Higher checked bag fees!

suzyed

That fee also only applies if you are flying "Basic Economy" their deepest discounted economy offering. If you are flying regular Economy, Economy Plus or a premium product then the first bag is free.

Economy Comfort is free...yes, but Iwas referring to the basic...not sure if it was regular economy though. Anyway...

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2018 at 9:02 PM, susancruzs said:

I flew to Barcelona last Fall, Buenos Aires in March with Delta and did not pay. I have 1 bag and a carry on. I'm older, cannot manage the two big bags I used years ago. My last cruise was 30 days and my 26" bag was fine, more than enough clothes. Don't want to pay for an extra bag.

I agree.  I went a step further on my last domestic flight:  I got a rolling personal item bag.  It was fantastic.  No more shoulder bags or backpacks going through the airport.  This little baby holds an amazing amount of stuff:  I could pack for a 3 - 5 night trip, and it's got so many pockets in it I don't know what to do with all of them.  Now, no matter where I go my maximum luggage are these three items, stacked as I go into the airport:

A 26' suitcase to check,

This strap:

71p3eTVWXrL._SL1500_.jpg

and this personal item bag that comes off the top of the checked bag, that I wheel through the airport and on to the plane:

Edited by pcur