Elizabeth, NJ hotel question

P.A.

That's basically midtown. You would take NJ Transit from Newark Airport Station to New York Penn Station for $13/pp each way. You can walk to Times Square or take the subway 1 stop for $2.75-3.00/pp.

If you go downtown to the 911 Memorial area you take PATH back to Newark Penn Station from the World Trade Center for $2.75/pp and NJ Transit to the airport for $8.50/pp. The NJ Transit link has schedules.

Thank you so much for all the info! (y) I am a little nervous about all the transfers. We should be good as long as we allow enough time. :eek:

I love Embassy Suites...but I have stayed and Country Inn and Suites and it was a decent stay for 1 night. No issues, clean, and the breakfast was ok.

This year we are staying at the Renaissance close to Newark airport. Hmmm...let me ask some questions...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 1:41 PM, jmb4534 said:

We're booked at ES prior to our upcoming Canada/NE cruise. Can anyone tell me if there is a place within walking distance to buy a couple bottles of wine to carry on? If so, how far? Thanks!

Sorry it’s taken so long to answer this question but I just stopped by this board to get info for a friend. We stayed at CI in June for one night and it was fine. They sell wine for around $15 a bottle. Not a great selection but I coukdn’t find anywhere else nearby. You might see if ES sells some, too, since they know their hotel is also filled with cruisers. If not walk down the street to CI and get it there. 

We ate at Ruby Tuesday’s as it was right next to CI. It wasn’t bad and had an extensive garden buffet. There is tons of traffic to navigate to get to the mall so we decided to just eat closer. 

We took an Uber to the port. I think it was just under $30 for 4 people. Definitely faster than the hotel shuttles. 

Just an update on the Embassy Suites Elizabeth.  We stayed there for our Oct 4th New England Canada cruise.  We arrived the day before and checked in at 3 and received our room promptly.  Parking is secure and we had booked the park and cruise package. We had dinner at the Ruby Tuesdays and it was fine and right across the street.  You can easily walk to the mall if you want to but we were tired from our drive and just wanted to rest.  The room was very comfortable and clean.  As others mentioned, this is not the usual set up for the Embassy with the big courtyard.  They had the happy hour in a bar area with one complimentary drink per person.  We had a great night sleep and went down for breakfast around 8.  They do a  great job with breakfast with omelets and eggs made to order along with pancakes and waffles.  They had a buffet as well with scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages.  All the usual stuff.  There were plenty of tables and seating available.  We took the 10 am shuttle to the port.  Get down early, at least 9:45.  I think it was overbooked (um or maybe we all had too much luggage!:classic_rolleyes:) so they got another van. The shuttle was there to pick us up at area C after the cruise so no waiting.  Our car was fine when we got back to the hotel.  All in all I would recommend the hotel.  We had stayed for years at the Country Inn and Suites and there's no comparison really.  The Country Inn is so run down, smells, and the breakfast area, forget it!

• 3 months later...