balmoral 12th dec anyone going?

seabourndt

after the black watch cruise sold i booked this, the only fred olsen ship i've not been on. actua;lly booked it via ships monthly so get a free canal trip, visit on the black watch in copenhagen. rewally looking forward to it. is she a good sea boat? after seeing those shocking pictures of the atlantic last year! got an outside cabin on atlantic deck. anyone going wanting tom meet onboard

dave

we've booked a balcony cabin (8049), not that I think there will be much call for a balcony in the North Sea in December.:) Liked the look of the ship, not quite the traditional maritime experience you get on the Black Watch, more glitz and it is of course bigger but I expect it will be fine.

Hope to see you on board.

John & Elaine

not sure of my cabin till i get confirmation, i am sharing a d grasde on adriatic deck. actually i booked via ships monthly got it for £599!! included is a visit on black watch in copenhagen(now i hear the black watch is missing out copenhagen!!) a canal cruise in amsterdam and a tour to the bridge. been on all the other fred olsen ships bar this one. was in dover monday to get some great pictures of the ship leaving

dave

Hi everyone

Looks like we are being booked on this one now. We were going to go on the Black Watch, but the t/a is getting us moved over now - suits us better as can no go out the night before sailing.

Been with F.O quite a few times, but the 1st time on here

I do not know the ship at all, but if any one has and knows a good place to meet up say the 1st evening for a drink then let us know, be nice, as always on here, to meet up, as we have done before

Cheers:)

after the black watch cruise sold i booked this, the only fred olsen ship i've not been on. actua;lly booked it via ships monthly so get a free canal trip, visit on the black watch in copenhagen. rewally looking forward to it. is she a good sea boat? after seeing those shocking pictures of the atlantic last year! got an outside cabin on atlantic deck. anyone going wanting tom meet onboard

dave

Yes black watch i would say is by far the best ship within fred olsen. It is very steady on the water and no movement at all, whilst i have sailed on it. :) I am sure you will have a fantastic cruise onboard the black watch.

take care

Hi everyone

Looks like we are being booked on this one now. We were going to go on the Black Watch, but the t/a is getting us moved over now - suits us better as can no go out the night before sailing.

Been with F.O quite a few times, but the 1st time on here

I do not know the ship at all, but if any one has and knows a good place to meet up say the 1st evening for a drink then let us know, be nice, as always on here, to meet up, as we have done before

Cheers:)

On the Black Watch our favourite place for a drink was the Observatory - and I know the Balmoral has one as well, so how about that.

nice one, i liked the black watch too. observtory then. so not visit on black watch as she is not going to in copenhagen after all. booked tghis via ships monthly which i never miss. includibng canal trip,visit and toiur of bridge am sharing outside.

dave

Mum and I are booked for this also.

We did a Western Med cruise in August on the Balmoral. It's is a wonderful ship, staff are excellent, facilities are great, food is fantastic.

We are booked in a couple superior insides on the bridge deck.

The Observertory (sp) is a fine place to meet for a drink, I would suggest the chairs by the windows at the very back of the boat.

Jerry

getting a few now, some have said the ship has no character but yours sounds liker she is a nice ship. i will give my impressions after i have been onboard. i was in copenhagen in december when queen victoria was there. tivoli was nice i was told i had deck 4 atlantic but it says 4146 whichn is on coral deck. as long as it has a picture window. it is l shaped whatever that means

dave

Starting to get excited about this cruise now as its gets ever closer.

I always put together a calendar for every cruise I go on which I find a huge help especially when there are clock & currency changes.

Ive attached it in pdf format & will update it with the correct arrival/sailing times & dress codes as soon as I get that info from Fred.

Hope you find it helpful too

see you all very soon :)

christmas markets cruise 12.12.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Received our cruise book today from Fred so Ive been able to update my cruise calendar with port times.

