Crown Princess, Inside Passage Alaska--Pictorial Blog Review

dz63

Crrown-Princess-nsde-passage_zps6grtq5wn.jpg

I have finally completed what you've all been waiting for (or not)--a pictorial blog of our Alaskan Cruise!

This blog is loaded with photo's and information about our adventures as we cruise along the Inside Passage aboard the Crown Princess, as well as our pre and post cruise Vancouver excursions.

Here is a sneak peak!

Vancouver, Friday, May 6: “My husband and I arrive at the cruise terminal at Canada Place ready to embark on an exciting 1-week, once-in-a-lifetime, Alaskan adventure. . . .We were lead to a large holding room where we were shocked to see thousands and thousands of people sitting among rows and rows and rows of neatly aligned chairs. . . .Little did we know we had just become part of the May 6th embarkation fiasco!”

So, if you are ready to join us on our Alaskan Cruise, click on the link below!

Alaska awaits you!

https://alaskacruisewordpress.wordpress.com/

Inside-Passage-Alaska_zps4dntomaj.jpg

Edited by dz63

• 2 weeks later...

Loved your review & pictures, they are very helpful as we are doing this cruise next year in July, only we'll be on a HAL ship. Sorry you had a bad start. The inside passage is beautiful which we've done on a previous cruise on a trans Pacific.

Allan

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. Sorry I have not been able to respond sooner as our home internet is currently down.

Any questions, I will be happy to answer once our home internet service is repaired and up and running again.

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog. I spent a good part of today and read EVERY...SINGLE...WORD! You are a great writer and your photos were fantastic. We are planning our second cruise to Alaska next May and I am already getting excited!

I feel bad that you encountered so many problems on your cruise...and especially the change in itinerary that messed up so many of your plans and made you miss the inside passage. I do think that your opinion of Princess may be different if you sailed on a non-Alaska cruise. With the cooler weather, people tend to congregate inside and it just seems so much more crowded. On a warm weather cruise the crowds would be outdoors around the pool.

I was surprised at your lack of wildlife sightings...especially since you had a balcony cabin. We did a whale watch tour and another wildlife cruise in Seward, but besides those, we were able to see porpoises, whales, sea otters and eagles from our cabin! We also saw bears 3 different times, sea lions, and a moose up close!

Thanks again for sharing your journey with us. It was an enjoyable read and will be a good resource to many as they plan future trips!

I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading your blog. I spent a good part of today and read EVERY...SINGLE...WORD! You are a great writer and your photos were fantastic. We are planning our second cruise to Alaska next May and I am already getting excited!

I feel bad that you encountered so many problems on your cruise...and especially the change in itinerary that messed up so many of your plans and made you miss the inside passage. I do think that your opinion of Princess may be different if you sailed on a non-Alaska cruise. With the cooler weather, people tend to congregate inside and it just seems so much more crowded. On a warm weather cruise the crowds would be outdoors around the pool.

I was surprised at your lack of wildlife sightings...especially since you had a balcony cabin. We did a whale watch tour and another wildlife cruise in Seward, but besides those, we were able to see porpoises, whales, sea otters and eagles from our cabin! We also saw bears 3 different times, sea lions, and a moose up close!

Thanks again for sharing your journey with us. It was an enjoyable read and will be a good resource to many as they plan future trips!

Thank you AryMay for your uplifting compliments. Yes, it is true we did not see much wildlife sightings. Considering flightseeing bear viewing tours was not yet offered this early in the season and since it was too early to see the salmon spawning, I guess contributed to why the bears were a little harder to spot!

Enjoy your Alaskan cruise next May and hopefully your ship will depart on time so that you can experience everything you planned on!

Really enjoyed reading your report. I have a trip planned for next May, and your report -- and especially all the photos--make me even more anxious for next May to arrive! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing!

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am glad you found the photo's helpful. Enjoy your cruise next May!

• 2 months later...

Wow! What a fantastic review of your cruise. Great information, descriptions and pictures!

My family will be going on our first Alaskan cruise next August on the Carnival Legend. We have a similar itinerary to yours and loved reading about all of the things you did and saw.

Wow! What a fantastic review of your cruise. Great information, descriptions and pictures!

My family will be going on our first Alaskan cruise next August on the Carnival Legend. We have a similar itinerary to yours and loved reading about all of the things you did and saw.

Thank you so much for your glowing compliments. I appreciate you taking the time to read through my whole blog and for taking the time to share your thoughts.

We have sailed on the Carnival Legend before--on an exotic Western Caribbean itinerary. It is a smaller ship than the Crown Princess.

Have fun planning your upcoming Alaskan cruise for next August!