Seas and temps in Oct out of Cape Liberty

creel5857

looking at 14 day trip from cape liberty to canada and back.....I know that no one can predict weather but wondering if there are routine rough seas on that route or a lot of known weather issues around sept and oct Thanks fo any input from regular or past sailors in this part of country

Weather happens. I have sailed many times in the fall. Most times the weather was great and I was wearing shorts and t shirts most of the time. I've also experienced snow flurries and heavy fog. You need to be prepared for either. Keep in mind it is still hurricane season.

looking at 14 day trip from cape liberty to canada and back.....I know that no one can predict weather but wondering if there are routine rough seas on that route or a lot of known weather issues around sept and oct Thanks fo any input from regular or past sailors in this part of country

We cruised from Cape Liberty in October to Canada .It was very cold there but fine in NY .We did not have a problem with the Hudson River .

We did this trip a couple of years ago around this time of the year - late Sept to mid-Oct sometime - and really enjoyed it. It's likely to be colder obviously so maybe hoodie/jeans weather. I'm generally prepared with this plus t-shirts i would wear under a hoodie so I don't really double pack for different weather. As the weather gets colder seas do tend to be a bit rougher. If you're a seasoned cruiser though it's generally not bad at all.

Thanks for comments. I realize that weather is fickle and no one knows for sure but I also know there are months in Alaska that people avoid as well as months people avoid with some other itineraries. Just getting any input i can.