Nov 21 and Nov 24 Edge Preview Cruises Canceled

vtcruising

Posted this on the Edge sub-forum, but I'm not sure everyone reads those threads and there may be some people affected who read the main forum so will also post here.

I got a call today from Celebrity today saying that the Nov 21 and 24 Edge preview cruises that I had booked were both canceled. I didn't get to the phone in time and had to run to a doctor's appointment so I put a hold on the Dec 1 and Dec 6 preview cruise cabins and then ran to the appointment. When I came back and logged into Celebrity, all the preview cruises were gone from the website! I looked at the Dec 9th Inaugural cruise for availability and then called the redeployment number. Lisa was excellent and very helpful. She said they took the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises off the website temporarily while they worked to get the Nov 21 and 24 people rebooked.

I am booked for the Dec 1 and 6 preview cruises in the same suites. The prices were slightly cheaper so saved about $250 on the 2 cruises plus received $200 OBC for each cruise. We will receive up to $250 per person for airline changes. There will be two nights in between the two three night cruises so we will hopefully visit friends or family.

They said the reason they canceled those two cruises is because the ship was sailing in on Nov 21st and they realized that they needed time in FLL to sort things out with the ship in port (heard the same thing from 2 different people). That extra week will be used to do what they need to do in FLL before passengers embark. That's the story, anyway.

I was nervous these cruises would end up being chartered so wasn't totally surprised, but I really wish they had thought of this before - 7 months before the cruise is short notice - I had just booked the airline and dog sitter and switched time at work.

Oh well, as long as I get to sail the Edge, I will be happy and my family will be happy to have us here for Thanksgiving. I just hope I can change my schedule around again at work.

I do feel bad for those who planned around other cruises, etc. Good luck to those who are rearranging things. I hope it all works out!

Here is the direct redeployment number. I spoke with Lisa and she was very kind and sympathetic. I wouldn't want her job! :D 1-888-281-9343

Crisis averted, at least for now! I think I need a glass of wine now.....;)

Sorry to hear as I got that disappointing call for the 12/3 sailing (at least it does sound like you made out okay as did we :)). I looked at the 12/1 sailing that evening and it was all guarantee rooms (took me a few minutes process how a 12/1 and 12/3 three day cruise were available at the same time until I realized the 12/1 was "new"!!) A couple of days later cabins opened up so guessing they were trying to rebook 12/1 passengers first. Definitely had to modify plans as the Edge sailing is surprise for my DH followed by a previously booked Infinity sailing. Had to do some shuffling and a couple of extra days in Ft Lauderdale but he'll be none the wiser! He's usually along for the ride so a "story" about our vacation plans will hopefully pan out and get him there :D Happy sailing!

Sorry to hear as I got that disappointing call for the 12/3 sailing (at least it does sound like you made out okay as did we :)). I looked at the 12/1 sailing that evening and it was all guarantee rooms (took me a few minutes process how a 12/1 and 12/3 three day cruise were available at the same time until I realized the 12/1 was "new"!!) A couple of days later cabins opened up so guessing they were trying to rebook 12/1 passengers first. Definitely had to modify plans as the Edge sailing is surprise for my DH followed by a previously booked Infinity sailing. Had to do some shuffling and a couple of extra days in Ft Lauderdale but he'll be none the wiser! He's usually along for the ride so a "story" about our vacation plans will hopefully pan out and get him there :D Happy sailing!

Glad you were able to rebook! Your husband and mine would get along well. I almost didn't tell him about all the drama this afternoon. I do all the planning and he just shows up with a suitcase when I tell him it is time to go. :D

Glad you were able to rebook! Your husband and mine would get along well. I almost didn't tell him about all the drama this afternoon. I do all the planning and he just shows up with a suitcase when I tell him it is time to go. :D

Such a familiar song! :D:D:D Hopefully we can say hello on 12/1! Fingers crossed!

OP, I am so glad that you will still be able to review Edge for those of us who are cruising a few months after you do...cannot wait to hear all about it. Also, I am happy that things worked out for you, even though it took more planning. You did a great job taking things in stride!

OP, I am so glad that you will still be able to review Edge for those of us who are cruising a few months after you do...cannot wait to hear all about it. Also, I am happy that things worked out for you, even though it took more planning. You did a great job taking things in stride!

Thanks! I was able to get the same aft S1 on deck 11 so will send out photos as soon as I can. So excited!