Parking at Port Canaveral

cruisinmoores

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral next month and are trying to decide about parking. We typically sail out of New Orleans or Galveston and have never used the actual port parking because it tends to be more expensive and often harder to get out of. Has anyone had any luck with any parking lots other than the actual port parking? Is it worth it to save money and park away, or is the port parking not that bad?

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral next month and are trying to decide about parking. We typically sail out of New Orleans or Galveston and have never used the actual port parking because it tends to be more expensive and often harder to get out of. Has anyone had any luck with any parking lots other than the actual port parking? Is it worth it to save money and park away, or is the port parking not that bad?
We used to go the off site parking, but at the end of the day we decided that the savings is relatively small. The small amount saved wasn't worth the inconveniences of waiting for shuttle to drop you off and especially after the cruise waiting for shuttle to pick you up. The last time we went with off site was our last. Once we were returned to the parking lot it took them 20 minutes to find our car.

Being able to walk right to the parking garage and being on the road in about 10 minutes after exiting the terminal was nice.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Park Port Canaveral and Park & Cruise are two popular offsite lots that do a great job with their shuttles

Also many of the hotels near the port have the park and cruise option. The four closet to the port are Residence Inn, Country Inn & Suites, Homewood Suites and Radisson At The Port

The good news? Both shipside and offsite options are very good at Port Canaveral. You cannot go wrong with either and each option has a loyal following. Including hotel parking.

I disagree somewhat with those who say the savings are minimal at the offsites. It depends on the length of the cruise, number of people and where you park.

2 people can pay as little as $40 for a 7 night cruise versus $136 shipside. That's nearly $100 in savings for a Drink Package!

You can read about these comparisons, see photos, etc. Shipside and Offsite Parking at Port Canaveral.

Edited by SteerageJoe

November will be our 4TH cruise out of Port Canaveral. 1st time used offsite parking, 20 minute wait in the heat for pickup upon return. Last 2 times used Port parking, in and out in less than 10 minutes. In my opinion well worth it! Will be using Port Canaveral on site lot again in November!!

I live in Orlando and cruise often out of Port Canaveral. I parked at the port once until a friend told me about Park n Cruise. I have never waited for a shuttle to leave the port (It seems, when one shuttle pulls away, another pulls right in) and waited once to get the shuttle to the port, but not long. My car is ready for me to leave, I get off the bus and right in my car.

https://www.parkcruise.com/#1527793356979-62c14184-f30c

I live in Orlando and cruise often out of Port Canaveral. I parked at the port once until a friend told me about Park n Cruise. I have never waited for a shuttle to leave the port (It seems, when one shuttle pulls away, another pulls right in) and waited once to get the shuttle to the port, but not long. My car is ready for me to leave, I get off the bus and right in my car.

And, to save a few bucks, use LotsofHonor.com , which shares Park n Cruise facilities. You get the same parking lot, same efficient shuttles, but at a discount price.

Does ParkNCruise required to take away your car key for the whole duration of the cruise or can you park the car yourself and keep your car key ?

Thanks

Does ParkNCruise required to take away your car key for the whole duration of the cruise or can you park the car yourself and keep your car key ?

Thanks

You choose. They have a section for self-parking where you keep your keys. When looking at the parking lot however, it appears most cruisers prefer the valet-style parking because then your car will be waiting with the cool A/C running and trunk open when you arrive.

Upon return the bus driver calls in the names and they go get your car, start it, switch on the AC and pop the trunk near the area where you get dropped.

• 2 months later...
And, to save a few bucks, use LotsofHonor.com , which shares Park n Cruise facilities. You get the same parking lot, same efficient shuttles, but at a discount price.

And because they are now sharing a lot it's a mess! The last time I parked there the cars were parked 4 deep...and so close together that you could barely open your door...let alone wrestle out your luggage...they used to be my go to parking spot, but not anymore...much prefer parking at the Radisson...closer to port....paved lot with clearly marked normal parking spaces...

• 2 weeks later...
I hate to assume, do u need to book a night stay at the hotels? Or do they have a rate just to park? I went on Radisson and could only find parking if u stay.

Go to the website for Park Port Canaveral. This is the cruise parking next to the Radisson.

No hotel stay with this....