Upscale Jazz Cruises?

corpkid

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a place to find a list of upcoming jazz-themed cruises? We have found a few on Celebrity Infinity, but were hoping for something besides the Caribbean (preferably international) and a bit smaller size ship than Infinity. I'm about to just start checking each cruise line's webpage, but was hoping maybe this information was already listed somewhere before I do.

Many thanks!

I haven't heard of anything smaller, but you never know. Have you checked out the Dave Koz cruises? I don't know if that's a smaller ship, but his cruises sell out crazy-fast! You could also contact the charter company that puts on the Smooth Jazz Cruise, Jazz Cruise, and Blue Note at Sea -- to see if they offer anything like that. I can't mention the name here, without violating the rule against naming TA's -- but, I'm sure you've run across them, in your research. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all. I just checked that cruise out and it looks fantastic, however we are in some ironic way taking our first river cruise in July following the same path. Too late to back out now and the Rick Braun cruise is sold out anyways. Something to keep in mind for the future though. Thank you very much.

• Like 1

BLUE NOTE AT SEA 1/26 on infinity Caribbean

Hosted by Marcus MillerRobert GlasperDon Was Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra withWYNTON MARSALISCÉCILE McLORIN SALVANTKurt EllingDavid SanbornTerence Blanchard R+R=NOW Robert Glasper, Terrace Martin, Christian Scott, Derrick Hodge, Taylor McFerrin, Justin Tyson Christian ScottJason MoranJosé JamesCandy DulferKandace SpringsEric Marienthal Music DirectorWycliffe GordonBen WilliamsBilly KilsonNiki HarisAaron ParksLogan RichardsonGeoffrey KeezerDamion ReidVicente ArcherSullivan FortnerFabian AlmazanDavid GinyardAlex HanCharles AlturaNasheet WaitsOscar SeatonTarus MateenLawrence FieldsLuques CurtisCorey FonvilleMalcolm GilAlonzo Bodden ComedianMore To Be

• 2 months later...

I just found your thread and wanted to let you know we went on our 1st SJC this past February. I can't say enough good things about it. More activities each day than you can get to - meaning music choices. While the ship is larger then I think you were hoping for everything worked out very well. Brian Culbertson would hang out in the buffet area and was very approachable. We saw Rich Braun with his wife and so on ... IMO you owe it to yourself to do this cruise just once if you love smooth jazz music. I would call the travel agent who charters the entire ship because they are going to release the 2020 smooth jazz musicians sometime this month.

• Like 1

I just found your thread and wanted to let you know we went on our 1st SJC this past February. I can't say enough good things about it. More activities each day than you can get to - meaning music choices. While the ship is larger then I think you were hoping for everything worked out very well. Brian Culbertson would hang out in the buffet area and was very approachable. We saw Rich Braun with his wife and so on ... IMO you owe it to yourself to do this cruise just once if you love smooth jazz music. I would call the travel agent who charters the entire ship because they are going to release the 2020 smooth jazz musicians sometime this month.

Hi Katie -- good to see you! Globaliser just posted (on the Charter Music Cruises thread) that they will announce the 2020 SJC line-up, dates, etc. on July 23rd! I can hardly wait to see who the featured performers will be! And -- February '19 can't get here fast enough, for me! :cool:

• 1 month later...

We've done The Smooth Jazz Cruise, The Jazz Cruise and Blue Note Jazz Cruise (all by same company) and we loved each of them. I feel the best part is how the artists are out and about on the ship and totally open and expect the fans to hit them up with questions, pic requests and all the rest. Such an open fun experience to be a part of. Definitely different style of Jazz so if you have a certain style you prefer, make sure to check out the artists and they do differ. The company does a great job organizing them. We're heading to the Dave Koz cruise next year so it will be interesting to see how the cruises differ.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 1:22 PM, corpkid said:

Thank you all. I just checked that cruise out and it looks fantastic, however we are in some ironic way taking our first river cruise in July following the same path. Too late to back out now and the Rick Braun cruise is sold out anyways. Something to keep in mind for the future though. Thank you very much.

Rick Braun 2020 River Cruise Arles to Lyon is taking advanced reservations.