Celebrity suite on summit questions

junetraveler2014

Brochure sez in memo notes that Millenium class "Summit" has no balcony. Called and was confirmed by Celebrity yet told by past cruisers it does. Does anyone have pics of this. Did they remove them? This is a mystery to us. Leaving june 2014 to Bermuda. Thanks

I have no photographs of Summit but I an assure you that all four Millennium class ships [Millennium, Summit, Infinity and Constellation] Celebrity Suites now have balconies. They were added to the Infinity Celebrity Suite during 2011 and Constellation was the last of the four to have them added earlier this year.

Unfortunately there is still is great deal of outdated information and photographs in circulation.

Sue

Thank you to all for your quick replies. I spoke to Celebrity this am and was told that at the time of print it should have read Constellation (deck schematics show Constellation not having deck) as of print time of the brochure Constellation not upgraded. Now all four Millenium class ships have been upgraded. Again Thanks to all.:)

Thank you to all for your quick replies. I spoke to Celebrity this am and was told that at the time of print it should have read Constellation (deck schematics show Constellation not having deck) as of print time of the brochure Constellation not upgraded. Now all four Millenium class ships have been upgraded. Again Thanks to all.:)

Yes, Connie just got those added in their 2013 April drydock...

an obstructed view. The Future Cruise Rep onboard the Millie in May warned me about selecting cabins next to the new suite because the view would be obstructed by the protruding balcony.

Has anyone stayed in those cabins? Is the view obstructed? I need midship cabins and my cabin selections are more limited now because of that.

thanks everyone:)

Just returned from Summit yesterday. We had a CS on deck 8 and loved it. It was the quietest stateroom we have ever had. It does indeed have a balcony which is very nice. The only slight disappointment is the balcony furniture, two chairs and a table, no foot stools and the chairs do not recline. Other than that, the cabin was lovely and in great shape for an older ship. Also the food in the MDR was excellent, as was the service everywhere on the ship. We loved it.

an obstructed view. The Future Cruise Rep onboard the Millie in May warned me about selecting cabins next to the new suite because the view would be obstructed by the protruding balcony.

Has anyone stayed in those cabins? Is the view obstructed? I need midship cabins and my cabin selections are more limited now because of that.

thanks everyone:)

The rooms next to the Celebrity Suites were always one to avoid because they had a tiny balcony with no privacy from the CS next door. What I do not know, an perhaps someone could enlighten us, is if that aspect has changed with the addition of the balconies to the CS.

Certainly, the view in one direction has always been blocked by the CS and this will only have worsened with the addition of the balcony.

However, on our first cruise we had the first CC balcony after the Sky Suites on the other side of the ship. These are still very central and far enough from the bulge on the other side [the elevators] not to be affected.

Sue

Just returned from Summit yesterday. We had a CS on deck 8 and loved it. It was the quietest stateroom we have ever had. It does indeed have a balcony which is very nice. The only slight disappointment is the balcony furniture, two chairs and a table, no foot stools and the chairs do not recline. Other than that, the cabin was lovely and in great shape for an older ship. Also the food in the MDR was excellent, as was the service everywhere on the ship. We loved it.
Ours did not have footstools either when we first arrived, but we asked our butler for them and they appeared later that day.

We thought the suite was greatly enhanced by the addition of the balcony.

We ate many meals in Blu while we were in the CS and enjoyed dining there too. Often we would compare the Blu menu to the MDR menu to see which looked more appealing before deciding.

The rooms next to the Celebrity Suites were always one to avoid because they had a tiny balcony with no privacy from the CS next door. What I do not know, an perhaps someone could enlighten us, is if that aspect has changed with the addition of the balconies to the CS.

Certainly, the view in one direction has always been blocked by the CS and this will only have worsened with the addition of the balcony.

I would not recommend the rooms with the tiny balconies right beside the Celebrity Suites unless you can get one for the price of an ocean view cabin.

They installed privacy panels so the living room of the CS no longer looks out into the balcony next door and the people on the balcony next door no longer look into the living room of the CS.

However, if you stand out on the end of the balcony of the CS you can look right into the balcony next door and if you are at that position, any people there can also see you, as can people from some of the other balconies further down.

But there is really no reason to be looking in that direction anyway as you have the great, unobstructed views looking outward all around on that curved balcony. It is not deep, but you are protected from rain by the large overhang up above on deck 10.

I would not recommend a CS balcony however for anyone who is planning to sunbathe nude. :D

Archived