Sandals Day Passes Suspended

Sampiggy

I have not posted here in a long time, but I hope I can save people some disappointment. I did post this in a reply on another thread, but I want to make sure people see this. Last week my husband and I cruised on the Sky. In Nassau we caught a cab to Sandals. We have done this many times and really enjoy the resort. We were told that for the time being Sandals was not issuing day passes. We did not know what to do. The guard suggested Breezes. We went there and it seemed like a nice resort. After about an hour high school kids started emerging from their rooms. It was Grad Week. It was okay at first and we moved as far down the beach as we could. By 1:00 it became unbearable. Those kids were so drunk we were afraid for their safety. We decided to leave. As we were leaving we noticed all of the Grad Week staff members hanging out inside the resort. We never saw them come out to check on the kids.

Anyway, I would just like to suggest calling Sandals to make sure they are issuing day passes. It may be that they were not because of Grad Week.

I did get to hear new and original combinations of profanity that I would have never thought of. Those kids were so creative.

Oh no! We were planning to go in November, so I’m glad you posted. I will email them when it gets closer to check. What’s a good alternative? We’ve never been to Nassau.

The Melia (though not all inclusive) and Breezes. The issue seems to have been the whole grad week thing. Sometimes these things happen. I would be Sandals reopens day passes, just shoot them a message real quick and ask.

Oh no! We were planning to go in November, so I’m glad you posted. I will email them when it gets closer to check. What’s a good alternative? We’ve never been to Nassau.

We enjoyed RIU, liked the buffet breakfast and lunch very much.

Anyway, I would just like to suggest calling Sandals to make sure they are issuing day passes. It may be that they were not because of Grad Week.

Sandals is adults-only so there's no way Grad Week would have affected them. But sometimes if the resort is sold out, they won't issue day passes. Definitely call the day before or the day of before heading to Sandals.

I wonder if the passes were sold out for the day as opposed to being suspended in a more permanent way. There are many reviews on another site that states that passes are often sold out within a half hour or so of them being offered. On days when multiple ships are in and Nassau is in high season I’m sure this happens quite often.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not all-inclusive, but you get a food & beverage credit...British Colonial Hilton.

Sandals is adults-only so there's no way Grad Week would have affected them.

Aren't most HS graduates 18? I mean, I wasn't, but I was the third youngest in my grade for most of my schooling.

Or does "adult" start at 21 for Sandals?

In order to clarify, I will say that the security guard told us that for the time being day passes were not being issued. She did not know why or how long this would be. I asked if it was because the resort had sold all of the passes for the day and she said no. I have sent an e-mail to Sandals asking about day passes and I will post the information as soon as I get a response.

Aren't most HS graduates 18? I mean, I wasn't, but I was the third youngest in my grade for most of my schooling.

Or does "adult" start at 21 for Sandals?

I thought it was 21 but maybe it is 18. But Sandals resorts are geared towards couples and all the beds are king-size (no doubles). They are also pretty expensive so I still think it would be very unlikely that Sandals would be affected by Grad Week. I've seen adult family and wedding groups at Sandals but been to 8 different Sandals and have never seen grad groups.

Edited by CruisinCrow

In order to clarify, I will say that the security guard told us that for the time being day passes were not being issued. She did not know why or how long this would be. I asked if it was because the resort had sold all of the passes for the day and she said no. I have sent an e-mail to Sandals asking about day passes and I will post the information as soon as I get a response.

The best thing to do is call the resort directly the day before you go to see if they are issuing passes. I haven't had much luck emailing Sandals.

The phone number for Sandals Royal Bahamian is (242) 327-6400.

Edited by CruisinCrow

I have no idea if Grad Week was a factor. I was simply guessing and I was probably wrong. Since we have never stayed there I have no idea what the age policies are. We have gone to Sandals with a day pass many times and we never had a problem. Most cruisers choose Melia, Breezes or British Colonial Hilton. We have never been told the resort had issued all the day passes. We always went in June or July. I was completely surprised that we were not allowed to go this year. Again, I will endeavor to find out what the situation is and post back here.

I just talked to a representative at Sandals Royal Bahamian. The situation is temporary, but she could not tell me when they would be issuing passes again. As I stated in my original post, please call before you go.

I just talked to a representative at Sandals Royal Bahamian. The situation is temporary, but she could not tell me when they would be issuing passes again. As I stated in my original post, please call before you go.

Thanks for reporting back what you found out! I'm glad to hear it's only temporary.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So Breezes & RIU would be AI options on Nassau? Others?

Appears Breezes is $100pp on their site; RIU I see only on a 3rd party site for $129pp.

Is one better than the other?

How do we get there--cost/time?

Thanks!

So Breezes & RIU would be AI options on Nassau? Others?

Appears Breezes is $100pp on their site; RIU I see only on a 3rd party site for $129pp.

Is one better than the other?

How do we get there--cost/time?

Thanks!

Also Warwick, which I think charges $95.