Off topic from fashion.......

Lois R

Lois, have a wonderful time! We are doing Rome to Barcelona next March on Silver Spirit. Our TA got TravelEx insurance for us as my husband has cancer and they did a pre-existing condition policy for us. This is our 5th cruise on SS but our first on the Spirit.

Happy sailing! Hope you hop over to the SS board section.

Melissa

Lois, have a wonderful time! We are doing Rome to Barcelona next March on Silver Spirit. Our TA got TravelEx insurance for us as my husband has cancer and they did a pre-existing condition policy for us. This is our 5th cruise on SS but our first on the Spirit.

Happy sailing! Hope you hop over to the SS board section.

Melissa

Hi Melissa, I have been posting over there since I booked the cruise:)...hope your husband will be ok.:)

• 11 months later...
Hi Melissa, I have been posting over there since I booked the cruise:)...hope your husband will be ok.:)

Hi Lois, I don't know if you check in here much, but it sounds like you have another cruise coming up. Hope that you have a wonderful time & so glad you're doing well enough to travel. Bon Voyage :)

Debbie

Hi Lois, I don't know if you check in here much, but it sounds like you have another cruise coming up. Hope that you have a wonderful time & so glad you're doing well enough to travel. Bon Voyage :)

Debbie

Hi Debbie:)...nope, this thread never took off...…..but that's ok. Nice to see you and yes, I am flying to Venice on Saturday:)

Thanks for the good wishes:)

Looks like nobody has posted on here since last summer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, I haven't been on here much...…...thanks for the kind words.  I did take a cruise this summer from Venice to Nice and it was fantastic:classic_biggrin:

As for the cancer medication...…..yes, I am thankful the pills keep my white count in the good range.  Without the Co-pay plan I am enrolled in I would NEVER be able to afford this medicine.....even with insurance, the only way I am to get them is through the drug company's co-pay plan.  When folks talk about how much $$$$ medicine costs....these pills are over 10 grand per month:classic_wacko:……….luckly, I don't have to pay it. So yes, I am thankful for them but more thankful I am eligible for this plan.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 5:36 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, I haven't been on here much...…...thanks for the kind words.  I did take a cruise this summer from Venice to Nice and it was fantastic:classic_biggrin:

As for the cancer medication...…..yes, I am thankful the pills keep my white count in the good range.  Without the Co-pay plan I am enrolled in I would NEVER be able to afford this medicine.....even with insurance, the only way I am to get them is through the drug company's co-pay plan.  When folks talk about how much $$$$ medicine costs....these pills are over 10 grand per month:classic_wacko:……….luckly, I don't have to pay it. So yes, I am thankful for them but more thankful I am eligible for this plan.

Lois - I haven't been on the cruise fashion boards in a long time, but glad to hear that you are doing well.  We are finally trying Celebrity in April on the Edge ... looking forward to a new adventure.  Take care of yourself and enjoy!  Jan

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Looks like it has been a year since anyone posted on here...…..from one Dec to the following Nov...….

my life has come around.....the good news is I am retiring on Dec 31st...the not so good news, I was just diagnosed

with breast cancer....thankfully it is VERY, VERY small...the Dr said it is like stage 0 but I am having surgery

on Wednesday so if any of you could throw me some good thoughts I would really appreciate it.  Fortunately,

it is out patient surgery and I know logically the news is good in a sense of how small it is but it was still a shock.

So, make sure you go for your yearly mammogram...….that is how they found it.

• Thanks 1

Lois, I’m so sorry to hear about your diagnosis BUT very happy that the prognosis is so positive. I didn’t know that there was a stage 0 or that surgery for this could be done as an outpatient. That is certainly good news and must be reassuring to you. I am sending my best wishes and positive thoughts your way. 

You are so so right to encourage all of us to get our mammograms. Please keep us posted on your recovery.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them very much.:classic_smile:. Yes, the Dr said it is not at stage 1 so it is 0....

He also said it would not change my life so that is definitely a good thing.  Still, I have had my crying moments over

the couple of days. But that is probably normal.

Oh Lois, I can understand that this news would be very upsetting and it’s normal to 

react with tears. It sounds to me that it was caught at the earliest possible stage and your doctor has the experience to know that it can be taken care of without affecting your life. That is such good news! All that said, when you are the one dealing with it, I think it’s human nature to stress out. Try not to let it get the best of you. Besides, you have a lot of traveling ahead so stay positive and soon this will be behind you😊

Sharon

Lois, best of luck to you this week with your surgery. It is a shock to your mind to hear that word, cancer. With all the new procedures (3D mammo, highly recommend, you don't get squished as badly & they can actually see more) diagnoses are sooner with better outcomes. Melody

Thanks so much....surgery was today and the Dr said ALL GOOD:classic_smile:......nothing more positive---which is GREAT.

No cancer cells showing anywhere else----post op visit is Tuesday but just want to say THANK YOU for the prayers

and wishes.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks so much....surgery was today and the Dr said ALL GOOD:classic_smile:......nothing more positive---which is GREAT.

No cancer cells showing anywhere else----post op visit is Tuesday but just want to say THANK YOU for the prayers

and wishes.

Great news, Lois! I can just tell from the tone of your post that you are so relieved! So on to better and happier things. I’ve been out all day and just sat down with a cup of tea and am happy to see that you posted.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Sharon

Hi Sharon, good morning...Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. Appreciate your posts--kind words. Yes, quite a

relief for sure.  You know they give you an ice bag to put around the area....20-30 minutes on...then off, then on...then off.

Only while you are awake of course LOL....I guess after sleeping overnight it caused black and blue to occur--I guess

that would be normal....the ice is supposed to help so that will start this morning. I am guessing it will help with the

pain (not too bad really) and the swelling--it is more that purply--black-blue color.

• Like 1

Lois, great news!  The ice on/off is critical to reduce the swelling. The bruising happens no matter what. I hope you have a wonderful, stress free Thanksgiving. Much to be grateful for. Melody 

56 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, great news!  The ice on/off is critical to reduce the swelling. The bruising happens no matter what. I hope you have a wonderful, stress free Thanksgiving. Much to be grateful for. Melody 

Thanks Melody...….they told me all kinds of things before I was released but I didn't remember anything about

bruising but I guess you are right.....after all, he had to cut......so bruising would be normal.  Can't figure out

the best way for the ice pack though...trial and error. Put a wash cloth on my skin and then the ice pack or

just the ice? Or bra first? Guess whatever feels best...probably everyone has a way that works best.