Parasailing at HMC- Question

GoingAway9

Hey, I booked our parasailing excursion a little while ago. And now, with less than 2 weeks till we leave, I'm finally getting around to do a mock-up pack job to see what can stay home and what I need to bring.

I really don't want to bring sneakers (I pretty much never wear them), but I'm afraid that I might be kicking myself in the butt if they require them when you go. I know you have to wear sneakers to go skydiving, but I'm not sure about parasailing.

I'm cruising with Carnival. Does anyone who's been know if I need to wear sneakers or not? It's the only thing keeping me from not bringing them at all...

Hey - just got back yesterday and my buddy did the parasailing barefoot. He loved it - his only regret was that he didn't have a camera with him. Strongly suggest you take a disposable (in case you drop it) but he said he would have gotten some great shots while he was up in the air. He was also on the very last tour of the day, and he tipped the guy $20 for a second ride.

We brought water shoes on board but never even unpacked them. The sand is powdery soft, but HOT.

The whole island was so beautiful. I'm now searching for the next cruise and HMC HAS to be on the itinerary.

Enjoy!

Hey - just got back yesterday and my buddy did the parasailing barefoot. He loved it - his only regret was that he didn't have a camera with him. Strongly suggest you take a disposable (in case you drop it) but he said he would have gotten some great shots while he was up in the air. He was also on the very last tour of the day, and he tipped the guy $20 for a second ride.

We brought water shoes on board but never even unpacked them. The sand is powdery soft, but HOT.

The whole island was so beautiful. I'm now searching for the next cruise and HMC HAS to be on the itinerary.

Enjoy!

Thanks so much- I've heard only good things about HMC and am SO excited to go.... In 2 weeks at this time I'll be on the boat! So super excited!

No need to wear sneakers when parasailing. And I second not to forget to bring a disposible camera to take up with you while parasailing. Its amazing!!:) Also nice to take a second camera (doesn't need to be disposible) for someone to take pictures of you while you are going up, in the air, and coming back down. There were three of us to take pictures of each other with the video from my camera but we also took pictures of another gentleman with us while it was his turn.

Archived