Pirate night

cruisin1982

A lot of people start dressing up in their pirate gear in the late afternoon/early evening and will attend dinner dressed up. The dining room servers (in fact, most crew members) wear pirate-themed outfits for the evening as well.

The buffet - if it happens - will be later in the night, after the fireworks. I say "if it happens", because depending on the ship/itinerary, there won't be a buffet. Someone else may be able to provide more info on the ins-and-outs of whether to expect one or not :)

FWIW, the one time I've bothered with the buffet (Fantasy, Nov 2015), I decided never again, and I've heard similar from others. It really wasn't that great, though a lot of guests flocked like seagulls as if they hadn't had a full dinner just before. Whatever floats your boat (pun intended) I guess!

A lot of people start dressing up in their pirate gear in the late afternoon/early evening and will attend dinner dressed up. The dining room servers (in fact, most crew members) wear pirate-themed outfits for the evening as well.

The buffet - if it happens - will be later in the night, after the fireworks. I say "if it happens", because depending on the ship/itinerary, there won't be a buffet. Someone else may be able to provide more info on the ins-and-outs of whether to expect one or not :)

FWIW, the one time I've bothered with the buffet (Fantasy, Nov 2015), I decided never again, and I've heard similar from others. It really wasn't that great, though a lot of guests flocked like seagulls as if they hadn't had a full dinner just before. Whatever floats your boat (pun intended) I guess!

Thanks it was like that in Carnival when they use to have the Gala Buffet people are like they haven’t eaten the whole time on the cruise. They would pile food as high as they could

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our three Wonder cruises, I don’t recall there being a later, after party buffet, but I may not have been paying attention— or it could have been luck of the draw on our cruises (all were Caribbean, seven night; two eastern and one western).

Our little family dresses up in pirate garb for dinner. We’ve found most other people do, too. On our last cruise, our son, age 4, did the pirate boutique (sorry, I can’t remember the name right now...). It was super cute— we did the more expensive package, like $99 for a costume, face painting, etc., and he thought he was hot stuff dressed like Capt Hook. It was fun!