Oasis or Vista?? Help can't decide!!

Ok I have read some recent reviews that have not been to favorable for the Oasis but also the new Visa. Wanted to see if anyone has any recent opinions of the Oasis. Thanks!:)

Edited by jlizard

Ok I have read some recent reviews that have not been to favorable for the Oasis but also the new Visa. Wanted to see if anyone has any recent opinions of the Oasis. Thanks!:)

Opinions will vary and are subjective, even from the same cruise. Oasis class has unique design, activities and venues different from any other ships. If price and itinerary were identical, I would choose Oasis. Differences in price or itinerary may make me choose differently.

Edited by njm5378
typo

We sailed the Oasis a couple months ago with no issues at all ~ food, service & entertainment were all good for us ;)

If I had to state a negative the only thing would be that in my opinion they need more bartenders @ busy times/popular locations...but if I have to wait a few mins. to get a drink to help keep my cruise fare in a decent range I will survive :D

Edited by TLC535

We just cruised on Oasis and had a wonderful time but my kids missed having the waterslides. We also thought that the food in the MDR was better on Carnival.It was definitely worth it to experience all that the Oasis has to offer but we are going to try Vista next summer.

Personally, one of the main reasons I have chosen Carnival over Royal in the past was due to the significant price difference. If prices are the same (or even similar) we would always choose Royal. But again, that's because we prefer Royal over Carnival.

Tuff Choice, IMO.

We're going to do both. 1 year apart.

There are attractions on the Vista that aren't on other Carnival ships yet, and DW loves the Cloud 9 spas on Carnival.

DW had an all girls cruise on the Independence OS and loved the whole set up, so she set up an Oasis cruise for us. I'm looking forward to the lap pool and the rock wall and a bar right down the hall on our cabin's deck.

I think one of the things to consider is what you are looking for in a cruise.

The Vista design was focused on bringing things back outdoors and making the sea the center of attention.

The Oasis makes itself more of the focus with its different neighbors and cabins that have views of Central Park or The Boardwalk.

So kind of 2 opposite design philosophies in a way.

We go on Carnival when we want to have fun. Royal is more laid back and is starting to resemble HAL. Realize that 90% of the people on this site are biased and have only cruised RCL. If Matt Mitcham is the cruise director on Vista you're gaurenteed to have a great cruise and be involved

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We go on Carnival when we want to have fun. Royal is more laid back and is starting to resemble HAL. Realize that 90% of the people on this site are biased and have only cruised RCL. If Matt Mitcham is the cruise director on Vista you're gaurenteed to have a great cruise and be involved

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Royal is starting to resemble Hal. Really!! I have not been on any Hal ship so I can only go by what I read. So far I have not read any comments to support your opinion.