Australia school holidays?

Shellbelle28

DH and I typically book our cruise dates so we're traveling while most kids are in school to avoid crowds. We recently booked a 12-day Australia/NZ cruise for the end of January, not giving thought to the different seasons and schedules there. Is it school holiday time?

Each Australian state has its own schedule for school holidays, but in general, the summer school holidays end around January 28th or 29th. You can find the schedule for each state here: https://publicholidays.com.au/school-holidays/

Summer school holidays are similar for NZ, but some schools may not start until the first week of February. See: https://www.education.govt.nz/ministry-of-education/school-terms-and-holidays/#cal2019

Each Australian state has its own schedule for school holidays, but in general, the summer school holidays end around January 28th or 29th. You can find the schedule for each state here: https://publicholidays.com.au/school-holidays/
Thank you. We sail 23 January to 4 February starting in Sydney, ending in Auckland. I have no idea what to expect the age or nationality demographic for this date and itinerary to be! Hopefully we won't have to pretend to be "southern" Canadian, LOL.

Thank you. We sail 23 January to 4 February starting in Sydney, ending in Auckland. I have no idea what to expect the age or nationality demographic for this date and itinerary to be! Hopefully we won't have to pretend to be "southern" Canadian, LOL.

You’ll be pretty safe around then, most kids are back at school late January, a few private schools may not go back till early Feb.

So the demographic is likely to be a bit older.

Who are you sailing with, that’ll let us have a better idea of demographic.

You’ll be pretty safe around then, most kids are back at school late January, a few private schools may not go back till early Feb.

So the demographic is likely to be a bit older.

Who are you sailing with, that’ll let us have a better idea of demographic.

We will be on Norwegian Cruiseline's Jewel.

Shellbelle28,

There will likely to be children on your cruise but not too many. Most states' schools will have resumed by halfway through your cruise. If you were cruising to the South Pacific Islands, there would be more children on board.

There will be probably many nationalities on board.

Leigh

Shellbelle28,

There will likely to be children on your cruise but not too many. Most states' schools will have resumed by halfway through your cruise. If you were cruising to the South Pacific Islands, there would be more children on board.

There will be probably many nationalities on board.

Leigh

It will be very different from our US port departure cruises, I am sure!

Thank you for the school holiday information. We don't hate kids, but for preference try to avoid going at the more family-oriented time frames.

Somehow we have become "those old people" we used to stereotype when we were young party-hearties. Now I want peace and relaxation and to go to bed early [emoji41]