Yeah, where is Rev. Neal?

suse

Soon, Brian. Very soon. I know I'm looking forward to it, too. I get to check off another continent, and (finally!) have a chance to ride a camel. Yippee!

That is awesome, Ruth! I don't think I could manage climbing up on a camel!

Before you go, I wish you'd come over for a visit...Richard & Heather are due to arrive for a visit next Sunday! I'm so excited!!!

Before you go, I wish you'd come over for a visit...Richard & Heather are due to arrive for a visit next Sunday! I'm so excited!!!

With my joints I'm not sure I can get up there, either. And if I do, then I gotta get down!

Have a great visit with Richard and Heather. I hope the weather for them is as nice as it was this week (at least where I am).

I can't get there this year (I committed to driving a patient daily until I leave), but it's an idea for next year!

With my joints I'm not sure I can get up there, either. And if I do, then I gotta get down!

Have a great visit with Richard and Heather. I hope the weather for them is as nice as it was this week (at least where I am).

I can't get there this year (I committed to driving a patient daily until I leave), but it's an idea for next year!

I would love it if you would come visit next year, Ruth! That would be wonderful. I hope the weather is great too...so far, so good! :)

He's been pretty absent lately, what's up, huh?:confused:

He's posted a bit lately; but I think he's mainly been quite busy, including a church conference. I'm guessing he'll be back around shortly.

:)

As Jim says, I've been busy ... but thanks for asking.

No, it's not been the Annual Conference that has kept me busy ... that was in June. Since then I've been busy with church duties, teaching, getting ready for St. Stephen's 50th Anniversary as a congregation, and getting ready for my late October trip to Rome and subsequent Western Med and Transatlantic Cruise. I've also been busy doing research for my next book. Busy busy ... keeps me out of trouble (so to speak).

Again, thanks for asking. :D

Ruth and inlady1 Sheila, hi it's lettienets here!

I have done two camel rides.

On one, the camels were bowed down on their knees and there were two seats, one on either side of the hump. A guide helps you get on the seats and then the camel gets up.

The other camel I got on, there was a staircase that took you to the level of the camel's hump and you got on a saddle. You got off onto to same landing.

:D Getting someone (not accustomed to it) up on a camel is an absolute scream.

We were in Tangiers and decided to take camel rides. Picture the rider facing the camel with two 'handlers' behind literally pushing up the rider's BEHIND. We were roaring with laughter for those brave enough to risk having a photo taken of the experience.

DH was a far better sport than me. He agreed to getting on the smelly beast but I declined. ;)

Yes.....like adding me onto your trip!:D

Hmmmm ... well, Nathan ... there's not going to be much room in the luggage for your to hide out. :) Not for 18 ship-days plus another 5 in Rome. :D But, if you want to go they still have cabin availability in all categories. The prices are REAL good ($1299 per person for an inside cabin). ;)

:D Getting someone (not accustomed to it) up on a camel is an absolute scream.

We were in Tangiers and decided to take camel rides. Picture the rider facing the camel with two 'handlers' behind literally pushing up the rider's BEHIND. We were roaring with laughter for those brave enough to risk having a photo taken of the experience.

DH was a far better sport than me. He agreed to getting on the smelly beast but I declined. ;)

*LOL* And you missed a great photo op like that? :)

Peter O' Toole was on Johnny Carson one night years ago talking about his experiences with camels while making Lawrence of Arabia .

He said they were pretty nasty tempered animals that bit and kicked and would throw you off of them.

He said they also spit and perform other bodily functions in large amounts and usually aim at people.

As he put it . 'One of the most disgusting creatures God put on this earth next to agents and studio heads *LOL*" :)

sail7seas,

Oh, your comments brought back memories. My first camel ride I did not get centered on the camel so they brought it back down for me to shift position. Well, unfortunately I was assigned a "delinquent" camel who apparently wanted to give an "old lady" a hard time. Before I could shift position the camel stood up, this went on for 6 tries, they just could not hold it down long enough and believe me they tired. Well, I was laughing so hard they took me off the camel. I just could not face the "rock and roll" experience of the camel getting up and down any more so I passed on the experience that time.

Soon, Brian. Very soon. I know I'm looking forward to it, too. I get to check off another continent, and (finally!) have a chance to ride a camel. Yippee!

I wish I were there to see you ride that camel - I'd like to get a video of you and Adele singing "On the Road to Morocco"...

(I'm sure you know the words - If not, just click the link above...)

;)

I wish I were there to see you ride that camel - I'd like to get a video of you and Adele singing "On the Road to Morocco"...

I know you would be discrete in your filming.

(I'm sure you know the words - If not, just click the link above...)

;)

I know the words pretty well, but have never sung it. The semi-spoken part, describing "Morocco bound" would get tricky. I hear the Rosemary Clooney version often.

And I most certainly did watch the link. :p

I know you would be discrete in your filming.
Can you say that about me??? We're on the same tour with Adele and Em. We're not planning on riding the camels ourselves, but we thought watching them would be fun. ;) My camera does take video (and audio).....

Can you say that about me??? We're on the same tour with Adele and Em. We're not planning on riding the camels ourselves, but we thought watching them would be fun. ;) My camera does take video (and audio).....

MaryEllen--

I can't wait to see your video of the camel riders...

Hope you and Karl are doing well!

:)

I vividly remember my camel ride. I was a kid (10-12 yrs old) and Mom, Dad and brothers decided to take a camelback ride when we were in Libya. I was helped aboard by the beast's owner and then the camel rose from a crouching position. Then he suddenly decided to go back down. His head and neck went down and I slid down his neck and over his head. And he bit me in the hinderbinder as I cleared his nose! What a tragedy that was! Had a scar in a secret place for many years. ----Penny

• 1 year later...

I've never met a camel I didn't like. (I did avoid meeting Zeybek, a wrestling camel about whom I had been warned.)

Once in southern Turkey, I had crouched down to look at some embroidery work a young woman was doing in preparation for her wedding and an adolescent female camel decided to rest her head on my shoulder for a while. It was so heavy, I could only free myself by falling over to the side.

Anyone who feeds a camel a few watermelon rinds will have a steadfast friend.

Archived