Manhattan Cruise Terminal-Are There Bathroom Facilities Before Security

shellyc

Travelling with DH who is post-op and having a little problem with incontinence. We will be driving from NJ. I will prepare

him if necessary. Need to know if there are restrooms right inside the level 2 terminal before security.

We have sailed from NYC pier 88 before but I don't remember.

OP, how are you getting to Pier 88/90 on that day, driving them or getting drop off - by someone, or car service ?

Downstairs or street level, inside the cruise terminal building - before getting to the restricted/exit area (CBP inspection zone for disembarking passengers) - there are restrooms.

I don't remember, like others, seeing them in a conspiucous area upstairs pre-security, sorry.

Might I suggest, contact your cruiseline's access/special needs desk and alert them, and on arrival - ask for help from one of the greeters to show you the line for special needs & accessibility challenge, as it is usually a faster way to get thru security & to getting checked-in. Once done, DH can go to the restroom toward the middle/rear part of the building near the check-in area, where the food/concession is located.

OP, how are you getting to Pier 88/90 on that day, driving them or getting drop off - by someone, or car service ?

Downstairs or street level, inside the cruise terminal building - before getting to the restricted/exit area (CBP inspection zone for disembarking passengers) - there are restrooms.

I don't remember, like others, seeing them in a conspiucous area upstairs pre-security, sorry.

Might I suggest, contact your cruiseline's access/special needs desk and alert them, and on arrival - ask for help from one of the greeters to show you the line for special needs & accessibility challenge, as it is usually a faster way to get thru security & to getting checked-in. Once done, DH can go to the restroom toward the middle/rear part of the building near the check-in area, where the food/concession is located.

Thank you, we have two options, dropped off at street level, or driving and parking at the port. Thanks for the answers. We ordered an ECV from Special Needs At Sea but they put the vehicle in the cabin, so I will have to ask for wheelchair help anyway. Just trying to be prepared.

If you drive and park, you will drive to the upper level, and then take a large elevator to the lower level, and drop your bags with a porter. You will pass a restroom on your right before entering the security line. If you choose not to use it (like my kids), and the line is slow (like ours was), you up can leave the line (one by one in our case), and then get back in. 😂 If you get dropped off, you just drop your bags and enter.

From past experience, on the upper deck (not the parking outside deck) there were always rest rooms in the inner lobby before entering the double doors to the pier and to security.

They were under the seating area which you would take the stairs up. There should be a Female and Male Rest Room on each side.

I too use to hit the John after traveling to the pier. I did also remember rest rooms within the pier itself near the Pier Workers Changing Rooms.

Hope this helps you..

Bon Voyage!

From past experience, on the upper deck (not the parking outside deck) there were always rest rooms in the inner lobby before entering the double doors to the pier and to security.

They were under the seating area which you would take the stairs up. There should be a Female and Male Rest Room on each side.

I too use to hit the John after traveling to the pier. I did also remember rest rooms within the pier itself near the Pier Workers Changing Rooms.

Hope this helps you..

Bon Voyage!

I suspect you're talking about the layout years ago before the cruise terminal was remodeled, or you're mixing and matching the description of where the street level rest rooms are and those on the main level. Please correct me if your experience is from a fairly recent cruise.

I suspect you're talking about the layout years ago before the cruise terminal was remodeled, or you're mixing and matching the description of where the street level rest rooms are and those on the main level. Please correct me if your experience is from a fairly recent cruise.

I am speaking of past experience hoping they kept the previous design accessible to passengers in the Main Lobby of the Upper Terminal for Rest Room usage for Passengers and Non Passengers.

I never mentioned in my description about the street level rest rooms I am not aware of them.

I am aware of your extensive use of the terminal and latest information from your detailed experiences.

Cruise Critics do attempt to assist each other with their experiences.

I work at the Manhattan cruise pier. Pier 88 (mostly NCL) has restrooms on the same level as security, and you can access them prior to getting thru security, or there are also another set of restrooms after you have gone thru security. Pier 90 (mostly Carnival) has restrooms on the security level prior to going thru security, and also after you go thru security. If you go upstairs to sit PRIOR to going thru security, there are no restrooms there--only on the same level as security.

I work at the Manhattan cruise pier. Pier 88 (mostly NCL) has restrooms on the same level as security, and you can access them prior to getting thru security, or there are also another set of restrooms after you have gone thru security. Pier 90 (mostly Carnival) has restrooms on the security level prior to going thru security, and also after you go thru security. If you go upstairs to sit PRIOR to going thru security, there are no restrooms there--only on the same level as security.

Thank you for your input for future reference....

I was stating the rest rooms were in the housing below the sitting area you mentioned.

Edited by BklynBoy8

Travelling with DH who is post-op and having a little problem with incontinence. We will be driving from NJ. I will prepare

him if necessary. Need to know if there are restrooms right inside the level 2 terminal before security.

We have sailed from NYC pier 88 before but I don't remember.

Definitely .I would have a huge problem if there were none available.

I know its ot but OBIT: Marian Wood Meyer, an ‘institution’ at Brooklyn 33rd Council District, dies at 74 | Brooklyn Daily Eagle