Norwegian Pearl—Alaska—June 19-26

this is so awesome! Looking forward to more! We sail on the Pearl in 9 weeks!!

Question, do you have to order the menu items the way the come. Like the sides?? or can you substitute sides if you don't like what it comes with.

Daily_D3_P5_zps2ruomkxf.jpg

I also noted the movies that were running on tv.

there were two channels running movies and they would show the title of the movie about to play and what was next.

Everest

Ride Along 2

Daddy's Home

The 5th Wave

Zootopia

Jurassic World

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Ant Man

Finest Hours

Self/Less

Pawn Sacrifice

Concussion

Pixelated

Ricky and the Flash

The Perfect Guy

Interstellar

Bridge of Spies

Creed

Hail Caesar

Pan

Our Brand is Crisis

Goosebumps

Norm of the North

Spectre

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation

Heart of the Sea

Spongebob

Minions

10 Cloverfield Lane

Salem

The 33

Risen

Thank you so much for all the dailies and info and great pictures. I do have a few questions: We're sailing on 7/31 and there is too little info about Pearl, Alaska, non-suite experiences and just general ship info. We're in a balcony on Deck 10. Did you see any shows, magicians, musical acts that stood out? Any particular food you would or would not recommend? How was the weather on your cruise? I plan to bring layers but I'm praying for some sunny days as I really hate rain. What excursions did you do and what did you see? Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your photos, menus, dailies.

I loved the glacier photos and the whale watching.

What did you do in each port? Did you book shore excursions independently or through the ship?

How was the weather?Looks like your glacier day was sunny.

We are sailing August 2017, but trying to find info on Pearl is not easy. We are also on Deck 10.

I look forward to reading more...............

Thank you so much for all the dailies and info and great pictures. I do have a few questions: We're sailing on 7/31 and there is too little info about Pearl, Alaska, non-suite experiences and just general ship info. We're in a balcony on Deck 10. Did you see any shows, magicians, musical acts that stood out? Any particular food you would or would not recommend? How was the weather on your cruise? I plan to bring layers but I'm praying for some sunny days as I really hate rain. What excursions did you do and what did you see? Thanks so much for sharing.

I was in an aft balcony on deck 9, the rooms are small, the bathrooms are tiny, and storage is adequate. Don't get me wrong, the room was fine, my last room on the Pearl was the 2 bedroom suite in the Haven. I only went to the Duo Balskatt, which was excellent. Food is subjective, however, I will say I was happy with the main dining rooms, La Cucina I could have done without. O'Sheehan's was good, although I preferred to order wings off the menu versus the buffet they had set up at noon. The Breaded Cajun Shrimp and Braised Beef Short Ribs were beyond delicious, I seriously wished I ordered another plate. Weather varied from low 50s to low 70s. At glacier bay the wind felt cool off the glacier, but I had on a pullover and a long sleeve t-shirt and was fine. If you take a whale watching excursion it can vary, take a jacket, gloves, and hat.

Juneau - private whale watching with Rum Runners Charter

Skagway - train then bus with Chilkoot Charters (booked independently, cheaper that way) a bear walked right pass my window!

Ketchikan - got a tour from a cabbie, 30 minutes for $35

Victoria - booked last minute NCL Orca excursion

Thanks to the OP for posting so much info. I was also on this cruise but am not a paper saver. We were in 10650 and really liked the location near the aft stairs. Just two floors up to the Garden Cafe and Great Outdoors buffet and just a few decks down to other restaurants. A long walk to the theater in the front though. Most deck 10 balconies have a slight overhang which can protect from rain and some wind. I was in with DH and DS (15) and it is a bit tight - but we have slept in a tent before! Since the fold out sofa blocks the balcony when fully extended we chose to have it made as a shorter bed which was fine for me at 5'2" but always sleeping curled up on my side. Fully stretched out only my feet hung over at the ankles. Even though our amazing steward made it up each day, we appreciate the easier balcony access when the bed was out.

For food, enjoyed most items in the main dining room and found Lotus Garden just ok. Most desserts "lighter" than what we find in U.S. restaurants, but really liked the chocolate volcano. Did not eat much in the buffet due to DS food allergies. Very handy to grab coffee, tea, lemonade and soft serve here though.

I thought the cookies were bad but brownies good.

