All-Inclusive on the Sun - how is it going?

SheSailsFL

The Sun has had its issues lately with the construction debacle and call us crazy! - we’re biting the bullet and booking for the Cuba itinerary in early June. Figure the ship will look nice at least!

The ads and online booking graphics say the Sun has transitioned to an all-inclusive ship but there was no confirmation of this in cruise documents and there is still an option to purchase a beverage package during booking. Hoping this is all just the technology not being updated yet.

I’m a little concerned with reviews I’ve read saying the crew is not aware of the all-inclusive process and people are still being charged for drinks.

I would love to hear from passengers who have sailed on the Sun (or Sky) since the transition and your experience. If you were on the construction cruise from hell, you no doubt needed a few cocktails. How did it go?

Oh thanks. The reviews I read gave me the impression it’s been in place for a while.

So hopefully the kinks will get worked out by June.

Which week are you going? We are going on the 6/25 - if you are too come join the roll call!

We are on the June 4th sailing. Will post when we get back to let you know it was!

Please do! If you could take some menu pictures and officer chart picture that would be awesome. No pressure though!! Have a great time!!

We did the Sky last year before they were going to Cuba, free bar worked fine... no one has to show a card, no receipts, I did tip well at one bar we went to all the time, made a difference.

Doing the Sun end of May and looking forward to it!

We did the Sky last year before they were going to Cuba, free bar worked fine... no one has to show a card, no receipts, I did tip well at one bar we went to all the time, made a difference.

Doing the Sun end of May and looking forward to it!

Sounds so much easier!

• 2 weeks later...
You just made my day; I'm leaving this weekend and was hoping to get a peak at the spirits list. Thanks for the post.

How was the ship overall? Doing well after refurb?

Everything seems to be sort of working for a old ship. All the refurbished works are done. I haven't seen them working during the cruise.

Bar menu from May 7 Cuba cruise

Somewhat disappointing, but given the dirt cheap fare, anything is better than nothing.

Question - this will be my first cruise on NCL...is there typically a better beer and liquor selection on the "newer" ships?