Did we get drunker than we had to?

Shellbelle28

When we last went, 2 years ago I do believe that soda was NOT included. I remember someone suggesting asking for a rum and coke and to ask for them to hold the rum. I totally confused the bar tender but I ended up getting a fountain coke, exactly what i wanted.

Its good to know I can just ask for a fountain coke now.

The important thing to remember is as soon as you get on the ship to have 2 drinks immediately ! Unless you are going for a vibe pass of course. Also, get up early on sea days and have something like a dark and stormy at 9am.

I would see professionals at the buffet getting bloody mary's and noticed they were serving Bahama Mama's from a cooler/dispenser. However, since I ate healthy on the cruise I would not mix alchhol with cereal. It's unprofessional.

Also, when getting a late night snack such as the nachos with cheese ( as good as anything in Cagneys)- one should always have a fine beer like Maduro to go with it.

The important thing to remember is as soon as you get on the ship to have 2 drinks immediately ! Unless you are going for a vibe pass of course. Also, get up early on sea days and have something like a dark and stormy at 9am.

I would see professionals at the buffet getting bloody mary's and noticed they were serving Bahama Mama's from a cooler/dispenser. However, since I ate healthy on the cruise I would not mix alchhol with cereal. It's unprofessional.

Also, when getting a late night snack such as the nachos with cheese ( as good as anything in Cagneys)- one should always have a fine beer like Maduro to go with it.

So I guess you’ve never had beerio’s? Breakfast of champions!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also, get up early on sea days and have something like a dark and stormy at 9am.

Fruit (juice) is totally professional at breakfast. Mimosa, Bellini...

Another Amazon purchase?

There are many choices available for smart phones - got my recent one from apple App Store or $1or $2. So worth keepin a daily / weekly total purely for statistical analysis.

I also try to incorporate some glasses of water in but don’t count those.

:D

The one thing I didn't resort to was pouring the mojito's in my water bottle - is this frowned upon? It would have helped me come to think of it!!

I don’t think so, but you can do this in your cabin.

Just keep in mind it’s not easy to wash waterbottles from alcohol. :)

Does your comment answer the question I asked? Was it helpful in any way? Does it at all contribute to the partially humorous aspect of the original post? "No" to all counts.

Actually it is a 'yes' to the first 2. It answered the question and offered examples of hpw to find out.

In honor or you Howard I will order two drinks as soon as I board Bliss on Sunday.

Fruit (juice) is totally professional at breakfast. Mimosa, Bellini...

We order room service juice and pastries/toast everyday. You have now had me looked up the nearest bar to run to and get champagne right before they bring our order.

Thanks for the enabling!

Does your comment answer the question I asked? Was it helpful in any way? Does it at all contribute to the partially humorous aspect of the original post? "No" to all counts.

Have a think about your comments and how they contribute to making Cruise Critic an unfriendly community.

Shellbelle28 - he reminds me of this song (showing my age)

A-well-a ev'rybody's heard about the bird

B-b-b-bird, b-birdd's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, well-a bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird is a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well-a don't you know about the bird?

Well, everybody knows that the bird is a word

A-well-a-bird, bird, b-bird's a word, a-well-a

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird

Bird, bird, bird, b-bird's a word

A-well, a bird, bird, b-bird's a word

Well, everybody's talking about the bird!

A-well-a bird, bird, b-bird's the word

A-well-a bird, surfing bird, brrrrrrrrpagh!

Aaah, bap-a-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pap

Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-mow, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-mow, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mow

Ma-ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mow

Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow

Well, everybody knows that the bird is a word

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages.

My latest booking with the UBP (which, by the way, one bartender referred to as U Better Puke) says soda and alcoholic beverages under $15. Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?

