Bahama Cruise out of New Jersey.

Sparky1957

Greetings !

We have been on a Caribbean cruise in the past and really enjoyed it. 4 ports. We are now planning a cruise out of New Jersey for the Bahamas. The only port, that has me worried some...is the Orlando (Port Canaveral). This looks like a port, that we cannot 'walk off' and do the walking to the shops, etc. Not interested in seeing Mickey and Gang...as we have seen them in the past. I see what Royal Caribbean has to offer....Would anyone like to add suggestions, or maybe share their experiences of what they did at this port ? Thanks Sparky

Kennedy Space Center, beach, airboat tour... The one thing I wouldn’t do is walk off the ship in Nassau without a plan. There are things to do, beautiful beaches, walking tours, places to visit, but the immediate area by the port is pretty much a dump with lots of locals harassing you.

Greetings !

We have been on a Caribbean cruise in the past and really enjoyed it. 4 ports. We are now planning a cruise out of New Jersey for the Bahamas. The only port, that has me worried some...is the Orlando (Port Canaveral). This looks like a port, that we cannot 'walk off' and do the walking to the shops, etc. Not interested in seeing Mickey and Gang...as we have seen them in the past. I see what Royal Caribbean has to offer....Would anyone like to add suggestions, or maybe share their experiences of what they did at this port ? Thanks Sparky

We usually stay on the boat for the first few hours after it docks. Then we'll take a cab over to one of the restaurants on the water and enjoy some food and drinks. There are a few to choose from - Rusty's, Fishlips and Grills

• 8 months later...
Greetings !

Can anyone recommend a good hotel..near the Cape Liberty cruise terminal ? We have been staying in Troy Parsippany area...in the past...

Edited by Sparky1957
wanting to add more to the question