Did we get drunker than we had to?

Shellbelle28

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages.

My latest booking with the UBP (which, by the way, one bartender referred to as U Better Puke) says soda and alcoholic beverages under $15. Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages.

The sugar in soda isn't good for you anyway so you were probably better off.

• Haha 1

Last week we were on board the Pearl traveling with the "Ultimate Beverage Package." I was under the impression that sodas were NOT included in the package and that there would be a charge for them. So, we of course forced ourselves to live with the hardship and drank only alcoholic beverages. My latest booking with the UBP (which, by the way, one bartender referred to as U Better Puke) says soda and alcoholic beverages under $15. Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?

Could have asked about sodas at any point during your cruise.

Could have taken 10 seconds to read the description of the package you ordered "Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. "

Could have asked about sodas at any point during your cruise.

Could have taken 10 seconds to read the description of the package you ordered "Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain soda and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. "

Does your comment answer the question I asked? Was it helpful in any way? Does it at all contribute to the partially humorous aspect of the original post? "No" to all counts.

Have a think about your comments and how they contribute to making Cruise Critic an unfriendly community.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My latest booking with the UBP (which, by the way, one bartender referred to as U Better Puke) says soda and alcoholic beverages under $15. Where did I get the idea that soda wasn't part of the deal?

Personally, I’d take a cocktail over a soda any day[emoji485][emoji898][emoji483][emoji484]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a tough time on Star.

Our first and probably last UBP.

No we were not drunk, although we consumed a lot, but I felt it wasn’t that great on my body. By the night #4 I couldn’t consume drinks after 8 pm period. In the mornings it was easier again. :)

I did love the fact that we could try different drinks. I tried a Toasted Almond for the first time and fell in love with it.

We only ordered soda several times, mostly to drink it at night if we wanted (after a day of UDP it came handy :) )

• Thanks 1

Specialty coffees (doesn’t make sense) and bottled waters (at least consistent with no can sodas) aren’t included, so it is easy to understand why you would think soda wasn’t included either.

But Irish coffees are. So we got those instead of cappuccinos a few times. The first time I forgot and got a surprise when I took a big sip of my really strong boozy coffee.

• Haha 1

But Irish coffees are. So we got those instead of cappuccinos a few times. The first time I forgot and got a surprise when I took a big sip of my really strong boozy coffee.
I ordered an Irish Coffee in the Stardust theater and the waiter told me that because they used espresso in it, there would be a charge. The only other place I got one was in Cagney’s and I don't think they charged for it there.

In order to make your cruise more fun, your subconscious didn't allow you to waste your time with wimpy kids' drinks. You weren't driving and (hopefully) didn't embarrass yourself nor harm anyone. Win-win.:champagne-toast:
I did not embarrass myself! At first DH took it as a challenge to drink as much as possible, but after a night or two experiencing the after effects, he reined it in.

We had a tough time on Star.

Our first and probably last UBP.

No we were not drunk, although we consumed a lot, but I felt it wasn’t that great on my body. By the night #4 I couldn’t consume drinks after 8 pm period. In the mornings it was easier again. :)

I did love the fact that we could try different drinks. I tried a Toasted Almond for the first time and fell in love with it.

We only ordered soda several times, mostly to drink it at night if we wanted (after a day of UDP it came handy :) )

As a person who rarely drinks, I experienced a tough break-in period! Next cruise I'm gonna need to pre-game to build up my strength!

As a person who rarely drinks, I experienced a tough break-in period! Next cruise I'm gonna need to pre-game to build up my strength!

Lol! :)

I’m overall ok with drinking. But it should not be various proofed drinks at the same time.

For example if I drink shots of brandy time to time (even doubles) while also eating, I’m fine. But if it a mix of drinks (thankfully I dint add wines and beers), it can get tough.

You can start building tolerance during weekends prior to cruise. If you live close to the ocean, you can play a “cruise” game.

If not just go to the bar. :)

Lol! :)

I’m overall ok with drinking. But it should not be various proofed drinks at the same time.

For example if I drink shots of brandy time to time (even doubles) while also eating, I’m fine. But if it a mix of drinks (thankfully I dint add wines and beers), it can get tough.

You can start building tolerance during weekends prior to cruise. If you live close to the ocean, you can play a “cruise” game.

If not just go to the bar. :)

Cagney's has a Sidecar on their signature beverage menu, we tried it one night... LORDY!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Forums mobile app

I really needed a laugh today. Thanks for the funny post to lighten my bad mood!😀

If you remember enough to ask the question, then, no, you didn’t get drunker than you had to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am genuinely surprised by how few passed out blotto people there were on the cruise. I think the "all you can eat" option helps balance the "all you can drink" for many. [emoji241][emoji484][emoji241][emoji484][emoji241][emoji484][emoji241]