So how drunk did you get? There must be a juicy story behind this title, "Did we get drunker than we had to?" ;)

So how drunk did you get? There must be a juicy story behind this title, "Did we get drunker than we had to?" ;)
Tuesday evening. DH accepts the UBP challenge 4:00pm-ish starting at Magnums. Drinks Margarita but decides he's going to branch out so tries a Gin & Chambord concoction later dubbed "Robitussin." Moved to Sugarcane Mojito bar since we were dining at Cagneys. Sampled entire Mojito menu. Decided Guava Raspberry was a favorite. After a few, DH decides Margaritas sound good again. He has made friends with bartender who proceeds to serve double/top shelf drinks. Going into Cagney’s DH tells bar runner to keep his "special" coming through dinner. Around dessert I ask DH "don't you think you've had enough?" He's at the point which this makes him determined to prove he has NOT had enough and insists we return (requiring my navigational assistance which was a source of ribbing by the restaurant staff for remainder of cruise) to Sugarcane for "one more" before going to Spinnaker for '70s disco. Bartenders' "one more" is a Fireball Rumchata shooter. Proceed to Spinnaker where DH says "oooh, I see a bartender!" Beverage unknown, but subpar quality and abandoned for sloppy reliving of high school dances to an ungodly awful band. Convince him to return to stateroom where I come in from balcony to find him on his face on the floor with his Alka Seltzer nightcap glass. Becomes overconfident of sobriety and wants to go back out. Grumpy wife says "not me" so he staggers out on his own returning 30 minutes later after being unable to find the few remaining bars that are open. Goes to bed and wakes wife (still grumpy!) to report vomiting, snakes crawling on walls, earthquakes, vomiting, inability to get up from bed and "that dinner must have been bad, I don't feel well."

Prospect of scheduled helicopter flight excursion for that morning looking grim but if nothing else, DH is thrifty and he's not throwing away nearly $500pp on a hangover. Helicopter flight over Alaska mountains to walk on a Glacier turns out to be one of the most fantastic experiences of a lifetime. DH seriously relieved he survived and actually enjoyed it. Returns to Sugarcane Mojito bar vowing that "it was the tequila" and starts all over.

Tuesday evening. DH accepts the UBP challenge 4:00pm-ish starting at Magnums. Drinks Margarita but decides he's going to branch out so tries a Gin & Chambord concoction later dubbed "Robitussin." Moved to Sugarcane Mojito bar since we were dining at Cagneys. Sampled entire Mojito menu. Decided Guava Raspberry was a favorite. After a few, DH decides Margaritas sound good again. He has made friends with bartender who proceeds to serve double/top shelf drinks. Going into Cagney’s DH tells bar runner to keep his "special" coming through dinner. Around dessert I ask DH "don't you think you've had enough?" He's at the point which this makes him determined to prove he has NOT had enough and insists we return (requiring my navigational assistance which was a source of ribbing by the restaurant staff for remainder of cruise) to Sugarcane for "one more" before going to Spinnaker for '70s disco. Bartenders' "one more" is a Fireball Rumchata shooter. Proceed to Spinnaker where DH says "oooh, I see a bartender!" Beverage unknown, but subpar quality and abandoned for sloppy reliving of high school dances to an ungodly awful band. Convince him to return to stateroom where I come in from balcony to find him on his face on the floor with his Alka Seltzer nightcap glass. Becomes overconfident of sobriety and wants to go back out. Grumpy wife says "not me" so he staggers out on his own returning 30 minutes later after being unable to find the few remaining bars that are open. Goes to bed and wakes wife (still grumpy!) to report vomiting, snakes crawling on walls, earthquakes, vomiting, inability to get up from bed and "that dinner must have been bad, I don't feel well."

Prospect of scheduled helicopter flight excursion for that morning looking grim but if nothing else, DH is thrifty and he's not throwing away nearly $500pp on a hangover. Helicopter flight over Alaska mountains to walk on a Glacier turns out to be one of the most fantastic experiences of a lifetime. DH seriously relieved he survived and actually enjoyed it. Returns to Sugarcane Mojito bar vowing that "it was the tequila" and starts all over.

OMG.... :'):');pI

I swear that I will not replicate this.

I thoroughly enjoyed your story at your husband's hangover! LOL. That helicopter ride must have been excruciating!

My husband and I have only had one drunken experience on Celebrity with Hurricanes at the pool. They kept serving and we kept drinking. I have no idea how we made it to our stateroom but we woke up the next morning still in our clothes passed out together on the bed. Missed dinner and the whole evening!

Now, we are booked for a sailing experiencing our first "Ultimate Beverage Package". I am truly scared!! I hope we remember the cruise! LOL