NYC Departure - Flying into LGA Nov 14th

IronRobi

Assuming this is the hotel located at 17 West 32nd St. , it is now known as The Hotel @ Fifth Ave. Apparently it's no longer affiliated with La Quinta.

I would call to verify your reservation.

I know this isn't a situation of comparable magnitude, but after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico many people found out that the hotel chains aren't very good at notifying their customers when their hotels won't be honoring reservations. In some cases hotels that were closed for repairs not only failed to notify those with reservations of the closures, they continued to take new reservations they couldn't possibly honor. This went on for months...long after the hotel chains should have been able to get their acts together. The only way to find out the true status of reservations was to call the hotel directly, not the hotel chain's central reservations 800 number. Of course this wasn't exactly easy to do given the massive damage to electrical grid and communications systems.

In any event, the point of the long-winded paragraph above is to recommend calling the hotel directly.

Assuming this is the hotel located at 17 West 32nd St. , it is now known as The Hotel @ Fifth Ave. Apparently it's no longer affiliated with La Quinta.

I would call to verify your reservation.

I know this isn't a situation of comparable magnitude, but after Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico many people found out that the hotel chains aren't very good at notifying their customers when their hotels won't be honoring reservations. In some cases hotels that were closed for repairs not only failed to notify those with reservations of the closures, they continued to take new reservations they couldn't possibly honor. This went on for months...long after the hotel chains should have been able to get their acts together. The only way to find out the true status of reservations was to call the hotel directly, not the hotel chain's central reservations 800 number. Of course this wasn't exactly easy to do given the massive damage to electrical grid and communications systems.

In any event, the point of the long-winded paragraph above is to recommend calling the hotel directly.

Yes this is the hotel on west 32nd.Contacted LQ customer care. They confirmed the above that it is no longer a la quinta property. She said the new ownership still hasn't taken possession of the property yet but who knows that could have been her way of trying to get me into another LQ property.

The reservations are all in the process of being cancelled by their customer service dept in order of arrival date. So sometime between now and November I should be getting an email confirming the cancellation.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk