Brooklyn Terminal Leave after check in

robptaylor

We have a very early flight into LGA this Saturday and will probably be heading to the Brooklyn cruise terminal around 9am. What we would like to do is drop our bags with a porter, check-in to our cruise, and then take a ferry over to Manhattan to tour WTC.

I would like to confirm a couple of things.

First, some terminal will not allow passengers to arrive on foot, e.g., Long Beach and Ft. Lauderdale. Technically we would be arriving on foot when we return from the ferry. I'm certain this is not a problem since I have seen other posts about doing this for arriving passenger but I want to confirm.

Second, are there any rules that would prevent us from leaving the terminal building once we have checked in? I know certain places do not allow this but I wasn't sure about a cruise terminal.

Finally, does anyone know how early the porters will accept luggage for departing passengers and what is the earliest the terminal will be open for check-in?

I suspect worst case is we leave our luggage with the porters outside and do NOT enter the terminal but head to the ferry. It would be a load off, however, to have everything done and just walk on to the cruise when we return later in the afternoon.

Any other advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.