2 night Halloween Cruise / San Diego

picture

Two days isn't long enough to see everything, but we couldn't go on a longer one.

Basically, I wanted the GD to see the Halloween decorations and eat in Animator's Palate.

I think there will be character meetings (not princess), which usually have long lines.

The ice cream place is a big draw too. :D

Patti

Two days isn't long enough to see everything, but we couldn't go on a longer one.

Basically, I wanted the GD to see the Halloween decorations and eat in Animator's Palate.

I think there will be character meetings (not princess), which usually have long lines.

The ice cream place is a big draw too. :D

Patti

There will definitely be character meet and greets. The length of the lines varies greatly. There are anywhere from 2-20 characters out at a time, but 2-4 are most common. First, check the Navigator, the sign boards in the atrium, or the PALS line for information about scheduled appearances. Then, show up about 10 minutes before the character is due. This usually puts you at or close to the beginning of the line. You can see that character and then get in line for another one at that same time slot. Some people check the schedules and plan ahead; many don't get in line till they see the characters. Check both the atrium and outside the WDT.

You never know when a character will pop up walking down the hall, on the pool deck, etc. These are some of the best experiences--if they are on their way to a scheduled engagement, they often can only stop for a quick hug. Other times "magic" happens. Goofy comes up behind you and pulls a pony tail which results in a pretend sword fight (pirate night), or Chip and Dale seem to appear from nowhere. IF they do "Till We Meet Again" on the last night, you'll have about 20 characters out along with stage performers in costume, etc.

A 2 night cruise is better than no cruise! Check your KTTW card at embarkation. If you don't have AP on your dining schedule, go to "Dining changes" at the location and time indicated on the Navigator and ask to be changed. They only run the "show" at night, and you only have 2 nights....so you're going to miss one dining room for dinner.

I'm also booked on one of these 2-night Halloween cruises from San Diego this fall. I was very surprised to see when the activity reservations opened to us that there were none of the usual princess activities displayed - no Princess Gathering, no Frozen Gathering and no Royal Princess Tea. Luckily we had just participated in all of these a few months ago on a Caribbean voyage, so we are fine to skip them, just wondering if anyone has actually experienced these events on the 2-nighters when not available for pre-booking? Do they still have them and just don't expect big crowds???

The only activities I can see available for pre-booking are Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique reservations, shore excursions and various tasting events.

I don’t see any of these events except shore excursions. Where should I look for the tasting events?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There will definitely be character meet and greets. The length of the lines varies greatly. There are anywhere from 2-20 characters out at a time' date=' but 2-4 are most common. First, check the Navigator, the sign boards in the atrium, or the PALS line for information about scheduled appearances. Then, show up about 10 minutes before the character is due. This usually puts you at or close to the beginning of the line. You can see that character and then get in line for another one at that same time slot. Some people check the schedules and plan ahead; many don't get in line till they see the characters. Check both the atrium and outside the WDT.

You never know when a character will pop up walking down the hall, on the pool deck, etc. These are some of the best experiences--if they are on their way to a scheduled engagement, they often can only stop for a quick hug. Other times "magic" happens. Goofy comes up behind you and pulls a pony tail which results in a pretend sword fight (pirate night), or Chip and Dale seem to appear from nowhere. IF they do "Till We Meet Again" on the last night, you'll have about 20 characters out along with stage performers in costume, etc.

A 2 night cruise is better than no cruise! Check your KTTW card at embarkation. If you don't have AP on your dining schedule, go to "Dining changes" at the location and time indicated on the Navigator and ask to be changed. They only run the "show" at night, and you only have 2 nights....so you're going to miss one dining room for dinner.[/quote']

Thanks for all the info. I definitely plan to do this. :)

Patti

I just want to confirm...for the 2 night, Halloween and Pirate activities are on the same night? I am actually sailing on this cruise and my itinerary only mentions Pirate Night on Day 1.

That's the way it has been in previous years. No one can predict what will happen this year.

• 1 month later...
I just want to confirm...for the 2 night, Halloween and Pirate activities are on the same night? I am actually sailing on this cruise and my itinerary only mentions Pirate Night on Day 1.

I contacted DCL and they looked up this specific cruise. I was told that Pirate Night is Friday night and Halloween is Saturday.

Can't wait!