Fort Lauderdale Port Hotels

newcruisercw

We are first time cruisers sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Want to book hotel near cruise port for one night before cruise. Found many hotels on expedia but not sure which area of Fort Lauderdale is close to the port? Any suggestions for nice hotels close to port and easy access to sites in Ft. L before cruise.......thank you

We are first time cruisers sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Want to book hotel near cruise port for one night before cruise. Found many hotels on expedia but not sure which area of Fort Lauderdale is close to the port? Any suggestions for nice hotels close to port and easy access to sites in Ft. L before cruise.......thank you

We are booked at the Hyatt Place which provides an airport shuttle, a pier shuttle and breakfast. Very close to the pier and good size rooms. Starbucks in the lobby for good coffee. Got $80 rate just before Christmas. I am also from the Toronto area.

As a lot of us have said many times before.

It is hard to beat the Embassy Suites, or Holiday Inn Express Convention Center located on

17th street.

Both are 10 minutes from the airport, and 10 minutes to the port.

Lots of places to eat, liquor stores, Ross for Less store, Drug Stores, and "Sun Trolley"

stops along the way.

You want the SE17th Street hotels. They're less than 10 minutes from FLL and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades with dozens of restaurants, shops, grocery, drug, & liquor stores, water taxi, Sun Trolley, all within easy walking distance...

Embassy Suites... http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/FLLSOES-Embassy-Suites-Fort-Lauderdale-th-Street-Florida/index.do

Renaissance... http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllbr-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-hotel/

Hilton Marina... http://www.fortlauderdalemarinahotel.com/

Holiday Inn Express Convention Center... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hotel/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Hyatt Place... http://ftlauderdaleairport.place.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/place/index.jsp

I agree about staying along the 17 St Causeway. Short ride from airport and to cruise port. Convenient to shopping and low cost or free transportation with the sun trolley. We stayed at the HIX last year and next year we are going to try out the Hyatt Place since it has a pool.

Hands down Embassy Suites! You get a cocktail reception every evening and a free full breakfast in the morning. The rooms are great and comfy. The pool area is gorgeous with a very cool waterfall.

We are doing a pre and post cruise stay there in November! We stayed at ES in 2007 and it was lovely! There's plenty of shope in a small mall behind the hotel with a Publix, liquor store and nice restaurants. It's the perfect area for us.

Judy

We are booked at the Hyatt Place which provides an airport shuttle, a pier shuttle and breakfast. Very close to the pier and good size rooms. Starbucks in the lobby for good coffee. Got $80 rate just before Christmas. I am also from the Toronto area.

Where did you get the $80 rate? Did you bid on Priceline? Best I could find was around $200! I'd appreciate the info. Thanks.

We're booked in the Hilton Marina for our Oct cruise. Does anyone know anything about this? We stayed last year at the Bahia Mar and all I can say about that is 'don't'. Terrible place.

The Hilton Marina is a nice hotel - it is a little further walk to the 17th street restaurants, but still a nice place.

Ron

TrentS,

We are booked at the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers in Ft Lauderdale for our January cruise. I have a crazy low rate because my brother works for Marriott. I know a lot of it is time share, but is it a nice hotel still? We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on the beach this year and it was really nice. We asked and receive a complimentary upgrade when we got there, so we got a suite. So is the BeachPlace Towers as nice as the Courtyard by Marriott? Any info you have would be great! Thanks in advance. Oh one more thing, I know it is just a little farther down than the Courtyard, but is there plenty of restaurants by there as well? By the way we are not going to be in the villas, just a regular guest room.

Sue

Well the Courtyard was recently gutted to bare concrete and completely rebuilt so it's like a brand new hotel... I haven't been in the rooms at Marriott Beach Place in a long time, so I can't help you there, but they do seem to keep the place up very well and if I remember correctly it was renovated within the last couple of years. It's going to be a bit of a different experience than a regular hotel in that it's primarily a time share property, but it sounds like you know about that.

Yes there are many many restaurants in and near Beach Place, it's in the middle of everything on the beach. There are several restaurants along the beach just south of there, and this complex is attached to the Marriott... http://www.galleryatbeachplace.com/

TrentS,

We are booked at the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers in Ft Lauderdale for our January cruise. I have a crazy low rate because my brother works for Marriott. I know a lot of it is time share, but is it a nice hotel still? We stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on the beach this year and it was really nice. We asked and receive a complimentary upgrade when we got there, so we got a suite. So is the BeachPlace Towers as nice as the Courtyard by Marriott? Any info you have would be great! Thanks in advance. Oh one more thing, I know it is just a little farther down than the Courtyard, but is there plenty of restaurants by there as well? By the way we are not going to be in the villas, just a regular guest room.

Sue

they are 2 totally different concepts....there will be plenty of places to eat at Beach Place.

IMO it isn't as nice as it is ALWAYS crowded and the staff, on the times I've been there, have been rather rude. (I am a Platinum Premier.)

It's probably fine though since you seemingly are getting a cheap rate....but I prefer the CY or Harbour Beach.....

Archived