Need help to pick out excursions on mediterrian cruise to barcelona, france, italy

CALABRIA1958

We are going sailing on the royal carribean 12-night cruise to barcelona, france, naples, venice, croatia, corfu, rome, flornece, pisa, and trying to pick out the excursions. Any ideas on which excursions to take?

Thank you,:):)

Have you done any research on these ports at all? There are so much to see and I think it would be a good idea for you to at least have some basic ideas on what you want to see at each port. You could either join ship excursion (not a hot choice in my humble opinion), do it on your own, or hire a private tour guide. Have you joined the roll call for your cruise? You could get together with other people and share the cost of the private tours which will come out very economical.

We will be going on a Med Cruise next June and have lined up 4 private tours (Cannes, Naples, Rome and Florence) to share with others. We will do a taxi tour in Corfu and walk on our own in Venice and Dubrovnik.

Have fun searching and learning!

I agree with Quanmama, We just did a similar cruise in July! I would also suggest that you do a LOT of reading on these boards ... taking notes along the way. A pattern that fits your particular interests will begin to emerge. Then, you can ask (or even search) specific questions about the specific tours that match your needs. Your original question is just so broad it would take pages and pages to answer fully!

We are going sailing on the royal carribean 12-night cruise to barcelona, france, naples, venice, croatia, corfu, rome, flornece, pisa, and trying to pick out the excursions. Any ideas on which excursions to take?

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We just got off the 12 night Brilliance of the Seas from Barcelona with the same itinerary. It was awesome. Here is the link to our brief review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=57957

You might want to read some reviews and look at Roll Calls for recent sailings. Also it would be useful to sign up for the Roll Call for your sailing date and find out what others are planning to do.

Here is the link to our review of our 12 night Cruise on the Legend of the Seas in August 2007; many of the same ports:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33168

Have a wonderful time.

Kathy:)

You need to do your homework. :) There are hundreds of tour possibilities. You need to determine what your interests are and narrow them down. Look over a shore excursion list. Then repost for more specific information. Are you only looking at ship excursions?? Private tours?? Independent touring?? All possible with an excellent experience. I went entirely independent which was my preference, what is yours??

Welcome to CC. Here is a site I used early on in my research on what I'd plan in port: http://www.europeportreviews.com/

Depending on your budget, style and how much you want to get in port will likely sway you to one of 3 choices; Cruise tour, DIY ( Do It Yourself ), or Private depending on the ports some make sense to DIY others private/Cruise.

Personally I'm a fan of only DIY and Private. Private gets you so much more in port provided you can find a group of 4-7 people to fill a vehicle. If you fill a vehicle ~ 7 people the cost is almost always cheaper and you'll always see more. For ports like Livorno, Naples, and Civitacchia one needs to really think hard about what one wants to get out as the benifits of Private can be really high in these ports as the attractions are far from port.

Good luck in your planning

Archived