Summer 2017 Ferry Schedule Now Available !

njhorseman

Effective April 24, 2017 through October 29, 2017.

Offhand it appears to be about the same as last summer's schedule, but I can't locate my copy, so I'm just relying on memory:

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/BMOC/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202017.pdf

Note: NCLH (NCL, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas) passengers should have their own private ferry running between Dockyard and St. George starting some time in April. As of yet I haven't see anything about scheduling, and it's possible that information may not be published by any Bermudian sources, so hopefully an early season NCLH passenger will be able to post the schedule when that service starts.

Edited by njhorseman

Your memory is still good, but there were a number of adjustments to the Orange Route departure times from the Dockyard and from St George's. The changes were for 15 minutes for the departures; nothing that I would consider significant unless you didn't have the current year schedule.

SBtS

We will be docked on Wednesday, May 24th which is Bermuda Day, a national holiday. Does anyone know of any ferry schedule changes for that day? We thought we might go to Hamilton to see the parade. Thanks

Yes, there will be modifications to the ferry schedule, but they won't announce exactly what they are until very close to the holiday. Service to Hamilton runs 365 days a year, but on a Holiday it might very well be the Sunday schedule in use.

FYI: according to Bernews.com, this was the ferry schedule for May 24 Bermuda Day LAST YEAR in 2016--I assume it will be the same this year.

Holiday Ferry Schedule For Bermuda Day

May 19, 2016 | 0 Comments

The Department of Marine and Ports Services has posted a notice of the holiday ferry schedule for Bermuda Day on May 24.

A Government spokesperson said, “Blue Route: operating on the weekday schedule between Hamilton and Dockyard as of 7:10am from Hamilton, with the last departure from Hamilton at 8:30pm

“Orange Route: operating on the Monday schedule between Dockyard & St. George’s as of 8:15am from Dockyard, with the last departure from St. George’s at 5:30pm and returning from Dockyard at 6:30pm

“Pink Route: operating on the Public Holiday Schedule between Hamilton, Paget & Warwick as of 10am from Hamilton, with the last departure at6pm. An additional service departing Belmont at 1:15pm & Darrell’s Wharf at 1:20pm.

“Green Route: there will be no regular ferry services to or from Rockaway, Cavello Bay and Watford Bridge. Ferries will transport marathon participants direct to Watford Bridge, departing Hamilton at 7:30am. Our regular scheduled ferry departing Hamilton to Dockyard at7:10am will also transport participants to Watford Bridge after Dockyard.”

Is King's Wharf the same as what is listed as Dockyard Wharf on the map?

There are two adjacent cruise ship piers at the Royal Naval Dockyard, Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf.

People and even cruise lines often incorrectly use the names "Dockyard " and "Kings Wharf" interchangeably because originally the only cruise ship pier there was Kings Wharf.