NCL Sky - 3 day with open bar... Questions!

AXiDMonica

Hi everyone! I'm a frequent cruiser but this will be my first time on NCL!

I have been looking for posts re: the open bar on the 3 day sailings from Miami on the Sky but I'm not finding anything recent.

Can any of you provide a little info as to how this works...

- Is there a limit to the drinks you can have per day?

- What type (brands) of liquor are included?

- What type (brands) of wine are included?

- Are sodas and bottled water included?

- What about coffees?

Any info is appreciated! Thanks so much! :D

No limit on the number of drinks but the bartenders will cut off those who are totally wasted.

The DSC is higher than on other NCL cruises. $19.99 for most, $22.99 for suites.

Bottled water is not included. Soda from the gun is included.

Regular coffee is included but "specialty" coffee is not. If you are creative, order a regular coffee and a shot then combine them yourself.;)

No limit on the number of drinks but the bartenders will cut off those who are totally wasted.

The DSC is higher than on other NCL cruises. $19.99 for most, $22.99 for suites.

Bottled water is not included. Soda from the gun is included.

Regular coffee is included but "specialty" coffee is not. If you are creative, order a regular coffee and a shot then combine them yourself.;)

Beautiful! :) Thanks for your reply!

Here is the link to my review of my cruise to Cuba on the Sky June 4-8: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644446

Here are the dailies: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644413

Is there a limit to the drinks you can have per day? There weren't for us. However, they reserve the right not to serve you if you seem intoxicated.

- What type (brands) of liquor are included? This was answered above.

- What type (brands) of wine are included? I avoided the wine (I am an admitted wine snob). However, the champagne in the Plantation Lounge was awesome.

- Are sodas and bottled water included? Soda yes, bottled water no. I took a yeti and filled it myself.

- What about coffees? There is regular and decaf included. It was fine. I didn't even look at specialty coffees.

Here is the link to my review of my cruise to Cuba on the Sky June 4-8: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644446

Here are the dailies: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2644413

Is there a limit to the drinks you can have per day? There weren't for us. However, they reserve the right not to serve you if you seem intoxicated.

- What type (brands) of liquor are included? This was answered above.

- What type (brands) of wine are included? I avoided the wine (I am an admitted wine snob). However, the champagne in the Plantation Lounge was awesome.

- Are sodas and bottled water included? Soda yes, bottled water no. I took a yeti and filled it myself.

- What about coffees? There is regular and decaf included. It was fine. I didn't even look at specialty coffees.

Thanks Jenny!

I forget that when I say "coffee" I mean espresso. I'm a Miamian so Cuban coffee is vital! LOL

Has this changed? I cruised a year ago and coffee with alcohol was definitely included (Spanish, Irish and Snow Cap were my drinks) with the UBP.

"Specialty" coffees were defined as espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, etc which are not included.

Has this changed? I cruised a year ago and coffee with alcohol was definitely included (Spanish, Irish and Snow Cap were my drinks) with the UBP.

"Specialty" coffees were defined as espresso, cappuccinos, lattes, etc which are not included.

From what I've read, coffee with alcohol isn't technically allowed but most bartenders will (wink wink) have no problem with it.

From what I've read, coffee with alcohol isn't technically allowed but most bartenders will (wink wink) have no problem with it.
Thanks..... I guess I was lucky as no one blinked an eye (unless I confused the wink... lol)

The coffee / alcohol drinks are on the bar menus and are not excluded in the T&Cs.

My two cents...I loved the Sky and free drinks program.

I'm an old bartender and I do like some top shelf selections, but it was very easy to find product I was happy to consume.

my tip would be aware of what drinks will be served "out of the jug", premade, and order anything else. Sky was first ship where I noticed premade drinks, but it makes sense based on volume of cruises who drank onboard. I loves not having to sign a sail and sign card after each order. DEEEEE-lightful.