Fight on the Escape

declansdad

It's all about the "clientele" on the ship. Just ask CCL.

Fights around the pool are predictable, booze, skympy clothing, male testosterone, we had one of those in the NCL Sun around the pool area in 2014, December 2016 CCL Victory, fistfight in main dining room among members of one table during early dining seating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a few thousand people together n a coined space, booze them up and there are sure to be the odd fight.

I’m actually surprised that there aren’t more.

I think it has a lot to do with the drink packages [emoji482][emoji483]🥂[emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think it has a lot to do with the drink packages [emoji482][emoji483]🥂[emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nope. I was on that same cruise with 26 family and friends who all had the drink package. Somehow we managed to get in zero fights.

It's the person.

Fights around the pool are predictable, booze, skympy clothing, male testosterone, we had one of those in the NCL Sun around the pool area in 2014, December 2016 CCL Victory, fistfight in main dining room among members of one table during early dining seating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So in other words...the "clientele" on board. I've been on many cruises with people drinking heavily and it's nothing but good times and making new friends.

It is scary to see that security was scared to get their shoes wet and break up the fight. I am going on the Escape in October and watching this video actually makes me worried for my safety on the ship. I hope Norwegian reviews this video and retrains their staff to deal with this type of situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is scary to see that security was scared to get their shoes wet and break up the fight. I am going on the Escape in October and watching this video actually makes me worried for my safety on the ship. I hope Norwegian reviews this video and retrains their staff to deal with this type of situation.

You give NCL security way too much credit. They are great at finding and taking your unauthorized beverages and such when you board but they have very little experience or training in actual physical confrontations. They do not carry guns and a good many of them are out of shape. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they try to do, but in the end most of them are just as afraid as the average person when confronting a combative person or persons.

Security has probably been told not to engage in certain situations. A slippery surface coupled with water and jutting edges could be deadly. Get a couple idiots fighting and add security to the fray could lead to worse outcomes.

Instead of some moron yelling “break up the GD fight” how about everyone clearing the area? Instead of yelling “a**hole” in unison how about, idk, leaving the area?

I saw a kid and mom walking along with ice cream. Hey mom, take your child and leave the area.

If security was armed with sticks and beat the people senseless would that be good? I think not.

It has little to do with “clientele” and everything to do with the hot sun and possibly drinking. We really don’t know if and how much was drunk. We don’t know what started it. But we do know that every moron who stuck around to watch, egg on, whip out a cell phone to record, and did not leave the area contributed to the situation.

I would have thought that security would have been more involved a lot faster to stop things. I'm sailing on Escape in a few weeks.

Not really, NCL at the most has one maybe two dozen security people. Let the idiots beat themselves senseless, then go in a clean it up

You give NCL security way too much credit. They are great at finding and taking your unauthorized beverages and such when you board but they have very little experience or training in actual physical confrontations. They do not carry guns and a good many of them are out of shape. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what they try to do, but in the end most of them are just as afraid as the average person when confronting a combative person or persons.

Maybe they need to rethink/revamp their security system, If they don't have staff that are properly trained for all types of situations that could happen on a cruise ship.

Maybe they need to rethink/revamp their security system, If they don't have staff that are properly trained for all types of situations that could happen on a cruise ship.

I think your pointing fingers at the wrong people. Maybe some people shouldn't drink or cruise, you can't fix stupid.

Fights happen anywhere and at any time among all walks of life or shall I say, "clientele". I think its really pathetic, and a testament to the times, that someone thought it appropriate to film and then post to Youtube...talk about encouraging bad behavior.

CM

The tag line said Royal Navy Dockyard in Bermuda. Why were there so many people onboard if they were docked? That said, there have been a fight or two I witnessed on NCL ships but it was mostly just words and finger pointing. Alcohol, crowded conditions and the stress of vacation (yes there is stress on vacation sometimes) are possible explanations.

Thankfully I've never seen this behavior in all my cruises. I can understand unarmed "security" not wanting to get injured themselves or worse for the cruise line hurt a passenger while 'breaking up a fight'. fights can start anywhere yes but then the police come and someone gets arrested and then there's consequences, at sea that seems rather murky. Ejection from the ship seems the worst you can get, then there's jurisdiction issues etc.... I would be ok with a few large X cops on board and visible, with a taser, you're less likely to start something if you feel there's an actual consequence.

Fights happen anywhere and at any time among all walks of life or shall I say, "clientele". I think its really pathetic, and a testament to the times, that someone thought it appropriate to film and then post to Youtube...talk about encouraging bad behavior.

CM

When my wife and I sailed the Escape a few years ago in February their was a huge fight while the ship was still docked in Miami. It was a large wedding party. most of whom were kicked off the ship before the cruise even started Lol

Thankfully I've never seen this behavior in all my cruises. I can understand unarmed "security" not wanting to get injured themselves or worse for the cruise line hurt a passenger while 'breaking up a fight'. fights can start anywhere yes but then the police come and someone gets arrested and then there's consequences, at sea that seems rather murky. Ejection from the ship seems the worst you can get, then there's jurisdiction issues etc.... I would be ok with a few large X cops on board and visible, with a taser, you're less likely to start something if you feel there's an actual consequence.

I am sure alcohol was involved. There is a jail on the ship. Perhaps a few hours in the "jail" or "brig" to sober up would be a good consequence.

I worked in a psychiatric hospital for many years. We put our staff thru Physical Crisis Intervention training yearly. It can be very dangerous to break up a fight both for the staff and the patients. Have no idea what kind of training NCL security go thru.

I think those morons should be responsible for their own behavior and suffer the consequences. If they get hurt, oh well, they should not have been fighting. As for the people who now no longer feel safe, just don't drink too much and hang around the pool. You will be fine.