Photos of HAL Staterooms/Cabins

IRL_Joanie

Hi Swami Joanie!

Thanx again for all your hard work on this site - it is truly a treasure trove! Unfortunately, no photos of 2707 on the Main Deck of the lovely Amsterdam. I'm going back to Alaska again this year (YAY!) but this time leaving DH at home to Piper-sit (our Springer puppy:D) and taking my dear sweet niece and her boyfriend, so we had to get a cabin that slept atleast three. Found 2707 that sleeps four, near the aft of the Main Deck, which I understand again has that wonderful little "secret" deck on the aft. Have seen photos of 4 passenger cabins on other ships, but none on the A that I could find. Any ideas of which of those cabins on other ships (Volendam, I believe was one) that might be similar? And any idea if the sofa bed is comfortable, or should we bite the bullet and use the one pull down bed (which doesn't look like it is comfortable or convenient to me:o). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girl, you're the best!

BTW - I noticed you are sailing with our dear friends Rhodi and LVSue on the Zuiderdam this Sept. Lucky you! They are good folks, so much fun, you're going to enjoy them! Wish they were sailing with us again!

Hi Swami Joanie!

Thanx again for all your hard work on this site - it is truly a treasure trove! Unfortunately, no photos of 2707 on the Main Deck of the lovely Amsterdam. I'm going back to Alaska again this year (YAY!) but this time leaving DH at home to Piper-sit (our Springer puppy:D) and taking my dear sweet niece and her boyfriend, so we had to get a cabin that slept atleast three. Found 2707 that sleeps four, near the aft of the Main Deck, which I understand again has that wonderful little "secret" deck on the aft. Have seen photos of 4 passenger cabins on other ships, but none on the A that I could find. Any ideas of which of those cabins on other ships (Volendam, I believe was one) that might be similar? And any idea if the sofa bed is comfortable, or should we bite the bullet and use the one pull down bed (which doesn't look like it is comfortable or convenient to me:o). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girl, you're the best!

BTW - I noticed you are sailing with our dear friends Rhodi and LVSue on the Zuiderdam this Sept. Lucky you! They are good folks, so much fun, you're going to enjoy them! Wish they were sailing with us again!

As close as I can see via photos and deck plans, the closest stateroom photos might possibly be G 2606 on the Zaandam: http://abqreunion2008.com/Zaandam/Deck-2.html Keep in mind that it is not a triple or quad so ....

IF you do end up with having to use the bunk, have the steward make the foot of the bed up as the head instead. That way it will be less dangerous to your head and other body parts:)

Also, from all accounts only one review has given any of the sofa beds bad reviews. The one was due to slats breaking.

Yeah, we are on the same cruise and already looking at our M&G and Verandah parties and sail aw3ays and... well ya got's do picture:) :)

Wish i could give you photos of 2707 but....

Joanie

Looking at the side by side Chart for the Prinsendam Decks, I cannot see how anyone could hear noise from the Jogging track as there are no staterooms under it:confused:

Here is the Side By Side Chart for Prinsendam (as you can see the jogging track is over the Lido Mid Ship Pool area and the Lido Restaraunt itself Not over any staterooms. The Only thing over the staterooms on the Sports deck is the sky:) http://abqreunion2008.com/Prinsendam/Prinsendam-Compare-Stateroom-Decks.jpg

I think you made a great choice!! Let me add here that Lido or Sports Deck, either looks to be a good place to be:)

Joanie

thanks to both of you. there were some reviews where people complained about the smell of the bbq from the terrace grill and hearing people on the jogging track. I'm serious. When I looked at their rooms they were on the Lido deck. They also said they would never book a deluxe verandah on the Prisendam again. (scary thought.

anyways, taking it to heart, I moved to the sports deck. I didn't want to make a mistake on this 20 day cruise. what the heck, I'm next to the penthouse, maybe the upsell fairy will move me there?

