What's your favorite Carnival food item?

J-Hawk

Creme Brulee

Bitter and Blanc

Sushi

West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

Those are the ones that stand out in my memory. But there are plenty of other things that I absolutely loved as well. Personally I didn't like the warm chocolate melting cake that everyone raves about. My wife is a chocolate NUT and has had it multiple times and everything she is disapointed and thinks it's terrible. I don't think she'll ever order it again.

I loved the carved mustard ham they served at buffet on the Pride. I also love the Maryland corn chowder in MDR. I always wish I'd ordered two cups of it. I really thought I'd love the bitter n blanc but both times I've tried it, it tasted like dried out bread with slivers of chocolate here and there - very little taste. I am going to give it another try on my Jan. cruise.

I seldom order soup at local restaurants, but the soups on CCL are awesome, the pumpkin is probably my favorite. I often order 2 soups at dinner, they are so good. And the wasabi potatoes in the Steakhouse are very tasty!

Several of the "diet" desserts are good, as well

My absolute favorite dessert on the CCL is the DIET MANGO CAKE!! MMMM

I didnt see that one on the menu, but I did try the diet orange cake, diet lemon cake, and diet coconut cake, and loved them all! You would hardly know there is no sugar!

I didnt see that one on the menu, but I did try the diet orange cake, diet lemon cake, and diet coconut cake, and loved them all! You would hardly know there is no sugar!

The Mango cake was in the back buffet (Windows on the Sea) on the Fantasy last week. Very tasty!

Halloween Night was really nice with special desserts. Midnight chocolate 3 layer cake with a bat cookie and a cheesecake with a hovering phyllo dough ghost, truffle head and marzipan pumpkins. Quite fun!

I'll post some pics of those tomorrow, pics are on my laptop and I'm not!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I like the Captain's dinner the best -- usually the 2nd evening meal (evening of the first full day). This is when Carnival has served the Pumpkin Soup (sounds gross, but is delicious); Lobster; Prime Rib. Yummy. And I think you can get Shrimp Cocktail every night, right?

I also like the free Cappuccino. Please tell me Carnival still has free Cappuccino in the dining room !!! You can get it caffeine free.

The made-to-order Reuben sandwiches are also good -- usually somewhere in the Lido buffet area. And that afternoon plate of French fries from the poolside grill.

:) Ecstasy -- Here I come :)

* West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

* Spa Carnival (Diet) Cakes - Orange, Coconut, Mango, Banana

* Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms

* Crab Cake

* De Chevre pizza ( from the pizza station)

* Filet Mignon (in the supper club/steakhouse)

* Lobster Bisque (in the supper club/steakhouse --- so much better than the Lobster Bisque in the main dining room)

* Chocolate desserts (in the supper club/steakhouse). I don't know the name :o of this, but it consists of a variety of four chocolate confections served in glasses presented on a long platter. It also comes with a spoonful of tiny golden cubes (gelatin ???). Very pretty and definitely scrumptious!

I really need to book another Carnival cruise :D.

I like the Captain's dinner the best -- usually the 2nd evening meal (evening of the first full day). This is when Carnival has served the Pumpkin Soup (sounds gross, but is delicious); Lobster; Prime Rib. Yummy. And I think you can get Shrimp Cocktail every night, right?

I also like the free Cappuccino. Please tell me Carnival still has free Cappuccino in the dining room !!! You can get it caffeine free.

The made-to-order Reuben sandwiches are also good -- usually somewhere in the Lido buffet area. And that afternoon plate of French fries from the poolside grill.

:) Ecstasy -- Here I come :)

I am happy to say that the cappucicino was still available and free while on my recent cruise on Carnival Liberty, October. Very good too.:)

* West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

* Spa Carnival (Diet) Cakes - Orange, Coconut, Mango, Banana

* Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms

* Crab Cake

* De Chevre pizza ( from the pizza station)

* Filet Mignon (in the supper club/steakhouse)

* Lobster Bisque (in the supper club/steakhouse --- so much better than the Lobster Bisque in the main dining room)

* Chocolate desserts (in the supper club/steakhouse). I don't know the name :o of this, but it consists of a variety of four chocolate confections served in glasses presented on a long platter. It also comes with a spoonful of tiny golden cubes (gelatin ???). Very pretty and definitely scrumptious!

I really need to book another Carnival cruise :D.

I also love the Pumpkin soup, as well as the french onion soup. I also love the diet cakes for dessert, orange, coconut, lemon and banana. I have yet to see the mango cake, but will try it when I do. I have 283 days till my next cruise. A long time to contemplate all the things I will try next time!:)

On our cruise a few years ago they had Banana Cream Pie and we ate soooo much of it that it was ridiculous!! They never have had any since though so I'm glad we ate so much of it! Also LOVE the Seafood Newburg, Tuna on English Muffin (room service) and White Bean soup. Yummmmm.....136 more days to go :D

Free cappuccino. YEAH! Hey Carnival: If you read these message boards -- don't change the free cappuccino.

Ditto, the cappucino!

Also an new item on my favorite list, is the Beef Short Ribs!!!! Had these on my recent October cruise on Liberty. The menu was a little different from my previous cruise on the Valor in 2007, but I enjoyed this new entree very much! :)

Someone sent me the new Carnival Conquest menu since they have a new chef, but it doesn't list the Choc Molten Cake. Can anyone tell me if they still have it? I can't imagine they would take such a popular item off the dessert menu. My G-kids will be CRUSHED!!! They order it every nite!! Please let me know if you've sailed the Conquest lately and please, please say it's still available!!!!

Thanks,

Archived