Feel free to print off a copy. :p

** Please note that the time changes & dress codes listed have not been confirmed & are only a guideline based on my cruise experience **

Im very surprised that they are not offering a tour to the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen as from what Ive researched this is where the Christmas Market & display is being held :confused:

christmas markets cruise 12.12.pdf

no cruise excursions book as yet here. hope we can all meet up when onboard, as i booked this cruise via shgips monthly they are doing a canal cruise in amsterdam, not sure about tothers. hoping for ship visit on back watch. any idea about bringing booze onboard at ports? do they take them away? i have never had any taken. but want to get some in copenhagen to take home. guess yiou will get the x mas hamper not sure if in will. just returned from rome i had 2c hours sleep so very tired.

dave

Received our cruise book today from Fred so Ive been able to update my cruise calendar with port times.

Feel free to print off a copy. :p

** Please note that the time changes & dress codes listed have not been confirmed & are only a guideline based on my cruise experience **

Im very surprised that they are not offering a tour to the Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen as from what Ive researched this is where the Christmas Market & display is being held :confused:

Thanks for the update.

Not received the cruise book here yet, but the "my cruises" section of the FO web site shows that there is a Tivoli Gardens tour from 1500 to 1800. Should be possible to get there independently as well especially if there is a shuttle bus to the city centre.

no cruise excursions book as yet here. hope we can all meet up when onboard, as i booked this cruise via shgips monthly they are doing a canal cruise in amsterdam, not sure about tothers. hoping for ship visit on back watch. any idea about bringing booze onboard at ports? do they take them away? i have never had any taken. but want to get some in copenhagen to take home. guess yiou will get the x mas hamper not sure if in will. just returned from rome i had 2c hours sleep so very tired.

dave

Don't think we will be in port with the Black Watch - she is scheduled for Amsterdam on Thursday 17 but we will be there on Friday 18. BW is not calling at Copenhagen at all following the reschedule of that cruise.

Regarding booze, yes they will take it away and return it you on the penultimate day of the cruise based on our past experience.

Thanks for the update.

Not received the cruise book here yet, but the "my cruises" section of the FO web site shows that there is a Tivoli Gardens tour from 1500 to 1800. Should be possible to get there independently as well especially if there is a shuttle bus to the city centre.

Fred is offering a trip to Tivoli, whoever proof-read the cruise book prior to print cocked-up big time as the Hamburg tour is printed twice instead of the Tivoli tour...oops :eek:

I would prefer to do it independently but my Mother is disabled so organised tours are easier for her. We walked from the dock to the local bus stop in Copenhagen last year as the HoHo buses were not running & did the canal cruise independently but she's not up to doing as much walking this year :(

not sure how i got it wrong, 1st we were in coprenhagen together then they changed it and sure we were both in amsterdam together. even aasked the organiser if there;s any chance. never said no they are not in port the same day. gues everyone gets the hamper. not sure if i will get it as booking via ships monthly. they are doing the canal cruise in amsterdam free. been to copenhagen last year when the queen victoria was in did tivoli myself had a great time. hamburg there is a great maritime museum there. wanted to go to bremerhaven but too far i think

dave

Fred is offering a trip to Tivoli, whoever proof-read the cruise book prior to print cocked-up big time as the Hamburg tour is printed twice instead of the Tivoli tour...oops :eek:

I would prefer to do it independently but my Mother is disabled so organised tours are easier for her. We walked from the dock to the local bus stop in Copenhagen last year as the HoHo buses were not running & did the canal cruise independently but she's not up to doing as much walking this year :(

Our cruise book came this morning and it's the first time we've had a personalised version which is rather good. However I see what you mean, one of the other tours repeated twice and no Tivoli. Must try harder:)

We will probably make our own way there.

Hi,

We also rcvd our Tours brochure today. I was hoping that FO would have offered a Tivoli excursion during the evening as we are in Copenhagen until 2300hrs.

I am thinking of making our own way to Tivoli if there are taxi's available from the quay as my mum also has walking difficulties. We can then spend as long or as little time in the park as my mum feels upto doing.

J +

Archived