I do enjoy our balcony and with 7 days at sea (or 8 if we don't tender at HMC), I didn't want to make a mistake in this all important selection.

thanks for your help. :)

thanks to both of you. there were some reviews where people complained about the smell of the bbq from the terrace grill and hearing people on the jogging track. I'm serious. When I looked at their rooms they were on the Lido deck. They also said they would never book a deluxe verandah on the Prisendam again. (scary thought.

anyways, taking it to heart, I moved to the sports deck. I didn't want to make a mistake on this 20 day cruise. what the heck, I'm next to the penthouse, maybe the upsell fairy will move me there?

I do enjoy our balcony and with 7 days at sea (or 8 if we don't tender at HMC), I didn't want to make a mistake in this all important selection.

thanks for your help. :)

Glad to be of service Jacqui:)

Joanie

Thank you Joanie - will check that out. And for the advice about the overhead bunk - genius! Even tho my niece has offered to take the upper bunk if the sofa bed isn't comfy, I would never have thought about the person below and how her getting up and down might affect them. Yikes!:eek: Will give that serious thought once we actually get in the cabin and check out the comfort of the sofa bed. We're all three campers though, and used to tight quarters and uncomfortable cots w/sleeping bags, so I think we'll do just fine! Again, thank you!

Just to say thanks - I have been hunting for the Prisendam dining room plan high and low and then thought, wait, I'll check your site.

And there it was. There is so much excellent info here for everyone. :):)

Thank you again:):):)

Edited by kazu

Joanie ..I am sailing on Feb 4th is there anything you forgot to get an image of I doubt it that you would like to have I'll take it for you..

I want everything:)

I was unable to get any really good photos of the Show Room At Sea....

Also, all of the photos I took of the Public Areas had Christmas Decorations. I'd like to have photos of everywhere without those. The Spa, including Fitness Center, Thermal Suit, Sauna (can;t remember if there is one)... and anything else you can think of:)

And Staterooms!!! Specifically, if you can the Penthouse, Interior Staterooms, Ocean View Staterooms, Heck all categories that you can get, I'd be deeply grateful!!!!!

OH, Need a favor of you PLEASE?????

Can you go to the Front Desk and ask Analiza if she has received my email?? She is such a sweety and asked me to email her, but I have heard nothing from her, so am worried. Give her my email address again irl_joanie@yahoo.com and tell her I think about her all the time.

Joanie

Just to say thanks - I have been hunting for the Prisendam dining room plan high and low and then thought, wait, I'll check your site.

And there it was. There is so much excellent info here for everyone. :):)

Thank you again:):):)

You are very welcome. I try to get everything in one place for easy access:)

Joanie

We will be in an inside cabin on the Ryndam TA. I notice that cabins K548 & K549 are larger than others. However, they back up to the stairwell & could be noisy. I would love the extra space since there are three of us but not if it is noisy. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Ruth

We will be in an inside cabin on the Ryndam TA. I notice that cabins K548 & K549 are larger than others. However, they back up to the stairwell & could be noisy. I would love the extra space since there are three of us but not if it is noisy. Your input will be greatly appreciated. Ruth

Ruth, Not sure if you've seen the phtos and description of K 548 but they are here if you want to see and read: http://abqreunion2008.com/Ryndam/Deck-5.html

I think these are from 2010, but I cannot remember for sure (I normally note the date, but did not on these). Sorry.

No mention of noise so I cannot help you with that question either.

Joanie

I've stayed in an equavalent cabin on all the R-class ships; never on the S-class, though.

On the R-class ships, my cabin was truly larger than the other insides. It doesn't just "feel" larger due to the different configuration, it really is larger. My cabin had passageway on two sides, a staircase on the third side, and a steward passageway on the fourth side. I never heard any noise from any direction.

A few things to know about this cabin:

First, the door opens directly into the room, with no privacy curtain. Be careful entering if someone is likely to be asleep, or not fully dressed!

Second, the bathroom door opens directly into the room. When you turn on the light in the middle of the night, it shines right into the entire room. Bring a flashlight, or use a nightlight in there instead.

