character breakfast

cruisin1982

We have 3 sea days what are our chances of being able to get a time slot. We can’t book until 75 days out. Sorry I don’t like Disney policy can’t do any planing on first cruise more than 75 days out. Other cruise lines could book excursions sooner. But you can dress like a slip at dinner

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You don't like Disney policy now, but I'm sure once you are Gold or Platinum and can book well ahead of everyone else you wouldn't care...

With the prices I don’t see us being gold or platinum any time soon. Maybe booking the breakfast but everything.

The character breakfast does not typically fill up. You should have no problem getting a reservation. In fact, they went to the reservation system because huge numbers of people were choosing to not attend when the breakfast worked on an "each person has an assigned time/day" system.

There are many cruise lines available. If DCL policies are not to your liking, perhaps there is another line that will suit you better...and perhaps at a lower price.

It’s not the price it’s a high end cruise like with some policy I don’t agree with. The dining casual dress code bothers me. I’m concerned that the newer generation parents will let their kids be out of control and scream. I’m doing this cruise for my wife. I hope I enjoy it as much as I know she will

Disney is not high end, not like Cunard where there is a dress code for dinner. If you want to dress up then do it, but don’t expect other people to have the same values as you or thoughts. Enjoy the service and the experience.

On our Wonder cruise last March, there were plenty of reservations available for the character breakfast, and this was even advertised on board. Ours was a Disney Junior character breakfast.

Btw, the breakfast was casual, so maybe expect that experience. On our three Disney cruises (all on the Wonder, mind you.. I see you’re sailing on Fantasy, so I can’t speak to that.. bigger ship, different experience I’m sure), I found most people wore resort casual throughout.

Disney is not high end, not like Cunard where there is a dress code for dinner. If you want to dress up then do it, but don’t expect other people to have the same values as you or thoughts. Enjoy the service and the experience.

Sorry didn’t mean high end I was more thinking it more expensive than many lines and they don’t have a dress code in their dining rooms. We aren’t snobs but on formal night we do dress up. On our first cruise I was like I’m on vacation I don’t want to dress up. But was glad we did and I liked all the formal gowns the woman were wearing. It just added to the experience.

Sorry didn’t mean high end I was more thinking it more expensive than many lines and they don’t have a dress code in their dining rooms. We aren’t snobs but on formal night we do dress up. On our first cruise I was like I’m on vacation I don’t want to dress up. But was glad we did and I liked all the formal gowns the woman were wearing. It just added to the experience.

I agree, Disney is expensive. As for a dress code, I don’t wear ripped jeans but I’m not really comfortable in formal clothes. I hate shoes with any type of high heels, have worn them but always take them off when possible. I am ok with business attire when going to a party, but on Disney I feel I can have a good time, feel comfortable and dress in comfortable clothes without being judged.

Disney is a mid range cruise line with premium prices. Passengers keep demanding that it become more casual, and DCL has done this. There is a huge "It's my vacation and I'll do what I please" attitude.

The really high end cruise lines DO have enforced dress codes....and prices not much above DCL. But they attract a very different clientele.

Disney is a mid range cruise line with premium prices. Passengers keep demanding that it become more casual' date=' and DCL has done this. There is a huge "It's my vacation and I'll do what I please" attitude.

The really high end cruise lines DO have enforced dress codes....and prices not much above DCL. But they attract a very different clientele.[/quote']

We have only been on Carnival I know been few years back but they did enforce the dress code on formal nights. I never saw t-shirts or shorts except the first night.

We have only been on Carnival I know been few years back but they did enforce the dress code on formal nights. I never saw t-shirts or shorts except the first night.

On DCL, there is a "suggested attire" for each night. The actually dress code is minimal--no swimwear is about the only thing they enforce. The adult dining venues do have dress codes which are somewhat enforced.

We have 3 sea days what are our chances of being able to get a time slot. We can’t book until 75 days out. Sorry I don’t like Disney policy can’t do any planing on first cruise more than 75 days out. Other cruise lines could book excursions sooner. But you can dress like a slip at dinner

it's just a disney junior character breakfast, so a lot of people aren't interested..

or rather, the adults only groups tend to be less interested...

i know my grandkids will enjoy meeting doc mcstuffins, though i doubt their parents even know who she is......they don't have cable - their tv isn't hooked up to any service...the kids get their minds corrupted when they're at our house and at the other grandparents...LOL..

Are there other characters at breakfast?

The characters vary, depending on what itinerary, and how long the cruise is.

From the DCL website:

• A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.

The characters vary, depending on what itinerary, and how long the cruise is.

From the DCL website:

• A Character Breakfast is featured on one morning of select 7-plus night cruises with a minimum of 2 days at sea.
  • The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are featured on 14-night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- or 6-night cruises.

i wasn't sure if they still do the classic characters on the magic during european cruises, but i see that they do...

although they call them "VIP"........

We called the cruise line and was told if it’s a vip Cruise it’s the classic characters if not then it’s Disney JR how do you know if your cruise is a VIP one

Did you read my post above? It specifies which cruises have which characters.

"7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.

We called the cruise line and was told if it’s a vip Cruise it’s the classic characters if not then it’s Disney JR how do you know if your cruise is a VIP one

based on Shmoo's post, it would seem your cruise falls into the category of cruises that depart from a US domestic port (as in port canaveral).

so that seems to mean disney junior.

• 1 month later...

I booked the character breakfast for me and DH, looks like we'll have the VIP.  If it was Disney Jr, we'd skip it. 

Curious, will we be the only adults with no kids there?  Do adults cruising without kids do the breakfast?  We'll still do it, but just wondering... :)