Adventure Vs. Jewel Puerto Rico

Hello,

I am interested in booking a roundtrip cruise form Puerto Rico. The options for ships are Adventure or Jewel. We will be travelling as a family with our kids who will be just turning 6 and a 2 1/2 year old at the time. We've only ever taken them on the Oasis and Allure before. We will also have the grandparents with us.

Any opinions on which would be a better ship with small children? I am open to any of PR itineraries.

Thank you!

Jewel has a kiddie pool area with a slide for young children. I believe the children must be potty trained to use the pool on Jewel.

Adventure no longer has a kiddie pool area.

Adventures is a bigger ship and has more to offer than Jewel. However, none of the "extras" that Adventure has such as the skating rink and the Flowrider will be of benefit to your young kids. Jewel is a very nice ship that I'm sure you'll love. Just the fact that it has the kiddie pool should be enough to make your decision easy. If your kids were older (teens) I would strongly recommend the Adventure but given the age of your kids, go with Jewel.

Thank you!

I knew both of these ships do not have the Royal Nursery so this other information is good to go and looks like Jewel will be a better fit.

You're welcome and Bon Voyage!

We were deciding between the two as well and we have teens.

We chose Jewel for the additional port.

It stops in 5 different ports of call ( St Thomas, St Kitts, Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados) with only one day at sea

Adventure has 4 ports of call and 2 days at sea.

We cruise for the ports, so that's why we chose Jewel. Love the excursions!

Maybe with younger children the extra day at sea might be nice?

Both itineraries look amazing!

Edited by son3cruisers

Adventures is a bigger ship and has more to offer than Jewel. However, none of the "extras" that Adventure has such as the skating rink and the Flowrider will be of benefit to your young kids. Jewel is a very nice ship that I'm sure you'll love. Just the fact that it has the kiddie pool should be enough to make your decision easy. If your kids were older (teens) I would strongly recommend the Adventure but given the age of your kids, go with Jewel.

I don't think that Adventure got a flowrider yet. I suspect it will happen at the next dry docking.

I've been on both ships. While there is no doubt that Jewel is a beautiful and elegant ship with lots of windows looking out over the sea, it was absolutely the most boring ship we've ever been on. The shows, lounge performers, activities, entertainment was far below RCI standards.

If you enjoyed Oasis/Allure, especially for their entertainment value, then Adventure would be much closer to that experience than Jewel.

Edited by DonnaK