Third, when the twin beds are separate, you can't open the drawers under them, as there isn't enough room between the foot of the bed and the desk/couch. If the beds are together, you can open the drawers, but it's a tight squeeze getting by the desk/couch. Pass-able, but tight.

This is my favorite inside cabin configuration on all the S- and R-class ships.

Thanks so very much, Ruth. You told me what I wanted to hear. I'll let you know how it works out for us when we get back home. Ruth L.

You're very welcome. Hope it works out great for you---I'll be looking forward to reading what you have to say!

Ok Everyone, it is by NO means complete or even 1/10 of the way to being complete, but, that said....

Here is the link to the my HAL Staterooms and Cabins Web Pages:

http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/

Joanie

Joanie, I am having trouble now getting any pictures off your web site. I know last year I was able to, so obviously I am doing something wrong. I am particularly interested in pictures of the SS balconies that are adjacent to the "corner/angled balconies". I wanted to see just how private they really were. Can you tell me ,once I have clicked on a ship what I do next to see real pictures? All I seem to do is be able to see the stock ship's photo of an SS cabin. Does this make sense? Thanks!

Thanks to RuthC - you are right, it is a large cabin and VERY quiet.

Not to mention a perfect location. Glad it worked out well for you.

Of course, now I'll never be able to get in it ever again. :rolleyes:

Joanie, I am having trouble now getting any pictures off your web site. I know last year I was able to, so obviously I am doing something wrong. I am particularly interested in pictures of the SS balconies that are adjacent to the "corner/angled balconies". I wanted to see just how private they really were. Can you tell me ,once I have clicked on a ship what I do next to see real pictures? All I seem to do is be able to see the stock ship's photo of an SS cabin. Does this make sense? Thanks!

Now I know I am in big trouble...I was forgetting to scroll down until I reached the true pictures on each deck of each ship. Ah well, "moma said there would be days like this!"

Great pictures and a real bonus to all of us!!!

Now I know I am in big trouble...I was forgetting to scroll down until I reached the true pictures on each deck of each ship. Ah well, "moma said there would be days like this!"

Great pictures and a real bonus to all of us!!!

Tis not a problem, believew me, I've been there and done the same on other sites:)

I am currently revamping BOTH the Main and Back up sites so that it will be asier to see what staterooms are available and by Deck!!

Instead of one LONG page for each ship's staterooms, they are divided into Decks and you click on the deck number, i.e.; Deck 3 - Lower Promenade Deck Staterooms 3300–3439 you click on Deck 3 and it will take you to descriptions and photos of ONLY the staterooms on Deck 3....

So far all of the Regular stateroom photos for the back up site are completed. The Main site is now completed through Rotterdam.

As soon as I finish the Main Site's Zuiderdam, I will then break each of the Public Areas for each ship down the same way.

I am glaad that the site is helping so many people. It makes it easier for all of us:)

Joanie

Joanie...I've just e-mailed you our photos of E452 on Prinsendam. Thanks for all your hard work.

Lynn

Lynn, they are awesome!!! Such details, wow!!! I will have them up first thing in the morning!!

The photos and your detailed description will definitely help others looking for this info:)

Thank You so much!!

Joanie

We are planning (DH and I) on going in 2012 on the 14 day alaska cruise. We think an inside would be find, more $$ for ports or would ov cabin better. We had a balcony for our first cruise, used it mostly in the morning and to check the weather. We were thinking of I 7048 or DD 7055. Would appreciate others opinions. Motion doesn't bother us.

Thanks to all

We are planning (DH and I) on going in 2012 on the 14 day alaska cruise. We think an inside would be find, more $$ for ports or would ov cabin better. We had a balcony for our first cruise, used it mostly in the morning and to check the weather. We were thinking of I 7048 or DD 7055. Would appreciate others opinions. Motion doesn't bother us.

Thanks to all

No photos of either stateroom yet, but do have a description of DD 7056 at: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Amsterdam/Deck-7.html

Joanie