Where can you recharge electronics on the Sun?

zitsky

Of course I can do it in my cabin. But suppose I'm in the lounge all day or hanging around the pool. Are there any places you can recharge electronics, a cell phone perhaps? I don't expect to do it near the pool, but what about in one of the lounges?

I have one of those portable batteries I can use, but I'd rather not carry it around.

I will be using my phone to read mostly, maybe listen to music or watch a video.

bring your charger and plug in it anywhere.

There are that many outlets? I picture a room with outlets along the walls but none in the middle of the room. I have never been on the Sun.

Thanks!

Bring a power strip.....

I've read all about the power strip wars. But I have never seen any list of what is acceptable. I think I will bring a 3 outlet adapter. I want to bring something with usb ports, but I think that will be grabbed by security.

bring your charger and plug in it anywhere.

Other than in the cabin where will the OP plikley find plugs? I have never noticed any in the public spaces on any cruise ship.

Bring your power pack. That's going to be your best bet. If you think it's too big, then buy a smaller one. Or buy one of the phone battery cases that doubles your battery life. There are so many options. Better yet, get a phone that has a battery that lasts a normal amount of time - like all day.

I've read all about the power strip wars. But I have never seen any list of what is acceptable. I think I will bring a 3 outlet adapter. I want to bring something with usb ports, but I think that will be grabbed by security.

You can find power bricks with multiple USB connectors, instead of just a single connector. Those work great and are allowed.

Here is one example from a quick search on AMAzon:

https://www.amazon.com/ADIKA-Port-USB-Charger-Multiport/dp/B0728GJKK2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1531923224&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ipad+power+supply&psc=1

The only outlets you will likely find outside of the cabin are for vacuums. Generally they are 220v. They generally nowhere near where you would be sitting unless you want a cord dragging across the floor. Nothing even remotely close to a pool area.

As for charging apparatus, as long as it isn't a surge suppressor, you will be fine. No problem with USB ports, not sure why you would think they would be confiscated by security.

So yes, charge in your room.

Bring your power pack. That's going to be your best bet. If you think it's too big, then buy a smaller one. Or buy one of the phone battery cases that doubles your battery life. There are so many options. Better yet, get a phone that has a battery that lasts a normal amount of time - like all day.

Define all day. My phone lasts for 12 hours. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. It needs to be recharged right around dinner time or soon after.

You can find power bricks with multiple USB connectors, instead of just a single connector. Those work great and are allowed.

Here is one example from a quick search on AMAzon:

https://www.amazon.com/ADIKA-Port-USB-Charger-Multiport/dp/B0728GJKK2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1531923224&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=ipad+power+supply&psc=1

Agree, I bring a similar one from anchor - I use it overnight to charge my phone (which is where all of my music is), my kindle, kindle fire, and I do have a very light small power bank that I throw into my beach bag. It probably will charge an iphone once and not an ipad and I don't care if it get stolen because it was a giveaway.

Define all day. My phone lasts for 12 hours. Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. It needs to be recharged right around dinner time or soon after.

My problem with my phone that lasts fine on land on the ship, is that if I use the screen at all it auto sets so it goes to the brightest in the sun so you can see, so it drains a lot quicker than it does in my dim office :)

So like I said...

Or just get a case that doubles as a battery. There are super cheap options. You don't want to carry around a power bank, yet that would be way less of a pain than being connected to a wall.

The only outlets you will likely find outside of the cabin are for vacuums. Generally they are 220v. They generally nowhere near where you would be sitting unless you want a cord dragging across the floor. Nothing even remotely close to a pool area.

As for charging apparatus, as long as it isn't a surge suppressor, you will be fine. No problem with USB ports, not sure why you would think they would be confiscated by security.

So yes, charge in your room.

Opinion of the group needed? Would this power strip be allowed by NCL? It specifically mentions no surge protection.

Get a USB multiport charger with a 2-prong, not 3-prong, plug and you will be fine. The power strip issue is that many have surge protection, and that is both unnecessary on a ship, but it creates a fire hazard because a ship's electrical system is different than land-based. And it isn't always easy for security to tell if a power strip has surge protection so they err on the side of caution.

This is how I handle recharging. Small packs are easy and convenient.

Get a USB multiport charger with a 2-prong, not 3-prong, plug and you will be fine. The power strip issue is that many have surge protection, and that is both unnecessary on a ship, but it creates a fire hazard because a ship's electrical system is different than land-based. And it isn't always easy for security to tell if a power strip has surge protection so they err on the side of caution.

Why a charger with 2 prongs, not 3??