Sick?????

drumming cruisers

Airborne gummie's. My last trip took 4 flight's total and 7 days on the ship. Not so much as a sneeze this time from either of us after we got back.

Ok never heard of these, but we are in Canada. Just looked them up. We do a vitamin regime on a daily basis. My uncle, who works U.S. side ( we live in a U.S./CDN. border city ) was mentioning some type or prescription or U.S. product many take and swear by before flying, so what is it called???? And does it work?

I used to get very sick every time I flew. Last two trips, I took sanitizing wipes and wiped down virtually every surface I touched on the planes: seatbelt buckles, tray tables, touch screens, headrests...all of it. Some people stared, but I didn't get sick. It's not hard to do. I recommend it.

No it’s not just you. It could be that the amount of people you are around makes you more susceptible to anyone else who had a cold on the ship. If you fly that adds to the risk. If you stay in a hotel prior that also doesn’t help. I agree to sanitize surfaces on the plane and in the cabin. I travel a lot for work and i feel I have more colds than most people I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like just a cold after being in a position to be around many, many people, some of who probably had that cold.

BTW, if it was Legionnaires disease, you probably would not be able to be posting this post, as it is a severe form of pneumonia and if left untreated is fatal.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I used to get very sick every time I flew. Last two trips, I took sanitizing wipes and wiped down virtually every surface I touched on the planes: seatbelt buckles, tray tables, touch screens, headrests...all of it. Some people stared, but I didn't get sick. It's not hard to do. I recommend it.

This. I wipe down hotel rooms and cabins as well and carry hand sanitizer when I travel and wash my hands a lot. I get sick less often now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did it, too :( had Lysol wipes and did exactly what you mentioned above. But people beside/behind coughing away. Can't tell people to cover their mouth

The last 5 NCL cruises I have been on, I get a cold a couple of days after I get home. Doesn't matter where we cruise, or what time of year. Anybody else have this? Is it in there water system for the showers? Legionnaires or something???

It has nothing to do with water.

I did it, too :( had Lysol wipes and did exactly what you mentioned above. But people beside/behind coughing away. Can't tell people to cover their mouth
They say that on a plane you should turn the air thingy above your seat all the way up and have it blow down on you to keep germs from those around you at bay. I'd die of chill and dehydration instead if I did that! It may just be a tinfoil hat gesture.

We get sick too. I think it is the air system. We are in inside cabins and don't get any fresh air in the cabin. Plus, it is so cold on the ships most of the time which doesn't help. Also, people just don't practice good hygiene. I do, I am a retired health care professional and in 35 years or caring for patients, I never got as sick as often as I do after or during a cruise.

But, as to the water. Once my husband got an eye infection and some one who casually knew onboard also got one. When my hubby went to the MD on board, he said, "it is probably from the water when you are showering" I am not kidding, the MD onboard said that. So, you never know.

30 plus cruises and have never gotten sick after or while on a cruise. I always make sure I wash my hands constantly and don’t touch the door handles with my bare hands. When we get onboard I take my sanitizing whipes to door handles, remote, phone, light switches etc. I guess it has saved us from getting sick.

30 plus cruises and have never gotten sick after or while on a cruise. I always make sure I wash my hands constantly and don’t touch the door handles with my bare hands. When we get onboard I take my sanitizing wipes to door handles, remote, phone, light switches etc. I guess it has saved us from getting sick.

It's nothing so dramatic. It almost always happens when a bunch of people are together from different places in confined quarters, especially for several days. It happens at conventions all the time, usually called "con crud", you just get the cruise equivalent... cruise crud?!

Basically, people who have different germs than your body are used to exposed you to those germs and you get a cold or whatever from them. The only thing you can really do is wash your hands often, especially before you eat or touch your face. Touch is much more likely to spread germs than anything else.

It's nothing so dramatic. It almost always happens when a bunch of people are together from different places in confined quarters, especially for several days. It happens at conventions all the time, usually called "con crud", you just get the cruise equivalent... cruise crud?!

Basically, people who have different germs than your body are used to exposed you to those germs and you get a cold or whatever from them. The only thing you can really do is wash your hands often, especially before you eat or touch your face. Touch is much more likely to spread germs than anything else.

This is a sensible post.

Hi,

It is about a crowd of people being in a relatively confind space, you are bound to have somebody with a cold or such like, especially aircraft, this phenomena increased when airlines banned smoking on planes, they stopped "scrubbing" the air in the air conditioning as it was cheaper for them to do this. Scrubbing removed the particles that passed on illness.

Pete

Edited by Enforcer
Spelling