Buenos Aires airports - EZE & AEP - Far apart?

Islandattorney

we are ending a cruise in BA and flying to Iguazu Falls the same day from the domestic airport (AEP). We fly back the very next day because of strict time pressure. Our flight back to the states the following day is out of EZE airport. We are trying to figure out if it makes sense to drop our bigger suitcase at a hotel in BA on the way to the AEP airport since we won't need much for the very short visit. Are there any nice hotels in a convenient location for this little plan? Or should we just lug the bags along?

we are ending a cruise in BA and flying to Iguazu Falls the same day from the domestic airport (AEP). We fly back the very next day because of strict time pressure. Our flight back to the states the following day is out of EZE airport. We are trying to figure out if it makes sense to drop our bigger suitcase at a hotel in BA on the way to the AEP airport since we won't need much for the very short visit. Are there any nice hotels in a convenient location for this little plan? Or should we just lug the bags along?
On our domestic flight to Iguazu from B.A. the tour guide repeatedly urged passengers to bring along only what was necessary. I am assuming these flights have limited luggage storage capacity.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

My 2 cents.

I don't recall many (if any) hotels between the port and AEP, so you're going out of your way to drop off bags and adding to the already steep cost of a taxi from the port. Then, when you return, you've got to get another taxi back to the hotel as well as transport all the way out to EZE from the hotel.

If you hang onto your luggage, you can take the bus from AEP to EZE for about $10 pp when you return from Iguazu. Tickets are purchased at the counter on the far left end of the terminal, and pickup is right outside. Runs about every 30 minutes as I recall.

• 6 months later...

Can you tell me what you ended up doing with your suitcases? We'll be having the same issue, this coming January. Would love to know where to drop our suitcases. Do hotel keep your bags overnight even if you weren't a guest? Thanks again

If you want to spend at least $60 US, there is a company that would pick your luggage up at the cruise port and store it for you and then drop it off at your hotel if I understand correctly that you plan to stay one night in BA.

http://www.storageba.com/

Yes, I was asking if anyone had used the services of that company. They've been in business a while but I don't see any reviews. Have you used them? Thanks

Yes, I was asking if anyone had used the services of that company. They've been in business a while but I don't see any reviews. Have you used them? Thanks

No we haven't used them. This is their Facebook Page with reviews. https://www.facebook.com/luggagestorageba/

We left suitcases at the storage in the Buquebus terminal. It is about 10 minutes from the cruise terminal. It is for the ferries to Uruguay and you go outside into the back parking lot and down an elevator and they have storage there. It is not open 24 hours so you need to check the times.

Another company that again I have not used but have seen some positive comments is Tienda León http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

They apparently will store your luggage if you use their service but I am not sure of what they would offer exactly. They do shuttles between airports so might work if you go from AEP to EZE as well as a remis service ( a private hire car ) so could take you where ever you wanted plus hopefully store your luggage. Their contact info is at the bottom of their page.

No we haven't used them. This is their Facebook Page with reviews. https://www.facebook.com/luggagestorageba/

We left suitcases at the storage in the Buquebus terminal. It is about 10 minutes from the cruise terminal. It is for the ferries to Uruguay and you go outside into the back parking lot and down an elevator and they have storage there. It is not open 24 hours so you need to check the times.

Another company that again I have not used but have seen some positive comments is Tienda León http://www.tiendaleon.com/resultados/busqueda/bus/

They apparently will store your luggage if you use their service but I am not sure of what they would offer exactly. They do shuttles between airports so might work if you go from AEP to EZE as well as a remis service ( a private hire car ) so could take you where ever you wanted plus hopefully store your luggage. Their contact info is at the bottom of their page.

Thank you for all the info....especially about the Buquebus info. I was looking for feedback of a service someone has used. That is very helpful. Thank you

Thank you for all the info....especially about the Buquebus info. I was looking for feedback of a service someone has used. That is very helpful. Thank you

I asked around and got a very positive reply about Tienda Leon. They said it is super safe and they are very friendly.

I asked around and got a very positive reply about Tienda Leon. They said it is super safe and they are very friendly.

Thank you very much. Much appreciate all your research and help. I will contact Tienda Leon. Thank you