NCL Sun to Panama Canal November - Will they have the same cruise again for 2019?

BarnCat1

I was looking for a cruise to the Panama Canal for next year and came across a 10 day cruise on the Sun for this November. Nothing is on the schedule for next year except 2 one ways and a 14 day out of Tampa on the Dawn so far for next year.

When will NCL post their new sailings for the Sun, similar to this 10 day sailing that's listed for this November. That's the perfect amount of time with great ports. Do they normally have similar sailings each year?

The Jade has 11 day cruises out of Miami in Mar. and Apr. of 2019. I haven't look at the Sun, but I would imagine the itinerary is very similar.

I don't know how I missed that one. Thanks.

Do you think the Sun will eventually come out with their fall 2019 schedule? I do prefer the 10 day and the ports on the Sun.

The one I was looking at for November of 2018 on the Sun goes to these ports:

CRUISE PORTSEMBARKMiami (Florida); Cartagena (Colombia); Panama Canal/Gatun Lake (Panama); Colon (Panama); Puerto Limon (Costa Rica); George Town (Grand Cayman); Havana (Cuba); DISEMBARKMiami (Florida)

The Jade in the Spring of 2019 is similar: Miami (Florida); Cartagena (Colombia); Panama Canal/Gatun Lake (Panama); Colon (Panama); Puerto Limon (Costa Rica); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Harvest Caye (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); DISEMBARKMiami (Florida)

With the new repositioning release that came out yesterday of several of NCL ships, I would caution you to do your research. ;)

Is this the article: http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/news-releases/news-release-details/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-announces-enhancements-its

I just read through it. It doesn't mention the Sun at all. The Jade doesn't leave the Caribbean until the fall and the cruise mentioned in the previous post is the spring. The Joy will be coming from LA.

I'm still curious if the Sun will have the same sailing next fall as it does this fall. I do like the Jades spring cruise as well.

I was looking for a cruise to the Panama Canal for next year and came across a 10 day cruise on the Sun for this November. Nothing is on the schedule for next year except 2 one ways and a 14 day out of Tampa on the Dawn so far for next year.

When will NCL post their new sailings for the Sun, similar to this 10 day sailing that's listed for this November. That's the perfect amount of time with great ports. Do they normally have similar sailings each year?

I do not have the answer but I can tell you, one of our favorite cruises was a 10 day Panama Canal cruise. It was on HAL. It wasn't the ship that make it so special, just the overall experience. Add to that the Sun is a wonderful ship for those who want the smaller more personal type of sailing. let me add, the Dawn is another one of the great ships if you like the smaller ones.

I don't know how I missed that one. Thanks.

Do you think the Sun will eventually come out with their fall 2019 schedule? I do prefer the 10 day and the ports on the Sun.

The one I was looking at for November of 2018 on the Sun goes to these ports:

CRUISE PORTSEMBARKMiami (Florida); Cartagena (Colombia); Panama Canal/Gatun Lake (Panama); Colon (Panama); Puerto Limon (Costa Rica); George Town (Grand Cayman); Havana (Cuba); DISEMBARKMiami (Florida)

The Jade in the Spring of 2019 is similar: Miami (Florida); Cartagena (Colombia); Panama Canal/Gatun Lake (Panama); Colon (Panama); Puerto Limon (Costa Rica); Roatan, Bay Islands (Honduras); Harvest Caye (Belize); Costa Maya (Mexico); DISEMBARKMiami (Florida)

I hope they do, I want that trip too, but can't make it in 2018

I hope they do, I want that trip too, but can't make it in 2018

I called NCL today. The 10 day cruise for November 2018 is the first one going to these ports. Depending on its success (or failure), they’ll decide if future sailings will have the same itinerary. That’s why nothing is listed for next year yet. Let’s keep our fingers crossed it’s a success. (yn)

op, there is plenty to do if one looks for things to do. The nightly entertainment, trivia dance lessons, atrium activities, movies plus as you know, the Panama canal cruises are very port intensive. Cruising the longer itineraries are very different than cruising on a booze cruise.

We are going on the Dawn, which in many ways is similar to the Sun, out of San Juan in Feb. We have only one sea day. Already I am wondering how we will get any rest and still see everything? Enjoy whatever you end up doing.

I can't fathom a cruise longer than 4 days on the Sun. You'll go insanely bored. Not much to do on that ship.

We did 15 days on the Sun (Panama Canal) and 9 days in the Baltic. Wasn’t bored for a minute!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't fathom a cruise longer than 4 days on the Sun. You'll go insanely bored. Not much to do on that ship.

I would think that the cruise being 10 days and visiting 6 ports, there is't much time to be bored. I'm sure there are plenty of things to do to fill up the remaining time. Just relaxing would be okay for a few days.