We had good weather with just a few sprinkles. Some wind and a bit rocky the first night/next sea day. High of 75 in Skagway and 55 in Glacier Bay. On the ship saw people in shorts, jeans, sweatshirts and sometimes dressy clothes and a few brave swimmers. I wore jeans and a short sleeve every day, sometimes adding a cardigan or fleece. Added a medium weight raincoat and gloves for our helicopter trip to glacier. Average temp inside boat around 70 but some chilly breezes near doorways. Bring comfy shoes as you may walk a lot.

We saw the comedy, juggler, cirque style and Legends show. Comedian Tim Kaminski was sooooo funny. Sit in the balcony if you don't want to risk being called up on stage. Hope he is still there. He does two months on and one month off.

I hope to post a review here soon but happy to answer any questions.

T

Thanks to both of your for sharing! I will be on the Pearl on the July 24 sailing--getting very excited! It will be my first cruise (since a blah 3 day Greek Isles cruise as a teen as part of a Europe Tour).

I have some more questions: sharing a mid-ship mini-suite with my two sons (ages 12 and 15). You both commented on rooms being small--is there a little more room to pass around the sofa bed when extended in a mini? Or does the mini only afford more length not width to the room? I am a little worried about us being in such a tight space--we are used to spreading out when we travel. My brother and his wife and my dad will have cabins nearby, so we can spread out during the day at least (or if someone wants to go to sleep early).

I have heard the Pearl can be a loud ship--a lot of activity and noise (a lot of it fun). For those who want/need some quiet time, where are the best quiet areas (other than our own balconies)?

My younger son also has allergies--peanuts and tree nuts. He eats at restaurants and has eaten at some buffets--we always ask about specific items (and would want to avoid pancakes, crepes, etc, or anything made in the same pans as items with nuts). Did you notice a lot of nuts/nut items on the buffet? There will be times when we need to grab a quick(er) meal--I hope this will be possible. I know if I ASK NCL, they will just give a blanket statement that the buffet isn't safe--of course they have to do the CYA--I just hope to get a little more data so I can decide for myself.

Second poster--did your 15-year-old try the teen club? If so, what did he think of it?

Any tips/tricks for getting off the ship quickly in Juneau? I am guessing everyone wants off at the same time with the afternoon arrival time in port.

Favorite spots for glacier viewing?

How early did you get to the shows to get seating?

Was the "good" coffee machine on 11 still there?

Where did you eat lunch on embarkation day, and would you recommend it?

Thanks much--sorry for so many questions!

Edited by lmintzer

I answered what I could below.

Thanks to both of your for sharing! I will be on the Pearl on the July 24 sailing--getting very excited! It will be my first cruise (since a blah 3 day Greek Isles cruise as a teen as part of a Europe Tour).

I have some more questions: sharing a mid-ship mini-suite with my two sons (ages 12 and 15). You both commented on rooms being small--is there a little more room to pass around the sofa bed when extended in a mini? Or does the mini only afford more length not width to the room? I am a little worried about us being in such a tight space--we are used to spreading out when we travel. My brother and his wife and my dad will have cabins nearby, so we can spread out during the day at least (or if someone wants to go to sleep early).

I have heard the Pearl can be a loud ship--a lot of activity and noise (a lot of it fun). For those who want/need some quiet time, where are the best quiet areas (other than our own balconies)? The card room and library come to mind, they are on 12 next to the spa. Spinnaker is good during the day, if there are no events. And if you get the spa pass, the coed area is nice, and the separate men's and women's areas are quiet.

My younger son also has allergies--peanuts and tree nuts. He eats at restaurants and has eaten off breakfast buffets--we would want to avoid pancakes, crepes, etc, if not made in separate pans. Did you notice a lot of nuts/nut items on the buffet? There will be times when we need to grab a quick(er) meal--I hope this will be possible. I know if I ASK NCL, they will just give a blanket statement that the buffet isn't safe--of course they have to do the CYA--I just hope to get a little more data so I can decide for myself.

Second poster--did your 15-year-old try the teen club? If so, what did he think of it?

Any tips/tricks for getting off the ship quickly in Juneau? I am guessing everyone wants off at the same time with the afternoon arrival time in port.

If you have a NCL excursion they will get you off first, for everyone else it's a crapshoot. We made it off by 2:30ish. If people hang out in the stairwell or the lower deck halls the delay is longer.

Favorite spots for glacier viewing?

Your balcony as they turn the boat in slow circles or move around deck 7. I didn't go to any other spots and I got great photos. Will post with my review tomorrow.

Did you need reservations for the shows? not that I'm aware of.

Was the "good" coffee machine on 11 still there?

Thanks much--sorry for so many questions!