Suggest researching ins company AND who processes claims

Wow! :o And I thought 3 months was crazy long! I double and triple check whenever I buy insurance to confirm TripMate is not the claims processor. They are impossible to work with and the delays are inexcusable.

Every e-mail has a different name of a claims processor.No first names just first initials.

I was recommended to TM by my travel agent .I called her to complain . I think that if she contacted them on my behalf that is the only reason why I got paid.

Every e-mail has a different name of a claims processor.No first names just first initials.

I was recommended to TM by my travel agent .I called her to complain . I think that if she contacted them on my behalf that is the only reason why I got paid.

That's all totally crazy!

Our only experience is with Travel Insured (purchased through, and with suggestion from Trip Insurance Store), and we've had several claims, including 2 large ones.

In each case, IF we asked (we did have to ask; it wasn't automatic), we had a single contact person who could and would reply by email or phone. We prefer email, due to the record of all questions/answers/etc.

Also, once we had contact name(s), we occasionally called that person specifically if we had any questions before purchasing, or if the policy terms had changed, etc.

They were always very polite and professional.

And the claims were paid within about 2 weeks of the docs being received. We never felt there were any unusual demands about that, either. (This may have been in part because with our waiver of the exclusion of pre-existing conditions, there was no need for them to request or read through previous medical records.)

We'd hope it stays that way, but we hope even more that we don't need to process more claims!

GC

That's all totally crazy!

Our only experience is with Travel Insured (purchased through, and with suggestion from Trip Insurance Store), and we've had several claims, including 2 large ones.

In each case, IF we asked (we did have to ask; it wasn't automatic), we had a single contact person who could and would reply by email or phone. We prefer email, due to the record of all questions/answers/etc.

Also, once we had contact name(s), we occasionally called that person specifically if we had any questions before purchasing, or if the policy terms had changed, etc.

They were always very polite and professional.

And the claims were paid within about 2 weeks of the docs being received. We never felt there were any unusual demands about that, either. (This may have been in part because with our waiver of the exclusion of pre-existing conditions, there was no need for them to request or read through previous medical records.)

We'd hope it stays that way, but we hope even more that we don't need to process more claims!

GC

Travel Insured, in my opinion, must not used Trip Mate as their claims processing. And I am sure there are other trip insurance companies that use other claims processing intermediaries. I purchased my Global Alert trip insurance from The Trip Insurance Store as I heard great things about TIS. However, I was disappointed they sold insurance that uses Trip Mate for claims processing. The person I mentioned this to (not Steve) admitted they receive many complaints about Trip Mate. And my contact person at The Trip Insurance Store was marginally helpful in being my advocate as evidenced by the 3 month claims processing time.

I am glad to hear you had a good experience with Travel Insured. I will explore other options for future insurance needs.