Best Drinks on the Ship

rrjoy11

sorry about jumping in on our favorite drinks, but can someone tell me do they have coolers on the ship, or is it just beer wine and mixed drinks. Im leaving in 9 days for the destiny and im sure going to need a nice drink when i get on. If not keep posting those drinks so i can figure out what is in them so i can try try try..

THANK YOU!!! I have been looking since April for this recipe!! I saw one of the servers bring this drink to a guest sitting in the row in front of me. It looked so good I had to ask about it and ended up ordering one. It was wonderful but sadly it was the last night of our cruise. I'm going to make sure I order it earlier and often on the next cruise ..ya know just to make sure it's exactly the way I remembered ;)

I think the Kiss on the Lips is strawberry and mango...all I know is I love them!!

Mango is right but no strawberry and it's incredible. I've started making them at home and love them. I think Carnival is making me a lush!

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom

...and you can bet I will be doing just that on the Splendor on October 18th! Thanks for the recipe as well. And, my curiosity is definitely intrigued...what's in a Twighlight Zone...I think I had one, but can't remember the ingredients?

Wow alot of them drink's sound really good :eek: :D,i also would like to know what's in a Twilight Zone.As for my DW she like's pina colada's,and jager shot's,those really get her going:D.And as for me i really only drink Corona's,vodka and cranberry.Hey you know what's funny not really anyone on here has listed a non-alcoholic drink,lol:D.Keep all the good drink's coming.;)

THANK YOU!!! I have been looking since April for this recipe!! I saw one of the servers bring this drink to a guest sitting in the row in front of me. It looked so good I had to ask about it and ended up ordering one. It was wonderful but sadly it was the last night of our cruise. I'm going to make sure I order it earlier and often on the next cruise ..ya know just to make sure it's exactly the way I remembered ;)

You're welcome! hehe I too was looking ever since I got back from our honeymoon cruise! i LOVE LOVE LOVE those things! I make different DOD's at home, fill them in a Carnival glass, and just play pretend! :-)

Wow alot of them drink's sound really good :eek: :D,i also would like to know what's in a Twilight Zone.

Twilight Zone (from the Carnival Cocktails book)

1 fl oz Bacardi Light Rum

1/2 fl oz De Kuyper-Melon Liqueur

1 1/2 fl ozs Coconut Cream

5 ozs crushed ice

Float De Kuyper - Blue Curacao

Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into glass and float the blue curacao over the top. (Some of the bartenders swirl the blue curacao around the glass.) Stick an umbrella with a slice of pineapple and a cherry.

Just had one 2 nights ago on the Paradise. YUM!!! :D

Also good are the Lime Daiquiris (we get multiples of them at the captain's party) and the Miami Vice.

I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I've found that as "geezerhood" approaches it makes me sleepy!!!! Ah, but I've a lot of "good old days" behind me, for sure..... If y'all were old enough, I'd tell you some storiess..................

Anyway. Being a scotch lover, neat or on the rocks and loving good vodka icy cold with lemon....I'm not big on frou-frou drinks at all. About the only mixed drinks I enjoy is Campari and soda with lime or Tangueray Gin and tonic....

However, it's been a 25 year tradition that, upon boarding, I park at the bar in the Atrium and order a double yellowbird.....and "put an umbrella" in it..... Yummmm.....it really feels like a cruise then cause a ship is the only place I ever drink them...and they are delish.

I also admit to having a passion for the Pina Coladas at the Holland House lobby bar in St. Maarten...the very best I've ever tasted and can knock

back quite a few after feasting on the incredible lobster salad at Antoines......followed immediately by hitching a ride on the water taxi back to the ship for a nice long nap.

Not a beer drinker at all...unless I'm having ribs..then like a big glass of Sam Adams to clean my palate. However, cold, cold Red Stripe in Jamaica, sitting on the open deck overlooking the sea at my favorit "jerk Joint" near the pier is unforgettable....

And a couple of Pacifico's in Cancun, Cozumel or the Central American ports - very good beer, very satisfying.

Doncha love cruising? It takes you totally out of your element and can turn you into another "you" so easily.:o

I'm not much of a drinker anymore. I've found that as "geezerhood" approaches it makes me sleepy!!!! Ah' date=' but I've a lot of "good old days" behind me, for sure..... If y'all were old enough, I'd tell you some storiess..................

Anyway. Being a scotch lover, neat or on the rocks and loving good vodka icy cold with lemon....I'm not big on frou-frou drinks at all. About the only mixed drinks I enjoy is Campari and soda with lime or Tangueray Gin and tonic....

However, it's been a 25 year tradition that, upon boarding, I park at the bar in the Atrium and order a double yellowbird.....and "put an umbrella" in it..... Yummmm.....it really feels like a cruise then cause a ship is the only place I ever drink them...and they are delish.

I also admit to having a passion for the Pina Coladas at the Holland House lobby bar in St. Maarten...the very best I've ever tasted and can knock

back quite a few after feasting on the incredible lobster salad at Antoines......followed immediately by hitching a ride on the water taxi back to the ship for a nice long nap.

Not a beer drinker at all...unless I'm having ribs..then like a big glass of Sam Adams to clean my palate. However, cold, cold Red Stripe in Jamaica, sitting on the open deck overlooking the sea at my favorit "jerk Joint" near the pier is unforgettable....

And a couple of Pacifico's in Cancun, Cozumel or the Central American ports - very good beer, very satisfying.

Doncha love cruising? It takes you totally out of your element and can turn you into another "you" so easily.:o[/quote']

What a nice post G'ma. Your way with words made me want to indulge.

Archived