sunscreen and hat. The tours leave in and out of a nice shopping center/mall with shops and restaurants. You can get off to see sights, but we didn’t. It was more fun than we expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just did this tour this past Sunday. NCL-Getaway, Port of Miami, 9/23.

The luggage is loaded on a separate truck. A shuttle leaves for FLL airport at 1, 3, and 5 PM on the dot.

The bus at the port takes you to stop #1. You can take 2 different bus routes depending on your time and what you want to see. Both routes take you back to stop #1, where you will meet up with your luggage and shuttle to the airport.

The beginning of the tour was disorganize. We had to wait for a second bus at the port, the first bus was full.

When we got to the stop #1, we found out several of the buses had air conditioning issues. We waited for a bus that had a functioning AC.

I probably will not do this tour or this tour company again.

I am still a bit confused. Now I understand that your luggage is not stored on the but but I thought it was. So are you saying you can hop on/off at different stops and catch the next bus? If so how do you know you will get back to stop #1 in time as we have to catch that 1:00 shuttle. Plus I guess I thought it was an NCL only for cruisers!

I am still a bit confused. Now I understand that your luggage is not stored on the but but I thought it was. So are you saying you can hop on/off at different stops and catch the next bus? If so how do you know you will get back to stop #1 in time as we have to catch that 1:00 shuttle. Plus I guess I thought it was an NCL only for cruisers!

Yes, you can hop on/off at any stop. The next bus will be available every 30-40 min.

You will have to ask the tour guides about how to best plan your stops per your activity, so you get back to stop #1 on time.

This is not exclusive to NCL

From what I remember, they kept our luggage on trucks based on what bus we planned to use to the airport. Then they gave us our luggage to put on the bus as we loaded to get on the airport bus. The on off busses are different than the airport buses and run on a set schedule. Everything goes in and out of the shopping center. It was quite easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums