balmoral 12th dec anyone going?

seabourndt

not had the chance to look at it yet though. if it is like the website not a great choice. what is the deal with insurance i see on my form neither of us have put it in. they say if you dop not you csannot book excursions beforehand. anybody had fred olsen actually checking at check in if you have insurance? i remember on black prince they did ask for it, nobody else does!

DAVE

not had the chance to look at it yet though. if it is like the website not a great choice. what is the deal with insurance i see on my form neither of us have put it in. they say if you dop not you csannot book excursions beforehand. anybody had fred olsen actually checking at check in if you have insurance? i remember on black prince they did ask for it, nobody else does!

DAVE

In order to complete the online passenger information form (PIF) you need to fill in the insurance details there. The tours will not become avaialble to you until you complete the PIF. Even then the excursions tab is sometimes empty.

Jerry

When I rcvd my booklet there was a couple if Items highlights ie place of birth, contacts mobile number.

I logged onto the FO web site to complete the PIF and it does not give me accces to my PIF and it states completed.

I then tried to emai FO at the email address at the bottom PIF page in the booklet and that

had been returned undelivered,

Does anyone have a different email address I could use or do you think as my PIF online says completed I am ok???

J +

When I rcvd my booklet there was a couple if Items highlights ie place of birth, contacts mobile number.

I logged onto the FO web site to complete the PIF and it does not give me accces to my PIF and it states completed.

I then tried to emai FO at the email address at the bottom PIF page in the booklet and that

had been returned undelivered,

Does anyone have a different email address I could use or do you think as my PIF online says completed I am ok???

J +

If it says completed then you should be ok. This will be our second trip with FO, and one thing I noticed when I went to complete the PIF was that most of the personal details supplied for the first trip were already filled in.

If you are worried that some details are incomplete or incorrect then I would suggest you just give them a call on 01473 746175 and confirm.

Jerry

Hi Everyone, looks like there will be quite a few of us on board then

Sorry I have not been on here been having a few computer problems so seeing all the questions I will give you my answers:

1. Meeting up for a drink, I see a couple of you have said yes, well if there is an observatory bar shall we go for that on the 1st evening, perhaps pre 1st sitting drinks. I would give you a cabin number to contact us on, but we have one of those when we will be told the number nearer the time, or on board. If anyone wants to be a co-ordinator for a drink then leave your cabin number and we can all contact you, if not say the Observatory lounge about 5:45 and look around for people looking around

2. Excursions, our book was like yours had a repeat trip in Copenhagen, so went onto the website and it was all there, no sign of an evening trip to the Tivoli, we have booked the day time one, but as the ship does not sail until later any idea how far from the port? In case any of us wanted to club together for a taxi?

3. We have not booked anything for Hamburg, hoping to get a taxi or similar into the market area, if anyone wants to share, let me know

4. Brining your booze on board - it is taken from you and returned something like the last night on board so you can pack it into your luggage

5. Anyone no travelled with FO before, then hope you have a good time, as they are a very good Company to go with, never been on the Balmoral before, so that will be interesting, our favourite is the Black Watch, and we had booked for their Christmas cruise until they shortened it and then deleted Copenhagen and the Keil Canal from the stopping places.

Anyway hope to see you on board very soon

Cheers

Steve & Jan

you can use my cabin to co ordinate if you like 4136 on coral deck. not sure what other activities there will be as booked by ships monthly cruise. am sharing to save money. i looked at the one in hamburg to wonderland which looks interesting. get the canal trip gratis in amsterdam. 1st tiome on balmoral topo but been on all the others.

dave

Hi,

Does anyone know if we have any theme nights on our cruise and if so what they are??

I know they normally have a British night (red, white and blue), but I read somewhere they sometimes have western or hawaiian evening.

Christmas evening would be good, as we are on a Xmas markets cruise.

J +

Being a 7 night cruise, I reckon, casual 1st night, formal 2nd and perhaps final night.leaving 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th nights. So it will be common for Bitish to be the main theme night, as that always goes down well, and out of the other two, would reckon the other would be western - who wants to walk around in a thin Hawain shirt in the temperatures we may get. That would leave two other nights for informal, or smart casual.

See you on board

Steve & Jan

you can use my cabin to co ordinate if you like 4136 on coral deck. not sure what other activities there will be as booked by ships monthly cruise. am sharing to save money. i looked at the one in hamburg to wonderland which looks interesting. get the canal trip gratis in amsterdam. 1st tiome on balmoral topo but been on all the others.

dave

Thanks for that Dave, give you a ring when on board if thats OK

Steve & Jan

just make sure it is me as i'm sharing cabin. looking forward to the cruise. after having to cancel some cruise nice to get away near to x mas. wonder what's in store for my xmas and new year. not sure if i will be working. i'd love to go away for xmas once day. gor a x mas meal out on the day we get back

dave

dave

We've booked just the Wonderland excursion in Hamburg as it's somewhere I wanted to go anyway.

We'll be in the Observatory Bar on the first evening at 5.45 pm - circumstances permitting - but will confirm with you as well if that's OK. Just to give you all a hint I'm 6ft 3", and Elaine is rather shorter:)

For us as well it's the first time on Balmoral and hope we like it as much as we do the Black Watch.

John & Elaine

looking to meeting you there yes please calll to confirm. so we are both doing the wonderland. not actually bookked it yet as not done the insurance yet but this weekend. would have liked to go to bremerhaven but it is too far i think. never had time to do it last time. always like gong to hamburg last time i wanted to get a few things like a calendar and a model but could not afford it last time. my friend said the ship has no character but hoping i like her.

hope there are no weather problems in dover this time. as last time my friend did it she was late getting into dover she could not get in and hit a tug. not sure if it was the same ports but think it was copenhagen and amsterdam

dave

looked in my drawer and found freds map that you are given for copenghagen

tivioli is oppisite the main railway station in the bernstorffsgade

buses opperate till 4.30 am and go from the pier.

its a 5 min drive from the city centre to the pier and about 5 mins walk from there to the gardens.

entrance to the gdns costs and from there you can go to musuems cafes restaurants etc.

from the pier you can catch an open top bus that goes around city , hop on/off, little mermaid/palace/carlseburg brewery/strogert main shopping area /christaborg palce and gdns/nyhavn canal/tivioli gdns and the zoo.

as all hop on buses beware that they get full and they can often miss one out.good way to see bits and pieces

steve do not get drunk if you take the brewery tour

if you are in hamburg try the town hall tour, if its on, about 5 euro,s spectacular rooms/ballrooms, and tour , lasts about 1 hr

best regards

steve and hilary

Getting very excited about this cruise now its only 1 month away, booked our excursions & have found out we have been upgraded to an outside cabin ....woo hoo!

We will be staying in Canterbury the night before the cruise as its a great place to stay & far more interesting than Dover.

See you all soon :p

Getting very excited about this cruise now its only 1 month away, booked our excursions & have found out we have been upgraded to an outside cabin ....woo hoo!

We will be staying in Canterbury the night before the cruise as its a great place to stay & far more interesting than Dover.

See you all soon :p

The last 3 to 4 weeks fly bye, we are looking forward to it as well

Doris, why not join us all for a drink in the Observatory at 5.45, be good to meet up with like minded travellers

Steve & Jan

looked in my drawer and found freds map that you are given for copenghagen

tivioli is oppisite the main railway station in the bernstorffsgade

buses opperate till 4.30 am and go from the pier.

its a 5 min drive from the city centre to the pier and about 5 mins walk from there to the gardens.

entrance to the gdns costs and from there you can go to musuems cafes restaurants etc.

from the pier you can catch an open top bus that goes around city , hop on/off, little mermaid/palace/carlseburg brewery/strogert main shopping area /christaborg palce and gdns/nyhavn canal/tivioli gdns and the zoo.

as all hop on buses beware that they get full and they can often miss one out.good way to see bits and pieces

steve do not get drunk if you take the brewery tour

if you are in hamburg try the town hall tour, if its on, about 5 euro,s spectacular rooms/ballrooms, and tour , lasts about 1 hr

best regards

steve and hilary

Hi Steve and Hilary how are you guys, good to hear from you again

Thanks for the info, that will come in very handy, I will be sure to make note of them - brewery tour, mmmm now thats a thought lol

I assume you decided against this one, I know you were thinking you may do the one on the Watch.

Cheers

Steve & Jan

Hi Steve and Hilary how are you guys, good to hear from you again

Thanks for the info, that will come in very handy, I will be sure to make note of them - brewery tour, mmmm now thats a thought lol

I assume you decided against this one, I know you were thinking you may do the one on the Watch.

Cheers

Steve & Jan

Yes we decided it might be to cold, did xmas markets 2 years ago and the year before that also.

Just fancied the kiel canal . We have been to copenhagen and hamburg

(up the river to hamburg) did that on the queen mary that was a highlight.

Booked instead for the xmas show at Thursford nr norwich, good reviwes , not the same as a cruise but time away.

enjoy yourselves and have a happy xmas

best regards steve and hilary

yes the brewery tour i did it earlier this year on the sighseeing bus. 2 free drinks i picked the striongest and had the alcohol check too. i will be doing it hoping a friend i met there might be there. nice you are staying in canterbury the night before. looking forward to it just purchsed my travel insurance

dave

mine are coming next week they say, not sure if i made a mistake filling in the bonline form as ships monthly doing it as a group. wonder how many there are going. saw the qm2 off in soton (friend was onboard) quite rough seas at the moment. wonder what weather will be like. looking forward to seeing you all

dave

anyone else got their tickets yet? i am still waiting. not long now am getting excited now!

see you

dave

Yes ours arrived today, you may all want to check the ticket page, ours had most right apart from sailing to the med and canaries - phoned FO and was told a few printing errors, but all tickets are valid

All other aspects and cabin number was correct

Not long now, and looking forward to meeting you all in the obs lounge on the 1st afternoon

Steve & Jan

Hope you get your tickets soon Dave, you may want to check with your travel agent as they should have had them last week from FO

Whoever put the attachment up with the dress code you have only one formal night - there will be two, normlly the Captains parties at start and finish, so I would say:

12/12 Casual

13/12 Formal

14/12

15/12

16/12

17/12

18/12 Formal

The 14th to 17th there are three themed parties, leaving one night (or any night you don't dress up) as informal. You guess would be as good as mine which order that happens, but the British night seems to be later in the week than the rest

Not long now, soon be time to find the suitcases and ponder whether to pack the sandals and swimming costumes

Steve & Jan

Archived